New to Jeeps - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Community Forums > WF New Member Check In

Join Wrangler Forum Today



Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-11-2017, 11:17 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Alixgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Tehachapi, CA
Posts: 59
Alixgirl is on a distinguished road
New to Jeeps

Just started 4x4ing. We bought a 17 Wrangler 4d Rubicon named Bettie! I've been doing my research and while she has great bones we want to get he a lift, bigger wheels and tires, better bumpers and a winch to start. She will be a daily driver for me so we don't want to excreted 3.5 lift or 35" on the tires beyond that I'm overwhelmed. There are so many choices, and I really don't know enough to make an educated decision, help! Another question, is it silly that I signed up for a 4 wheel drive training class by a certified I4WDTA Trainer? Local club people tell me it's a waste of money and they can teach me all that stuff, but I really benefited from motorcycle safety courses when I took them. I am already certified in wilderness safety from when I was in the Army.
Alixgirl is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
bianconero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 86
bianconero is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forum! We need pics!

You can get away with 33" with no lift. Or do a 2-2.5" and do 35s. There are many options really depends on what you want to do with your Jeep.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bianconero is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:42 PM   #3
Thank you veterans

5-Year WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Beastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Old Pubelo
Posts: 35,240
Beastmaster is on a distinguished road
Its always good to have knowledge and information before you start.

Welcome to the forum!

Click here for tips to help you use the forum

_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
__________________
_______________________
My build threads
__ Sarge ______ The Colonel
Beastmaster is online now   Quote
 
Old 01-11-2017, 12:52 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Dozer12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Illinois
Posts: 69
Dozer12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alixgirl View Post
Just started 4x4ing. We bought a 17 Wrangler 4d Rubicon named Bettie! I've been doing my research and while she has great bones we want to get he a lift, bigger wheels and tires, better bumpers and a winch to start. She will be a daily driver for me so we don't want to excreted 3.5 lift or 35" on the tires beyond that I'm overwhelmed. There are so many choices, and I really don't know enough to make an educated decision, help! Another question, is it silly that I signed up for a 4 wheel drive training class by a certified I4WDTA Trainer? Local club people tell me it's a waste of money and they can teach me all that stuff, but I really benefited from motorcycle safety courses when I took them. I am already certified in wilderness safety from when I was in the Army.

1. Thank You for Serving!
2. Welcome to the forum.
__________________
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
Psalm 40;2
Dozer12 is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Alixgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Tehachapi, CA
Posts: 59
Alixgirl is on a distinguished road
Pics

How and where do I post pics, lol!
Alixgirl is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #6
THE MIGHTY GRIZZLY!

5-Year WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Old Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: AZ. In the Ponderosa Pine Country, where the Bears are hungry..
Posts: 11,330
Old Dogger is on a distinguished road
to the Forum..
__________________
1974 CJ5, 2003 TJ, 2013 2 door Black Rubicon, auto, with 4.10 ratio.
Shaking at 40-60 MPH, Read this!!!

The Grizzly
is
not concerened with the needs of the Hunter....


Click here and become a WF supporting Member
Old Dogger is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
SuperTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Waleska GA
Posts: 4,379
SuperTJ is on a distinguished road
Welcome!
__________________
2014 JKU Sport Nitto AT, American Outlaw Wheels, Tailgate Table, Grabars, Grab handles, Trek Top, Grill Inserts, Barricade bumper with LEDs
SuperTJ is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:14 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
BlueJKU2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 794
BlueJKU2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alixgirl View Post
How and where do I post pics, lol!
It's easier to download tapatalk app and use their upload feature.

Welcome, no I'm sure if you ask, you will get the answers!
Congrats on a nice ride!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bianconero View Post
Welcome to the forum! We need pics!

You can get away with 33" with no lift. Or do a 2-2.5" and do 35s. There are many options really depends on what you want to do with your Jeep.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N920R6 using Tapatalk
BlueJKU2010 is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:42 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Alixgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Tehachapi, CA
Posts: 59
Alixgirl is on a distinguished road
Pics


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Alixgirl is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:43 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Alixgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Tehachapi, CA
Posts: 59
Alixgirl is on a distinguished road
New toy!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Alixgirl is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:47 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
BlueJKU2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 794
BlueJKU2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alixgirl View Post
New toy!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice looking toy!

Sent from my SM-N920R6 using Tapatalk
BlueJKU2010 is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:22 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
bianconero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 86
bianconero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alixgirl View Post
New toy!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gecko. This is the color that made me fall in love with jeeps.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
bianconero is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:32 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
MrSig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Davie, Fl
Posts: 27,779
MrSig is on a distinguished road
and enjoy the forum!
__________________
07 JKU to see my mods or Jeep in action go to http://www.aaof.us/jeep.htm
CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s org,
Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
MrSig is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:59 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
Alixgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Tehachapi, CA
Posts: 59
Alixgirl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bianconero View Post
Gecko. This is the color that made me fall in love with jeeps.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk


They call it Hyper green now, lol! I think I like gecko better!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alixgirl is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC
« Back

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner