Happy to say that I'm back in a Wrangler after a brief hiatus. Don't worry...I stayed in the Jeep family with a '12 Grand Cherokee but had to let go of my '10 JK Sahara Unlimited given all the highway driving I do.
Now to the Wrangler...I just picked up a '05 Rubicon that I have been eyeing for a bit. It'll be a "fun" vehicle since my Cherokee is for work. She's stock except for front and rear bumpers and rock sliders. However, I have some plans in mind and would appreciate any feedback or recommendations.
- rhino lining. Anyone done this? Tips? Suggestions?
- seat covers
- removing rear seat
- audio. Need to replace head unit and may replace stock speakers. suggestions?
- lights. Looking to do windshield mounts
- doors. Looking at tube doors for the summer
- intake & exhaust. Had Banks for both on my JK. suggestions?.
Last question is about towing. I have a Nitro Z-7 bassboat (19ft) on a single axle trailer. It is stored about a mile from the ramp. I know it is a bit over the Jeep's towing capacity but given the proximity, low speed and shallow ramp I'm planning to use her as my tow vehicle. Anyone have experience with something similar?
Thanks in advance!