Off road Jeep mirrors by Defiant Systems! - Page 9 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Special Deals for Members > Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #241
Jeeper
 
Defiant Systems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 319
Prepping for some powder coating!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3378832348.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	160681  
__________________
ORDER HERE
Defiant Systems is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #242
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Big Island Hawaii
Posts: 8
Ok Thanks for the reply Just ordered a Lange mirror and hope it does the jop thanks And Awesome Product you have.Aloha Ron
Hawaiian Wrangler is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #243
Jeeper
 
robskully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 798
Even tho it most likely will not get warm enough until
next Summer to run without my doors. I still want these
because they look GREAT and I even have a couple of
sets of Harley mirrors ( from our bikes that we have
replaced with other types ) that I could have used !
pm sent for a set of black powder coated for a 2013 JKU
Rob ....
__________________
2001 Dodge B2500 4x4 Silver Quad Cab
2005 Chev 1500 4x4 White Avalanche Z71
2013 Jeep Unlimited White Sahara Wrangler
Auto Tranny, Max Tow, Dual Top & Anti Spin Differential
robskully is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #244
Jeeper
 
BajaGadget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 29
Defiant, I've been on travel. Where do I stand on my blacked-out set? ;-)
Pics I saw a day or two back looked real good!!
Mike
Aka BajaGadget
__________________
2011 White JK Sahara
2000 Black TJ Sport
BajaGadget is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #245
Jeeper
 
homebrwd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 1,085
Love mine, may snag a passenger side one for next summer. Luckily we got some nice days (although the drive into work is chilly) so I could test it out. Great product!
homebrwd is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #246
Jeeper
 
homebrwd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrwd View Post
Love mine, may snag a passenger side one for next summer. Luckily we got some nice days (although the drive into work is chilly) so I could test it out. Great product!


homebrwd is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #247
Jeeper
 
BajaGadget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 29
Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGadget View Post
Defiant, I've been on travel. Where do I stand on my blacked-out set? ;-)
Pics I saw a day or two back looked real good!!
Mike
Aka BajaGadget
they were waiting on me when I got home. Can't wait to try them on!
They look awesome, especially with the new hardware mod.

Thanks!!!
__________________
2011 White JK Sahara
2000 Black TJ Sport
BajaGadget is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #248
Jeeper
 
OrthoDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 119
I have had one issue with these mirrors, and I suppose it would probably occur with any hinge mount mirrors. I've had these for a month or so now.

I put my mirrors on the day I got them as I already had the doors off. They went on no problem, but as I took them off a few days later, the lip on the lock washer scraped off the pain on the bottom side of my hinge. It even cracked the visible part of the paint up a little higher. On the front of the hinge. The mirrors have been off and on a few times now, and each time, it's gotten a little worse. I tried to find some rubber plumbing gaskets to put between to no avail. Figured I'd just invest in some touch up paint before I put the doors on for the winter...

Anyone else had this issue? Is there a washer that I missed out on that didn't ship with mine? Suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3875808242.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	162571  
__________________
2015 JKUR Anvil -- Auto, 4.10, Hardtop, Connectivity, Alpine
Ordered 4/3/15
Built 4/27/15
Picked up 5/16/15
2012 JK Sport 6-speed SOLD
OrthoDoc is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #249
Jeeper
 
ibrown3005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: eastern Connecticut
Posts: 134
I have the same issue. Hadn't thought of a plumbing washer.
__________________
"The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion"
-Proverbs 28:1
ibrown3005 is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #250
Jeeper
 
Adrock21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 84
Do you, by any chance, make a set that mounts to the windshield brackets? The reason I ask is that so I could use your mirrors when I place my doors back on. Thanks!
Adrock21 is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #251
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ridgeway, SC
Posts: 123
Got mine yesterday but haven't put them on
rum4 is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #252
Jeeper
 
4x4cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central NC
Posts: 2,196
Got mine a few days ago. I love them. Easy to put on and look great also. Went for a ride this evening for the first time with them on. Was worried about the passenger side not being able to see good but I can see everything. Good product Defiant, keep up the food work.
4x4cop is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #253
Jeeper
 
BajaGadget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrthoDoc
I have had one issue with these mirrors, and I suppose it would probably occur with any hinge mount mirrors. I've had these for a month or so now.

I put my mirrors on the day I got them as I already had the doors off. They went on no problem, but as I took them off a few days later, the lip on the lock washer scraped off the pain on the bottom side of my hinge. It even cracked the visible part of the paint up a little higher. On the front of the hinge. The mirrors have been off and on a few times now, and each time, it's gotten a little worse. I tried to find some rubber plumbing gaskets to put between to no avail. Figured I'd just invest in some touch up paint before I put the doors on for the winter...

Anyone else had this issue? Is there a washer that I missed out on that didn't ship with mine? Suggestions?
I would (will) use a regular washer. The tang of the lock washer is tearing up the paint. It's not needed, just be sure to get it good and tight so nothing moves.
__________________
2011 White JK Sahara
2000 Black TJ Sport
BajaGadget is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #254
Jeeper
 
Defiant Systems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 319
In response to this feedback I will certainly be getting some flat washers to try and alleviate this problem. I'm sorry for the issue but thank you for the feedback! It's how I make things better.
__________________
ORDER HERE
Defiant Systems is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #255
Jeeper
 
Adrock21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 84
Can you make a set that bolt to windshield bracket?
Adrock21 is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #256
Jeeper
 
Defiant Systems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrock21
Can you make a set that bolt to windshield bracket?
I don't currently have the means to build brackets :-(
__________________
ORDER HERE
Defiant Systems is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #257
Jeeper
 
Defiant Systems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 319
General note for everyone. I will not be taking any orders between the first of November and sometime mid December as I will be moving from Ft Bliss, TX to Ft Polk, LA. Thanks everyone!
__________________
ORDER HERE
Defiant Systems is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #258
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant Systems View Post
General note for everyone. I will not be taking any orders between the first of November and sometime mid December as I will be moving from Ft Bliss, TX to Ft Polk, LA. Thanks everyone!
As a Texan, I would think that would stink. I hope its a good move for you and wish you only the best.

Dana
DBoat is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #259
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 113
I can't wait for mine to come in.
Daywork is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #260
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: North TX
Posts: 10
I'd like a pair of blacked out mirrors for a 2013 JKU please.
mikesmithtx644 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #261
Jeeper
 
Defiant Systems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat

As a Texan, I would think that would stink. I hope its a good move for you and wish you only the best.

Dana
Well it's home for me ;-)
__________________
ORDER HERE
Defiant Systems is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #262
Jeeper
 
robskully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 798
still waiting for my set.
do you send out tracking numbers when you ship ?
Rob .....
__________________
2001 Dodge B2500 4x4 Silver Quad Cab
2005 Chev 1500 4x4 White Avalanche Z71
2013 Jeep Unlimited White Sahara Wrangler
Auto Tranny, Max Tow, Dual Top & Anti Spin Differential
robskully is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #263
Jeeper
 
Defiant Systems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by robskully
still waiting for my set.
do you send out tracking numbers when you ship ?
Rob .....
Going out first thing in the morning! I just get delivery confirmation and send via USPS priority.
__________________
ORDER HERE
Defiant Systems is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #264
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 113
Were mine sent out?
Daywork is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #265
Jeeper
 
robskully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 798
OK thanks .....
Just wanted to make sure you didn't send already.
I live in a rural area and you never know if someone
watches houses during the day and swipes packages.
Rob .....
__________________
2001 Dodge B2500 4x4 Silver Quad Cab
2005 Chev 1500 4x4 White Avalanche Z71
2013 Jeep Unlimited White Sahara Wrangler
Auto Tranny, Max Tow, Dual Top & Anti Spin Differential
robskully is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #266
Jeeper
 
Defiant Systems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by robskully
OK thanks .....
Just wanted to make sure you didn't send already.
I live in a rural area and you never know if someone
watches houses during the day and swipes packages.
Rob .....
Expect them Sat or Mon.
__________________
ORDER HERE
Defiant Systems is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 12:22 AM   #267
Jeeper
 
kramer2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant Systems View Post
Expect them Sat or Mon.
Thanks for the update. Did mine go out with the same shipment?
kramer2k is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #268
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 113
Mine came in yesterday. But I'm out of town right now. So I'll see them on Saturday.
Daywork is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #269
EMS - It's a way of life.

WF Supporting Member
 
silver rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midlothian, Virginia
Posts: 21,264
How much for a set of blacked out for a 06 Rubicon?
silver rubi is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #270
Jeeper
 
Defiant Systems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver rubi
How much for a set of blacked out for a 06 Rubicon?
$60 just PM me your PayPal and address info and we can get started!
__________________
ORDER HERE
Defiant Systems is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC