I'm new to this Jeep forum & possibly will be a Jeep owner soon. But before that I would like your opinions on the 2005 Jeep Wrangler 2D LWB Unlimited I might be purchasing from another owner in a couple of days. I will be using this as a daily driver from home to work (less than 2 miles) so I'm not too worried about mpg. I don't know much about Jeep, except they seem to last forever if you maintain it & they look good.
Here are my concerns & questions:
1. Jeep has clear carfax & no signs off roading (1 Adult owner - about mid 40s)
2. Jeep spec say 17-22mpg, but I'm hearing 14mpg (if that) - is this correct?
3. I never bought a used car so I'm a little conscious with the 93,000 miles on the Jeep already - Will the engine & transmission last much longer?
4. This Jeep is going for $12,900 - is this too high? I would say this Jeep is in good/fair condition & per Kelley Bluebook third party value = $10,500 - is this too low to ask?
5. Jeep has small band of rust spots below the passenger door
6. What else should I be concern about?
7. What are some pros & cons about this 2005 Jeep Wrangler LWB Unlimited?
Thanks in advance,