TJ build for every day drivers - Page 3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > Builders Corner

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #61
Jeeper
 
justin89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 249
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kg22 View Post
Ok cool I'll look into that...I bet the ride is much nicer than these damn coil spacers!
lol it is and off road it is awesome feeling I had the spacer like you did before I got my lift and the lift made a huge difference being able to flex it out and not bottoming out.

__________________
2006 2.4l TJ 4" RC X-Series Trail Gear front bumper 33x12.5x15 on ICW Steel Wheels
justin89 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #62
Jeeper
 
Kg22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin89 View Post
lol it is and off road it is awesome feeling I had the spacer like you did before I got my lift and the lift made a huge difference being able to flex it out and not bottoming out.
I can't wait but damn is it expensive or what!?

Kg22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #63
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Danbury,CT, and Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Posts: 24
You have a nice jeep here! I was wondering, did you do anything before you put on the 33's? I have a 2" suspension lift on mine and I don't know if I should go with 31's or 33's since I can't afford to do a lot on it
pointblank is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #64
Jeeper
 
Kg22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointblank View Post
You have a nice jeep here! I was wondering, did you do anything before you put on the 33's? I have a 2" suspension lift on mine and I don't know if I should go with 31's or 33's since I can't afford to do a lot on it
Thanks man! I put a 2" coil spacer lift so with what u have 33s should fit fine. You will be much happier with 33s than 31s.
Kg22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #65
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Danbury,CT, and Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kg22 View Post

Thanks man! I put a 2" coil spacer lift so with what u have 33s should fit fine. You will be much happier with 33s than 31s.
Alright, thanks! I'm pretty new to the whole jeep scene and there's so much to learn!
pointblank is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #66
Jeeper
 
adamfitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kg22 View Post
Thanks man! I put a 2" coil spacer lift so with what u have 33s should fit fine. You will be much happier with 33s than 31s.
Meh I have 31s. I recommend 31s if you're trying to trail without killing fenders. Plus no rubbing at full lock or loss of power really
adamfitz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #67
Jeeper
 
Nashorn101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kg22 View Post
what do you plan doing next to your jeep? looks like were on the same level
Very short on money. I Just applied to Texas A&M too as well so I can't do a lot but recently I just bought new beam wipers (Work hella better than traditional wipers) and new hard top lift gate shocks - sooo nice to open my hard top now!
(those are tiny but nice upgrades)

Next would be a .75" front leveling kit and make sure my bump stops are the correct length to flex.

Then would be get new fender flares or paint my old ones.

...Have a million other things next to get though haha.
__________________
Shale Green Metallic, 2002 Jeep TJ X, 4.0L I6, 5-speed
.________
/l_|,
[____],
l--|--L--OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o--)_)
Nashorn101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #68
Jeeper
 
Kg22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointblank View Post
Alright, thanks! I'm pretty new to the whole jeep scene and there's so much to learn!
Yeah adamfitz has a point so it really depends what you're going to do with ur jeep. He's talking about full flex off-roading (rocks and shit) and with only a 2" lift. Or if u don't plan on off-roading much maybe a 31" tire will be nicer for the road but 33s perform much better off-road for what I do, plus u can build ur jeep bigger if u go ahead and get 33s...otherwise 31s would look tiny. Get what I am saying? There are many factors that can determine what tire u need. What do u plan to do with your jeep? then I can help u decide.
Kg22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #69
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Danbury,CT, and Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kg22 View Post

Yeah adamfitz has a point so it really depends what you're going to do with ur jeep. He's talking about full flex off-roading (rocks and shit) and with only a 2" lift. Or if u don't plan on off-roading much maybe a 31" tire will be nicer for the road but 33s perform much better off-road for what I do, plus u can build ur jeep bigger if u go ahead and get 33s...otherwise 31s would look tiny. Get what I am saying? There are many factors that can determine what tire u need. What do u plan to do with your jeep? then I can help u decide.
Basically I plan on having it 95% on-road since its my dd, though I would love to off-road it when I can find some trails. I like the look of the 33s, but I don't know if I can afford all of the stuff you have to do with them (tc drop, mml, etc)
pointblank is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #70
Jeeper
 
Kg22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointblank View Post
Basically I plan on having it 95% on-road since its my dd, though I would love to off-road it when I can find some trails. I like the look of the 33s, but I don't know if I can afford all of the stuff you have to do with them (tc drop, mml, etc)
U can get by without having to do any of that stuff with 33s... I haven't done any of that and it's fine. I do plan to do sye and re gearing and suspension/long arms but it isn't a necessity right now. But I do plan to upgrade so I can go to rocky off-road parks without breaking something easily. Also want some 35s and it IS a necessity then. Some 33 all terrains could do u well but it's all what YOU want I am no expert either I just read a lot here in the forums.
Kg22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #71
Jeeper
 
Kg22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashorn101 View Post
Very short on money. I Just applied to Texas A&M too as well so I can't do a lot but recently I just bought new beam wipers (Work hella better than traditional wipers) and new hard top lift gate shocks - sooo nice to open my hard top now! (those are tiny but nice upgrades) Next would be a .75" front leveling kit and make sure my bump stops are the correct length to flex. Then would be get new fender flares or paint my old ones. ...Have a million other things next to get though haha.
Sounds good dude!! One day I'd like a hard top as well for the winter...I used black trim paint on my stock fenders when I had them and it looked nice.
Kg22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #72
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Danbury,CT, and Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kg22 View Post

U can get by without having to do any of that stuff with 33s... I haven't done any of that and it's fine. I do plan to do sye and re gearing and suspension/long arms but it isn't a necessity right now. But I do plan to upgrade so I can go to rocky off-road parks without breaking something easily. Also want some 35s and it IS a necessity then. Some 33 all terrains could do u well but it's all what YOU want I am no expert either I just read a lot here in the forums.
Haha that's exactly what I've been doing! So you didn't have any problems like vibes? I'm looking at the Duratracs and there's not that big of a price difference between the 31s and 33s, so I'm thinking 33s. They look too bada** to pass on :P
pointblank is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #73
Jeeper
 
Kg22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointblank View Post
Haha that's exactly what I've been doing! So you didn't have any problems like vibes? I'm looking at the Duratracs and there's not that big of a price difference between the 31s and 33s, so I'm thinking 33s. They look too bada** to pass on :P
Vibrations? No only when I'm going fast on a turn and hit a bump. Duratracs are good tires if u get 33s you'll be happy no doubt about that. 31s are small u can look at my pictures in this thread and see the difference.
Kg22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #74
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Danbury,CT, and Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kg22 View Post

Vibrations? No only when I'm going fast on a turn and hit a bump. Duratracs are good tires if u get 33s you'll be happy no doubt about that. 31s are small u can look at my pictures in this thread and see the difference.
Yeah I saw that, and the 33s looked a lot better. Thanks for the help!
pointblank is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #75
Jeeper
 
justin89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 249
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kg22 View Post
I can't wait but damn is it expensive or what!?
It is I went with a rough country x-series 4" with short arm adj uppers n lowers front adj track bar and rear track bar relocation all with the lift kit. at their site offers an Advanced adapters SYE and Tom woods drive shaft (you need a longer drive shaft with the SYE double cardigan style) came out to 1600$ got it from my tax refund the Long arms was actually 100$ more but I was scared to cut off my control arm mounts and backed down from it. I Honestly didn't need the long arms kit it flexes just fine with out it unless your planning on going on some hard core trails you should be fine with out it but then again I always think you should go big or go home. And if you could afford it I would go with a BDS 4.25" lift
__________________
2006 2.4l TJ 4" RC X-Series Trail Gear front bumper 33x12.5x15 on ICW Steel Wheels
justin89 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #76
Jeeper
 
Kg22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin89 View Post
It is I went with a rough country x-series 4" with short arm adj uppers n lowers front adj track bar and rear track bar relocation all with the lift kit. at their site offers an Advanced adapters SYE and Tom woods drive shaft (you need a longer drive shaft with the SYE double cardigan style) came out to 1600$ got it from my tax refund the Long arms was actually 100$ more but I was scared to cut off my control arm mounts and backed down from it. I Honestly didn't need the long arms kit it flexes just fine with out it unless your planning on going on some hard core trails you should be fine with out it but then again I always think you should go big or go home. And if you could afford it I would go with a BDS 4.25" lift
Nice! Yeah that's right get the good stuff or it will be more $ in the long run.
Kg22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #77
Jeeper
 
justin89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 249
Images: 2
Exactly nothing worse than double soending
__________________
2006 2.4l TJ 4" RC X-Series Trail Gear front bumper 33x12.5x15 on ICW Steel Wheels
justin89 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #78
Jeeper
 
Kg22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin89 View Post
Exactly nothing worse than double soending
i don't see anything bud...
Kg22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #79
Jeeper
 
justin89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 249
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kg22 View Post
i don't see anything bud...
lol I meant spending*
__________________
2006 2.4l TJ 4" RC X-Series Trail Gear front bumper 33x12.5x15 on ICW Steel Wheels
justin89 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #80
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 18
Nice looking jeep.
sectmonster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #81
Jeeper
 
Kg22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by sectmonster View Post
Nice looking jeep.
Thanks bud! So I haven't had time to do anything else this break... please enjoy what I have done so far feel free to ask questions on how I performed these tasks, acknowledged difficulties, products or tools, etc.
Kg22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #82
Jeeper
 
justin89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 249
Images: 2
Hey little cool cheap mod if you wanna do it little 20 min install time is LED dash lights I just looked into it this afternoon thought I would throw some ideas your way just google TJ led dash lights
__________________
2006 2.4l TJ 4" RC X-Series Trail Gear front bumper 33x12.5x15 on ICW Steel Wheels
justin89 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #83
Jeeper
 
jimmyjames78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 31
Love your upgrades man!! looks awesome!
jimmyjames78 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #84
Jeeper
 
Kg22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjames78 View Post
Love your upgrades man!! looks awesome!
Thanks man!! I enjoy my work. Oh yeah the LED dash lights seems cool...what color shows the best? I think I'd like cool blue
Kg22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #85
Jeeper
 
justin89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 249
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kg22 View Post
Thanks man!! I enjoy my work. Oh yeah the LED dash lights seems cool...what color shows the best? I think I'd like cool blue
The Blue shows up pretty well but Blue Red White and Green are what I have seen from forums and those all show up very well superbrightleds.com you need #74 and NEOx 4mm don't get the 4mm Xhd the 74 is your dash lights you need 5 and the NEO is for HVAC you need 3 I actually priced mine out today goin to get them next pay check came to 21$
__________________
2006 2.4l TJ 4" RC X-Series Trail Gear front bumper 33x12.5x15 on ICW Steel Wheels
justin89 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #86
Jeeper
 
Kg22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 169
This upgrade is small but to me gives a very large look and feel. New plate -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2604477504.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	558234  
Kg22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #87
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1
Is there a huge difference that is worth the 100 dollars extra for the 3" inch flare added to the tube fenders
seahawk33 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #88
Jeeper
 
Kg22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawk33 View Post
Is there a huge difference that is worth the 100 dollars extra for the 3" inch flare added to the tube fenders
Personally I like the fender flares to keep down a little more spray and also like the look. I haven't seen the front flat fenders up close in person. It's up to you for the front tube fender and for the back it's optional because they sell separately. The rear tube simply bolts into the rear corner guards (if u did get them).
Kg22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-18-2014, 11:44 PM   #89
Newb
 
Gault23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Urbana, IL
Posts: 4
Man your TJ is looking great! I'm thinking about going with the smittybilt src's and was wondering what you thought of them? Got tubulars on right now but think original owner bought crappy bc they're rusting out
Gault23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #90
Jeeper
 
Kg22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gault23 View Post
Man your TJ is looking great! I'm thinking about going with the smittybilt src's and was wondering what you thought of them? Got tubulars on right now but think original owner bought crappy bc they're rusting out
Thanks man! Sorry for the late reply I work offshore... The smittybilt src bumpers are great in my opinion. I don't have anything to compare them to but I do know they're tough with a nice look. Rust hasn't been a problem I've had them for almost 2 yrs now. Feel much safer with these steel tubes around the jeep. Gotta remember I don't live near rocks I live around sand and mud so can't tell ya how durable they are against rock.

Kg22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC