I was running into the same problem so I took the pump end of the (2002)Chevy hose and the (1997) Jeep hose end from the steering box ( just because it made for a cleaner installation, not because of threads/mechanical issues) and a measurement for overall hose length down to a local hydraulics place and the guy built me one while I stood there. Charged me $26.00 which was cheaper than either OEM hose.
I am new to the forum and have been following both your and George C's build threads, George has been a lot of help with my TJ/LM7 swap. I'd like to ask what your doing for an air cleaner with your swap? I have seen a couple of threads mentioning a GM (Buick?) air box, but now that I am ready for the air cleaner, of course, I can't find those threads.?
Since you kinked your new hose, I'd cut it up and use the pieces to make a mock up of the hose you need, and bring that to a hydraulic hose shop. That's what I did, and I ended up with a high pressure hose that fit perfectly.
Here is what I have for clearance, you can see the return line goes on the outside lower part of the pump and pressure side will go on inside lower of the pump. Steering shaft and frame are too tight to fit over near there.
I did like you said, cut the two hoses to make a mock up hose to take to a shop. I'm really pressed for clearance right now due to stock height, I may have to throw a cheapo 4" lift to get by until I can figure out how to make a long arm work.
1997 Jeep TJ -- 5.3L LM7 - NV3550 - More to come..
2001 Chevrolet Silverado -- 6.0L LQ4 - 4L80E
Mine runs tight along the inside of the frame under the steering linkage both hoses, H/P and return are stacked on top of each other and clear just fine.
looks like you will have to address the height issue for suspension travel but the way I ran the P/S hoses wouldn't affect or be affected by ride height.
If the bottom don't fall out of the sky all day tomorrow I will take my crappy phone/camera outside and try to get a couple of at least decent pic's.
I wanted to do away with any loops or bends hanging down or sticking out waiting to grab a twig and rip loose so I swiveled the ends as close to the box/pump as possible and left just enough slack to allow for engine torquing.