Who is from Illinois? - Page 6 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Illinois Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #151
Jeeper
 
robbiecc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 771
hi

Hi all-newb here from wauconda. It's kinda between 'Where???' and 'Nowhere!!!', up north where they have to pump in sunlight.
1st jeep, had it little over a week and sofar I love it-especially after i got the wobble at 55mph out of it(wheels needed balance)
Now just need some decient (cheap) tires(normal/road) for it. Been lurking around reading alot-slowly picking things up-another yr or 10 and i might actually know something


robbiecc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #152
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5
I'm from Carbondale. Not much chatter from folks down here in the south. Bought my first Jeep, exactly 1 week from this post, 2001 4.0L Wrangler Sport.... F ing Love it. Surprised not more people talking from down here we have awesome places to wheel. If your from So. Ill ...let me hear ya.

adzo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-10-2010, 01:02 AM   #153
Ggg
Jeeper
 
Ggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NW. IL
Posts: 304
Images: 2
adzo many years ago I went to school at SIU, oh man I have so many fond memories of Carbondale and the area.
I live near Rockford now.
Ggg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #154
Jeeper
 
robbiecc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggg View Post
adzo many years ago I went to school at SIU, oh man I have so many fond memories of Carbondale and the area.
I live near Rockford now.
bout an hr west of me. camp alot at rock cut and tried blackhawk the last time
Also spent alot of time down by you(siu) Son goes to 'camp little giant' and we stay(camp) at gant city while dropping him off/picking him up(we usually go somewhere else)
robbiecc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #155
Ggg
Jeeper
 
Ggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NW. IL
Posts: 304
Images: 2
I am familiar with all the places you mentioned, including Giant city.
Ggg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-21-2010, 12:28 AM   #156
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
Axilracing is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 01:24 AM   #157
Jeeper
 
jeepmanwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sullivan,WI
Posts: 30
Images: 3
Currently live in WI but spend a lot of time in Spring Grove with the GF. In the heart of the Chain of Lakes. Three blocks from Grass Lake.
__________________
President of Damage Inc. I own a Jeep or two.
jeepmanwi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 02:01 AM   #158
Jeeper
 
jdhallissey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gurnee,IL
Posts: 5,104
Send a message via AIM to jdhallissey
Over in gurnee. We are most likely doing the turkey run (sat and sun right after black friday)
__________________
Know nothing SPEAK on everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post
Isn't the JK just a rebodied PT Cruiser?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_94yj
Just a few more inches Red. You can take it.


If you haven't gotten more out of the insurance company than you deserve, then you haven't screwed them nearly as much as they have been screwing you for the past xx years.
jdhallissey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 02:39 AM   #159
Jeeper
 
jeepmanwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sullivan,WI
Posts: 30
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhallissey View Post
Over in gurnee. We are most likely doing the turkey run (sat and sun right after black friday)
What's the turkey run? Maybe up for it if I fill my tags deer hunting...
__________________
President of Damage Inc. I own a Jeep or two.
jeepmanwi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 03:00 AM   #160
Jeeper
 
jdhallissey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gurnee,IL
Posts: 5,104
Send a message via AIM to jdhallissey
haha it is 2 days of wheeling down at badlands. Not actual hunting
__________________
Know nothing SPEAK on everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post
Isn't the JK just a rebodied PT Cruiser?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_94yj
Just a few more inches Red. You can take it.


If you haven't gotten more out of the insurance company than you deserve, then you haven't screwed them nearly as much as they have been screwing you for the past xx years.
jdhallissey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 04:28 AM   #161
Jeeper
 
StinkyMud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Roselle, IL
Posts: 485
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhallissey View Post
haha it is 2 days of wheeling down at badlands. Not actual hunting
Hmmm, I was thinking of taking Black Friday off. We have NOT made it down to the Badlands (YET) but I'd LOVE to go. R U camping or hoteling it?
__________________
"Here, hold my beer. I wanna try something"

Jeff & Angel http://ddoffroad.com/
- 2004 TJ SE 2.4 5 speed, 3" lift with 31's
- 1989 YJ 4.2 5 speed, with 7" lift and 33's
StinkyMud is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 04:35 AM   #162
Jeeper
 
jdhallissey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gurnee,IL
Posts: 5,104
Send a message via AIM to jdhallissey
Camping it. I always camp. There is a hotel right around the corner tho. I have to toss a new clutch in (throw out bearing went out) I just had my wisdom teeth pulled so this week I will toss a new clutch kit in and be ready to go. There will be probably 20 or so jeeps out there. I will head out friday afternoon and come back sunday night. I am trying to borrow my buddies truck so I can tow it on down.
__________________
Know nothing SPEAK on everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post
Isn't the JK just a rebodied PT Cruiser?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_94yj
Just a few more inches Red. You can take it.


If you haven't gotten more out of the insurance company than you deserve, then you haven't screwed them nearly as much as they have been screwing you for the past xx years.
jdhallissey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 05:10 AM   #163
Jeeper
 
StinkyMud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Roselle, IL
Posts: 485
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhallissey View Post
Camping it. I always camp. There is a hotel right around the corner tho. I have to toss a new clutch in (throw out bearing went out) I just had my wisdom teeth pulled so this week I will toss a new clutch kit in and be ready to go. There will be probably 20 or so jeeps out there. I will head out friday afternoon and come back sunday night. I am trying to borrow my buddies truck so I can tow it on down.
What all is "required" on your rig at the badlands? CB, Flag, Fire extinguisher, Tow hooks on both front and back?

Looking for anyone else to join in the fun???
__________________
"Here, hold my beer. I wanna try something"

Jeff & Angel http://ddoffroad.com/
- 2004 TJ SE 2.4 5 speed, 3" lift with 31's
- 1989 YJ 4.2 5 speed, with 7" lift and 33's
StinkyMud is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #164
Jeeper
 
jeepmanwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sullivan,WI
Posts: 30
Images: 3
Fire extinguisher,flag tow points and some balls. I'm going down for toys for tots next month.
__________________
President of Damage Inc. I own a Jeep or two.
jeepmanwi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-16-2010, 04:54 AM   #165
Jeeper
 
jdhallissey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gurnee,IL
Posts: 5,104
Send a message via AIM to jdhallissey
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMud View Post
What all is "required" on your rig at the badlands? CB, Flag, Fire extinguisher, Tow hooks on both front and back?

Looking for anyone else to join in the fun???
Flag and tow points. I have a extra flag you can borrow, and tow points-- buy 2 hooks for the front bout 25 bucks total and I can even help ya put them on. I don't have to many requirements to wheel with me. It is pricey, and to carry all that stuff it takes time to get it the way you want it. So if I can tug ya then your good in my group. Wherever I go you can make it locked or not locked. There are some areas in the rock quarry that I will tell you not to follow but either then that you would have a blast out there with me.
__________________
Know nothing SPEAK on everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post
Isn't the JK just a rebodied PT Cruiser?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_94yj
Just a few more inches Red. You can take it.


If you haven't gotten more out of the insurance company than you deserve, then you haven't screwed them nearly as much as they have been screwing you for the past xx years.
jdhallissey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-16-2010, 04:58 AM   #166
Jeeper
 
jdhallissey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gurnee,IL
Posts: 5,104
Send a message via AIM to jdhallissey
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiecc View Post
Hi all-newb here from wauconda. It's kinda between 'Where???' and 'Nowhere!!!', up north where they have to pump in sunlight.
1st jeep, had it little over a week and sofar I love it-especially after i got the wobble at 55mph out of it(wheels needed balance)
Now just need some decient (cheap) tires(normal/road) for it. Been lurking around reading alot-slowly picking things up-another yr or 10 and i might actually know something
Let me know when you want to do something on the jeep or want another set of eyes to look at it. I work at a shop in wacounda, right on main st. ACM Recovery, I have the shop keys and a few full tool boxes worth of tools hehe. Also let me know on tires- I have a wholesale account, so tires are dirt cheap. Kumho's right now are on a great run and great prices. Let me know.
__________________
Know nothing SPEAK on everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post
Isn't the JK just a rebodied PT Cruiser?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_94yj
Just a few more inches Red. You can take it.


If you haven't gotten more out of the insurance company than you deserve, then you haven't screwed them nearly as much as they have been screwing you for the past xx years.
jdhallissey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-16-2010, 05:00 AM   #167
Jeeper
 
jdhallissey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gurnee,IL
Posts: 5,104
Send a message via AIM to jdhallissey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmanwi View Post
Fire extinguisher,flag tow points and some balls. I'm going down for toys for tots next month.
There is really nothing to crazy down there lol. I might push my trip back to the toys for tot's run since I am finding it hard to find people to hit up the normal turkey run. My buddies are running into money issues and truck issues that have more money issues.
__________________
Know nothing SPEAK on everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post
Isn't the JK just a rebodied PT Cruiser?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_94yj
Just a few more inches Red. You can take it.


If you haven't gotten more out of the insurance company than you deserve, then you haven't screwed them nearly as much as they have been screwing you for the past xx years.
jdhallissey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-16-2010, 05:08 AM   #168
Jeeper
 
jeepmanwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sullivan,WI
Posts: 30
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhallissey View Post
There is really nothing to crazy down there lol. I might push my trip back to the toys for tot's run since I am finding it hard to find people to hit up the normal turkey run. My buddies are running into money issues and truck issues that have more money issues.
Yep your right nothing to hard, I just had to put that in there. Been down there several times. It will be the first time for toy run. I make it down every March for NAXJA winterfest.
__________________
President of Damage Inc. I own a Jeep or two.
jeepmanwi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-16-2010, 05:11 AM   #169
Jeeper
 
jdhallissey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gurnee,IL
Posts: 5,104
Send a message via AIM to jdhallissey
Then I probably say you at the last NAXJA event since I was there too lol. Yea I am one of the very few to walk up axle breaker on 33's with no help from anybody else! I also got it on video!
__________________
Know nothing SPEAK on everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post
Isn't the JK just a rebodied PT Cruiser?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_94yj
Just a few more inches Red. You can take it.


If you haven't gotten more out of the insurance company than you deserve, then you haven't screwed them nearly as much as they have been screwing you for the past xx years.
jdhallissey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-16-2010, 05:57 AM   #170
Jeeper
 
StinkyMud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Roselle, IL
Posts: 485
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhallissey View Post
Flag and tow points. I have a extra flag you can borrow, and tow points-- buy 2 hooks for the front bout 25 bucks total and I can even help ya put them on. I don't have to many requirements to wheel with me. It is pricey, and to carry all that stuff it takes time to get it the way you want it. So if I can tug ya then your good in my group. Wherever I go you can make it locked or not locked. There are some areas in the rock quarry that I will tell you not to follow but either then that you would have a blast out there with me.
Just got done putting some 10k lbs Reese hooks on the front last weekend along with a 2" BB. Today I'm gonna mount one more hook on the back frame. Last weekend I wired my CB for power and I'll also be installing the coax and my new Firestick today. I'll have an extinguisher mounted before my 1st trip to a park. I also borrowed a flag from my friend however it's REALLY tall!

I'm pretty much good to go.... Just waiting for some people to go with! I MIGHT go down to the Cliff's on Sunday instead of my usual spots down in Braidwood IL.

OH yeah, and unfortunately I don't have lockers.... YET!!!
__________________
"Here, hold my beer. I wanna try something"

Jeff & Angel http://ddoffroad.com/
- 2004 TJ SE 2.4 5 speed, 3" lift with 31's
- 1989 YJ 4.2 5 speed, with 7" lift and 33's
StinkyMud is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #171
Jeeper
 
YAHAHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 774
The Cliffs is a lot of fun. I love the steep hills when it is dry and when it is wet, it's just too much fun slippin' around in all that crud!
YAHAHA is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-16-2010, 09:08 AM   #172
Jeeper
 
biffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere in Big Ten country
Posts: 419
Great to see so many Illini on this! I'm from Crystal Lake, went to NIU and now live out in Lincoln, NE but I go back to Ill a few times a year. My dad lives in the QC, so I always drop in when I'm passing through that area as well.
biffman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #173
moe
Jeeper
 
moe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Marseilles,Il
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMud

Just got done putting some 10k lbs Reese hooks on the front last weekend along with a 2" BB. Today I'm gonna mount one more hook on the back frame. Last weekend I wired my CB for power and I'll also be installing the coax and my new Firestick today. I'll have an extinguisher mounted before my 1st trip to a park. I also borrowed a flag from my friend however it's REALLY tall!

I'm pretty much good to go.... Just waiting for some people to go with! I MIGHT go down to the Cliff's on Sunday instead of my usual spots down in Braidwood IL.

OH yeah, and unfortunately I don't have lockers.... YET!!!
Hey Stink, I'm 3 minutes from the Cliffs and need to get out once more before I start tearin the Tj down. PM me if ur headin out Sunday.
__________________
If the wife knew how much I got in this thing I'd have to sleep in it!!
moe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #174
Jeeper
 
StinkyMud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Roselle, IL
Posts: 485
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe View Post
Hey Stink, I'm 3 minutes from the Cliffs and need to get out once more before I start tearin the Tj down. PM me if ur headin out Sunday.
I was out over near Oglesby last weekend doing some random wheeling over by Split Rock Lake. I will head back there again soon. If I go to the Cliff's I'll gladly shoot ya my number. I could use another Jeep to go with. I KNOW I'm gonna get stuck LOL
__________________
"Here, hold my beer. I wanna try something"

Jeff & Angel http://ddoffroad.com/
- 2004 TJ SE 2.4 5 speed, 3" lift with 31's
- 1989 YJ 4.2 5 speed, with 7" lift and 33's
StinkyMud is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-21-2010, 10:12 PM   #175
Jeeper
 
workingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norther Illinois
Posts: 18
Images: 1
hey all Newbe to the jeeper gang i have had my 01 jt stock looking to make some mods but need a little more money first !!!!!!!!! I'm from Loves Park why up north hope to learn alot on here and meet some new friends
workingdad is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #176
Jeeper
 
workingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norther Illinois
Posts: 18
Images: 1
ok let me fix this from my last post. I have a 2001 wrangler sport 5 speed and it is stock but I want to start doing some mods when I get some money!!! I did put in a cb ( cobra 90 ) I also with the help of a friend who has been a jeeper for awhile we rewired my stock fog lights. I live in Loves Park Il. it is just north of Rockford. I have only had my jeep for a few months and I am hoping to learn alot and make some new friends !!!!!!!!!!
workingdad is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-21-2010, 11:44 PM   #177
Jeeper
 
jgwalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: MT
Posts: 178
Wood River IL, in Montana currently.
jgwalt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #178
Jeeper
 
Killer Klown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Yorkville, IL
Posts: 16
Newb here! I hail from Yorkville, IL. Bunch of great lookin' Jeeps here! I cruise a '95 YJ with a couple small mods. I'm working on getting a hard top for the winter right now.



Later...T
Killer Klown is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2010, 04:43 AM   #179
Jeeper
 
StinkyMud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Roselle, IL
Posts: 485
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
ok let me fix this from my last post. I have a 2001 wrangler sport 5 speed and it is stock but I want to start doing some mods when I get some money!!! I did put in a cb ( cobra 90 ) I also with the help of a friend who has been a jeeper for awhile we rewired my stock fog lights. I live in Loves Park Il. it is just north of Rockford. I have only had my jeep for a few months and I am hoping to learn alot and make some new friends !!!!!!!!!!
Welcome!!
__________________
"Here, hold my beer. I wanna try something"

Jeff & Angel http://ddoffroad.com/
- 2004 TJ SE 2.4 5 speed, 3" lift with 31's
- 1989 YJ 4.2 5 speed, with 7" lift and 33's
StinkyMud is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2010, 12:01 AM   #180
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW burbs IL
Posts: 1,075
Somewhat newer on here from Barrington,IL 40min northwest of the city
97 TJ 2.5L 5speed




97flexy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What about Illinois Redrubicon2004 MidWest Regional Forum 3 10-03-2012 06:59 PM
For Sale...Senate Seat in Illinois Dare2BSquare Off-Topic 11 12-11-2008 06:58 PM
REAR YJ Superlift 3.5 SPRINGS (Illinois) HkdOnJP Classifieds Archive 1 05-05-2008 11:37 PM
Illinois Offroaders! HkdOnJP On The Trail 0 08-27-2007 05:15 PM
Illinois off roadin PICS*** HkdOnJP On The Trail 21 08-21-2007 04:00 PM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC