Finally got around to working on the jeep.
First thing I wanted to do was swap out my 4" Zone springs for my new OME springs. The main thing I wanted see is if there was going to be any rake I would need to address by frenching the rear upper mount more into the frame lowering the a$$ end instead of using spacers in the front.
Took a few pre-swap measurements:
From the ground to the rear of the frame 22 1/8"
ground to middle frame in front of rear tire 19 1/2"
ground to middle frame behind front tire 19 1/2"
Ground to steering box skid 20 3/8"
Overall the Jeep stands pretty level
New front spring on the left (went with the OME 930s):
Front done progress shot
Rear springs (Went with OME 949 for the rear)
New measurements post-swap:
From the ground to the rear of the frame was 22 1/8" now 21 1/2"
ground to middle frame in front of rear tire was 19 1/2" now 18 5/8"
ground to middle frame behind front tire was 19 1/2" now 18 3/8"
Ground to steering box skid was 20 3/8" now 18 3/8"
The rear didnt drop much being as though the 949s are a stiff spring but Im sure it will settle in just a bit more. Front dropped 2" and now there is a little of a forward rake so Ill make sure to raise the rear upper mount just a bit when I stretch.
After the springs I decided to tackle the evap
The hose with the white connector at the end is where it plugs into the hose coming from the gas tank. First thing I did was detach both hoses at the top of the next pic and removed the large charcoal canister completely. Then removed the hose on the upper left that came from the canister back into the evap completely and took the upper right hose end and moved it to the evap so it bypasses it completely.
Hard to describe but easy to figure out.
Then I removed it from the mounting bracket completely to figure out how I wanted to mount it.
Ill make a bracket to mount like so and remove the shelf that held the canister. Started the jeep up and let it run for 10 minutes and no codes so far.
Next project is the Genright tank install