Just got my first Jeep! I always wanted one but never had the balls/money to do it. My first SUV was an '01 Xterra then an '06 Ford Escape. Both served me well, but neither was as stylish or capable as the Jeep.
I got an '09 Jeep Wrangler X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, 17" alloys. A great deal and a great experience buying at Dimmitt Cadillac in St. Pete. $19.5K and less than 22K miles. I love it! I loaded a few pics from the ad to profile, but I'm a low tech kind of guy.
Not a major offroader, but have gone mudding before and occasionally camp and go shooting out in the boonies. I hope to do more of it now that I have the Jeep.
Do already have plans to do a few mods, mostly aesthetic in nature. In order of priority:
1) Want black on black Jeep spare cover.
2) Want to plasti dip the wheels black and possibly plastidip the Jeep Front Logo black as well.
3) Want to get the interior insulated or possibly lined with carpet insulation at a local auto upholstery place. I think all the aftermarket insulation looks kind of cheapo, as does the white plastic of the hardtop interior.
4) Want to armor front and rear tail lights and add the Rugged Ridge mesh grill inserts behind the grill
5) Eventually new tires, BFG All Terrains probably 32" possibly 33" with a one inch shackle or coil lift of some kind. Still learning about that.
6) Probably get this 4WD indicator light. I've been lurking a few days and already learned about the switch on the transfer case; confirmed the indicator light itself works.
6) Add a .50 Cal to the Speaker Bar.
Just seeing if everyone's paying attention.
Anyway love the Jeep so far, and it's quieter and smoother on highway than expected and a hell of a lot more popular with girls than I quite realized! I'm 36 and single, so it's all good.