Originally Posted by howy
Finaly bought myself a JK 2.8CRD after thinking about it for some time and I am made up with it.
Its a 2007 black with hard and soft top and 55000 miles on the clock.
I have some questions regarding this vehicle.
1. Where is the best place to buy diesel and oil filters (as I have been quoted astronomical prices, surely this engine is the same as the other 2.8crd fitted to the Cherokee????????)
2. What recommendations does anyone have on the best oil to use.
3. What price and where can you get exhausts for this vehicle
4. Is the cambelt/waterpump and tensioner the same as the other 2.8crd Cherokee engines?
5. Are there any UK forums that specialise in the 4 door JK as they seem to be a rarity here in the UK.
Sorry for the questions guys but I like to know about the repair side of my cars and how much I am going to get skinned on regular maintenace and consumables because the price of diesel and road tax in the UK makes me try and get the best deal possible.
Regards the oil, you want 0W-40 Turbo Diesel fully synthetic grade oil such as Mobil 1. Watch out for the Halfords deals as they often do 50% off so I buy in bulk when the offers are on.
I get my filters from a UK dealer whom sells through Ebay. Not sure if they are the cheapest available but I'm not sure where else to get genuine OEM filters. (Mine still has warranty so service using Genuine Parts even though I do the servicing myself). Besides, I don't believe in cheap filters made in China.
I don't know of any UK specific forums for the JK Wrangler, hence why I frequently visit here. These guys are a good bunch to hang out with and you can really rub the salt in the wound about being lucky enough to own a desireable diesel.
There is a Jeep Club in the UK that organises off roading events but I'm not yet a member as the events tend to be all up North.
Not sure about exhausts, and not sure if the centre pipe and rear backbox is the same as a petrol engine exhaust.
Enjoy your Jeep mate, I love mine.
Originally Posted by IRCKevin
Our indicators aren't lit when side lights switched on and only flash on/off when indicating.
My side indicators illuminate when the side lights are on and flash when indicating.