Moving on we took out the interior next. The rear and passenger seats came out easily enough but of course RUST! It will be the death of us! One of the bolts refused to budge. Tried break free, using a hammer to break the rust off but wouldnt move. Eventually I got frustrated and took a grinder to the bolt and got it off, however we will need a new seat frame
but at last we got everything out!
and got the first good look of the biggest problem
since we dont have a replacement floor pan yet that will have to wait.
We finished off the day by removing the rear bumper, tire carrier, and putting in a new exhaust. The bumper if course was rusted and had to be takin off with a sawzall and grinder but wasnt too bad
the we had to fight the exhaust a little but went in fairly easy. We installed a dynomax muffler and a new tailpipe. luckily the cat was still good and was able to save a few bucks. We used a 2 1/4 inch piple for the tailpipe
my buddy working on the muffler
and the muffler