Military Guys - Post your rig and specs!!! - Page 5 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Pictures Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-23-2008, 07:57 PM   #121
That WF guy.

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
distortedtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: yep right there.
Posts: 21,453
Send a message via Yahoo to distortedtj
nice rig again bud...take some pics of the suspension and we can probally tell you what it has if you dont know

distortedtj is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #122
Jeeper
 
kEat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 428
Dad just brought home a new Jeep yesterday for the little brother. My dad is Air Force too, not sure of his exact AFSC though, but I know hes in Airfield Management. Workin' on his retirement. He's at 17 years right now, and an E-7.

Mines on the right, my dads in the middle, and my brothers on the left.

__________________
2011 Detonator Yellow JK | RK 2.5" Max Travel | 15" MB TKO | 33" Falken Rocky Mountain | 4.56 | Truetrac Rear LSD | Teraflex HD Tire Carrier | AIRAID Intake | Magnaflow Exhaust | ACE Midwidth Front Bumper | ACE Rear Bumper | ACE Rock Sliders | Polk DXi650s | Polk db1001 | JL Audio Stealthbox | JL Audio JX500 | JVC KWR800BT
kEat is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:45 AM   #123
That WF guy.

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
distortedtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: yep right there.
Posts: 21,453
Send a message via Yahoo to distortedtj
Quote:
Originally Posted by kEat View Post
Dad just brought home a new Jeep yesterday for the little brother. My dad is Air Force too, not sure of his exact AFSC though, but I know hes in Airfield Management. Workin' on his retirement. He's at 17 years right now, and an E-7.

Mines on the right, my dads in the middle, and my brothers on the left.
SWEET
distortedtj is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:55 AM   #124
Jeeper
 
wallybloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Aneglo
Posts: 123
I bought this new while I was still in the Air Force. Paid it off and lifted it while I was working (for 25 months) in Afghanistan as a contractor supporting the Army.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03293.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	4558   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03292.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	4559  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03085.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	4560   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03082.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	4561  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1631.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	4562  
__________________
wallybloke is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #125
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FT. Knox
Posts: 18
Just getting started. So far 3'' FT Lift and 32'' BFG MT's and some lights, I also canned the front disco that came with the kit and installed Pro Comps new disco. All in all pretty happy, next is winch and armor and some spidertrax spacers.

Just Empty Every Pocket.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01265.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	4604  
recon4christ is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #126
I HAVE A BELLYBUTTON!

WF Supporting Member
 
cavediverjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On the grassy knoll...
Posts: 7,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallybloke View Post
I bought this new while I was still in the Air Force. Paid it off and lifted it while I was working (for 25 months) in Afghanistan as a contractor supporting the Army.

My sniper team would re-supply at Salerno from time to time. I hated that place. People walking around not knowing there was a war going on all around them. But the Green Bean was nice!!!!!!!! So were the hot water showers. Luxury. But I wouldn't trade any of it for a shoot and scoot. That's where we made our money.
__________________
Americans sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do them harm...

Happiness is a Barrett M82A1 .50 caliber and a target at least a click out........

I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you with tears in my eyes, if you f**k with me, I'll kill you all.....
cavediverjc is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #127
Newb
 
Rubicon_06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North East, Maryland
Posts: 12

This is a picture of my dad and his Jeep in Korea in 1950-51.
Notice the bald right front tire!
Rubicon_06 is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #128
Extremely Humble

WF Lifetime Member
 
Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Midland Texas
Posts: 11,549
Images: 12
That's a really cool picture!
__________________

|
|

03 Rubicon | 36" Iroks | Chromo D44's w/Rear Spool | 5.5" RK LA | 5.13s | Armored Head to Toe
Scout is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:35 PM   #129
Jeeper
 
soundline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Selah, WA
Posts: 126
So can Ex-Mil jump in on this too? I worked under a lot of different AFSC's while I was in. If you volunteer for open slots they will train you OJT without sending you back to tech school as long as you're in the slot for less than 12 months total. So I started off as a 2E633 Telephone Systems Apprentice programming a telephone switch. Then I spend 6 months attached to 3P031 Security forces after which I volunteered for a manpower slot 8M000 to work in AEF Silver from Oct 03-Apr 04 where I was bounced around working with the Army and Marines in different places wherever they needed a hand that knew how to handle a weapon.
Durning that time I was assigned as comm support during everyone's favorite mission Operation Red Dawn on 13 Dec 2003. So I was able to hear the live action as they were brining Saddam outta his little hole. Wish I could have had eyes on for that one, but ears on was pretty cool.

Then I came back to being a 2E653 for the next four years until I was selected to go to Tactical Air Command and Control (tacp) 1C431 school by then CMSAF Gerald Murray. I was to complete the school as a staff sgt and then report back to the pentagon as an AF leasion to the joint chiefs letting them know from an Air Force perspective what was going on. This would have been a sweet deal but a serious injury (which caused old line of duty injuries to get worse) occured during a training mission that ended my AF career.

So now I work construction... But I'm on Ft Lewis a LOT and I spend as much time as possible on McChord AFB.

Now, for the jeep. I'm rocking an 04 Wrangler that looks like this:

__________________
OIF Veteran and VFW Member
92 YJ
09 3500 Dually
soundline is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #130
Jeeper
 
charliefoxtrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vermont/Mass
Posts: 124
Send a message via AIM to charliefoxtrot
here is mine, still a work in progress




__________________
2003 TJ Sport 4.0 L
Rough Country 4" Suspension lift.
33x12.5 Trxus M/T's
Ininiti/ Kenwood Sound system w/ 900 W amp.
Airaid Cold Air Intake
RRC Front Grille Guard
KC Fogs
charliefoxtrot is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:07 PM   #131
That WF guy.

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
distortedtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: yep right there.
Posts: 21,453
Send a message via Yahoo to distortedtj
Just added to the collection......04 WJ special edition. And yes mods WILL come.



distortedtj is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:12 AM   #132
Jeeper
 
jeeps&comics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 925
Send a message via AIM to jeeps&comics
hey guys, can't post a pic right now, but I think my Jeep is somewhere on the forum... anywho, i'll post some later, just wanted to say I recently joined the AFROTC at my college (Rutgers U.), and will be graduating next year and going hopefully into the AFSC 33SX, Info and Comm. Will post jeep and specs later....
__________________
1994 Jeep YJ SE
6 cyl. 4.0 HO
jeeps&comics is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #133
Deployed supporting OEF

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Coyote_94YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Deployed supporting OEF
Posts: 20,890
Send a message via ICQ to Coyote_94YJ Send a message via Yahoo to Coyote_94YJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGotAJeep! View Post
hey guys, can't post a pic right now, but I think my Jeep is somewhere on the forum... anywho, i'll post some later, just wanted to say I recently joined the AFROTC at my college (Rutgers U.), and will be graduating next year and going hopefully into the AFSC 33SX, Info and Comm. Will post jeep and specs later....

Sweet!!! Good move man. Best of luck. WHEN you get in you need to put in for ALL the bases in UK.
Coyote_94YJ is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #134
Really?

WF Lifetime Member
 
ccain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,453
Images: 9
Here we go... New pic of the Sarge:

ccain is offline   Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:24 AM   #135
Jeeper
 
soundline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Selah, WA
Posts: 126
Damn that thing is cool!

Oh and Justgotajeep if you have any questions about comm officers let me know, I worked for them in comm for six years seperating in Feb and I deal with them at my new job daily.
__________________
OIF Veteran and VFW Member
92 YJ
09 3500 Dually
soundline is offline   Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:59 PM   #136
Jeeper
 
nvr-enough's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 1,223
damn cain, looking nice
nvr-enough is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #137
Jeeper
 
Tazman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: in the garage under the jeep with all new acme rockets, stupid roadrunner
Posts: 221
sorry im alittle late but here is mine waiting to get worked on[ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 5116[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
__________________

97
4 banger costum buid project
Tazman2 is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:06 AM   #138
That WF guy.

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
distortedtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: yep right there.
Posts: 21,453
Send a message via Yahoo to distortedtj
Been a while since I put a pic of my heep in here with the different toys on it.

Last pic ya'll seen of it in here....



Most recent pic's of it....




distortedtj is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #139
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
Ok, I am bored and was checking some prices on larger tires when I came across this site. Here are some pics of my jeep when we lived in Virginia a few months back.

After the winch, front tube fenders and hood vent were installed.



Have to get a shot of the hood vent.



Gotta show the sweet work on the welds thanks for to the folks at MVC.



-----------

Here is what I have so far. I have yet to put the gas tank skid on, I will wait to meet another jeeper in the fort Hood area that may be able to give me a hand with that install.

1 inch Body Lift
1.25 inch Motor Mount Lift
4.5 in Rubicon Express
TerraFlex SYE
Currie Currectlync Steering System
Heavy Duty rear Drive shaft
Mickey Thompson 33x12.50 (moving up to 35 soon)
Mickey Thompson Classic Alloy 15x10
Bushwacker 6 inch Fender Flares
Warrior Rear Corner Guards
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper / Stinger / Winch Plate
Ground Pounder Fab Rear Bumper / Swing Out Tire Carrier
Rockhard 4x4 Rock Rails
Rockhard 4x4 full Sport Cage w/ floor and frame tie-ins
Skid Row Steering Box Skid Plate
Skid Row Radiator Skid Plate
4x Doctor Dif Guards front and rear
Jeep Medic Engine Skid
Jeep Medic LCA
Jeep Medic Belly Up
Kilby Gas Tank Skid (sitting in my shed because I am too lazy to put it on)
IPF4 Headlights and Fatboy Bulbs
Olympic Light Bar with 4 Wally World Baja Lights
ARB Safari Snorkel
Herculined Tub
M-PAC Springtail TJ Combo
Smittybilt GEAR Rear Seat Cover
AtoZ Fabrication Hood Vent
Raingler Netting, OD Green, MILSPEC.
Bulldog 9,500 Winch
Mountain Valley Customs Tube Fenders

I think that is all...
miljeep is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:46 PM   #140
That WF guy.

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
distortedtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: yep right there.
Posts: 21,453
Send a message via Yahoo to distortedtj
Hey I know you.
distortedtj is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #141
Jeeper
 
bigshasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 42
3.5 rubi long arm kit
and 32" bald tires but new one soon to come
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	5438   Click image for larger version

Name:	After.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	5439  

bigshasta is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #142
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedtj View Post
Hey I know you.

Hey man. I figured I would post up since you can never have too many friends in the jeeping world.
miljeep is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #143
Deployed supporting OEF

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Coyote_94YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Deployed supporting OEF
Posts: 20,890
Send a message via ICQ to Coyote_94YJ Send a message via Yahoo to Coyote_94YJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by miljeep View Post
Ok, I am bored and was checking some prices on larger tires when I came across this site. Here are some pics of my jeep when we lived in Virginia a few months back.

After the winch, front tube fenders and hood vent were installed.



Have to get a shot of the hood vent.



Gotta show the sweet work on the welds thanks for to the folks at MVC.



-----------

Here is what I have so far. I have yet to put the gas tank skid on, I will wait to meet another jeeper in the fort Hood area that may be able to give me a hand with that install.

1 inch Body Lift
1.25 inch Motor Mount Lift
4.5 in Rubicon Express
TerraFlex SYE
Currie Currectlync Steering System
Heavy Duty rear Drive shaft
Mickey Thompson 33x12.50 (moving up to 35 soon)
Mickey Thompson Classic Alloy 15x10
Bushwacker 6 inch Fender Flares
Warrior Rear Corner Guards
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper / Stinger / Winch Plate
Ground Pounder Fab Rear Bumper / Swing Out Tire Carrier
Rockhard 4x4 Rock Rails
Rockhard 4x4 full Sport Cage w/ floor and frame tie-ins
Skid Row Steering Box Skid Plate
Skid Row Radiator Skid Plate
4x Doctor Dif Guards front and rear
Jeep Medic Engine Skid
Jeep Medic LCA
Jeep Medic Belly Up
Kilby Gas Tank Skid (sitting in my shed because I am too lazy to put it on)
IPF4 Headlights and Fatboy Bulbs
Olympic Light Bar with 4 Wally World Baja Lights
ARB Safari Snorkel
Herculined Tub
M-PAC Springtail TJ Combo
Smittybilt GEAR Rear Seat Cover
AtoZ Fabrication Hood Vent
Raingler Netting, OD Green, MILSPEC.
Bulldog 9,500 Winch
Mountain Valley Customs Tube Fenders

I think that is all...
Love that hood vent. Welcome to the forum.
Coyote_94YJ is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #144
That WF guy.

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
distortedtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: yep right there.
Posts: 21,453
Send a message via Yahoo to distortedtj
Quote:
Originally Posted by miljeep View Post
Hey man. I figured I would post up since you can never have too many friends in the jeeping world.
Amen and welcome brother.
distortedtj is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #145
Jeeper
 
agentw0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 27
US Army Veteran 10th Mountain Div.
Current Federal Law Enforcement.

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Silver/ Black Hard Top/Soft Top

Mods On The Way.

Pics to follow

Just wantefd to say hello to all my Veteran Brothers on here
__________________

"NRA LIFE MEMBER"
agentw0 is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #146
Jeeper
 
agentw0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallybloke View Post
I bought this new while I was still in the Air Force. Paid it off and lifted it while I was working (for 25 months) in Afghanistan as a contractor supporting the Army.
Good Ole Salerno......

I spent a lot of time at Skhin
__________________

"NRA LIFE MEMBER"
agentw0 is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #147
Jeeper
 
agentw0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundline View Post
So can Ex-Mil jump in on this too? I worked under a lot of different AFSC's while I was in. If you volunteer for open slots they will train you OJT without sending you back to tech school as long as you're in the slot for less than 12 months total. So I started off as a 2E633 Telephone Systems Apprentice programming a telephone switch. Then I spend 6 months attached to 3P031 Security forces after which I volunteered for a manpower slot 8M000 to work in AEF Silver from Oct 03-Apr 04 where I was bounced around working with the Army and Marines in different places wherever they needed a hand that knew how to handle a weapon.
Durning that time I was assigned as comm support during everyone's favorite mission Operation Red Dawn on 13 Dec 2003. So I was able to hear the live action as they were brining Saddam outta his little hole. Wish I could have had eyes on for that one, but ears on was pretty cool.

Then I came back to being a 2E653 for the next four years until I was selected to go to Tactical Air Command and Control (tacp) 1C431 school by then CMSAF Gerald Murray. I was to complete the school as a staff sgt and then report back to the pentagon as an AF leasion to the joint chiefs letting them know from an Air Force perspective what was going on. This would have been a sweet deal but a serious injury (which caused old line of duty injuries to get worse) occured during a training mission that ended my AF career.

So now I work construction... But I'm on Ft Lewis a LOT and I spend as much time as possible on McChord AFB.

Now, for the jeep. I'm rocking an 04 Wrangler that looks like this:

What kind of tires you got on that? I like the look of them and the tread pattern
__________________

"NRA LIFE MEMBER"
agentw0 is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #148
That WF guy.

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
distortedtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: yep right there.
Posts: 21,453
Send a message via Yahoo to distortedtj
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentw0 View Post
US Army Veteran 10th Mountain Div.
Current Federal Law Enforcement.

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Silver/ Black Hard Top/Soft Top

Mods On The Way.

Pics to follow

Just wantefd to say hello to all my Veteran Brothers on here
Welcome. Feel free to post picture at anytime.
distortedtj is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:20 PM   #149
I HAVE A BELLYBUTTON!

WF Supporting Member
 
cavediverjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On the grassy knoll...
Posts: 7,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman2 View Post
sorry im alittle late but here is mine waiting to get worked on[ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 5116[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Ah, you're from Fort Irwin.....the Devil's armpit. What's your MOS? Are you with 11th ACR? Bet you're loving Barstow........
__________________
Americans sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do them harm...

Happiness is a Barrett M82A1 .50 caliber and a target at least a click out........

I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you with tears in my eyes, if you f**k with me, I'll kill you all.....
cavediverjc is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #150
I HAVE A BELLYBUTTON!

WF Supporting Member
 
cavediverjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On the grassy knoll...
Posts: 7,150
Here's another pic of mine I found. It's outside my temporary barracks......


__________________
Americans sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do them harm...

Happiness is a Barrett M82A1 .50 caliber and a target at least a click out........

I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you with tears in my eyes, if you f**k with me, I'll kill you all.....
cavediverjc is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC