Poison Spyder Dana 44 Bombshells Are BACK!! - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Special Deals for Members > Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
Canadian GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Niagara Ontario Canada
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
They're actually Method's. Here's a closer look..
Thanks for the info and the pic, I'm assuming they are MR301s.
Canadian GP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #32
DTS
Sponsoring Vendor
 
DTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 693
Another pic from our gallery...

__________________
Dusty Sharp Marketing Director
Click Here for the Latest Poison Spyder News!
Poison Spyder Customs - 951-849-5911 - Connect with us on: Facebook / YouTube / Twitter
DTS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #33
Jeeper
 
Sgt93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDRUNNER AZ View Post
Here is the d44 I put on.



Attachment 171135
Very nice!
__________________
Steve - 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch CC SB 4x4.
2013 Rubicon Unlimited. SOLD
_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Sgt93 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #34
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buster3479's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Lafayete, IN
Posts: 213
Going on Monday. Getting an Eaton installed, and I figured what better way to protect it than a new shiny bombshell. Thanks for the fast shipping PS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1280.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	175653  
Buster3479 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
Green Bay TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bel Air, MD
Posts: 360
Any issues with rear axle install? I have a JK unlimited Sport (d30 up front, d44 in the back), with a 2" BB. Is the trackbar an issue in the back?
Green Bay TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #36
DTS
Sponsoring Vendor
 
DTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 693
Killer two-tone powder coat job on Shawn Thomsen's D44 Bombshell:

__________________
Dusty Sharp Marketing Director
Click Here for the Latest Poison Spyder News!
Poison Spyder Customs - 951-849-5911 - Connect with us on: Facebook / YouTube / Twitter
DTS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #37
DTS
Sponsoring Vendor
 
DTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay TJ View Post
Any issues with rear axle install? I have a JK unlimited Sport (d30 up front, d44 in the back), with a 2" BB. Is the trackbar an issue in the back?
Yes it can be an issue with the stock track bar in the rear.
__________________
Dusty Sharp Marketing Director
Click Here for the Latest Poison Spyder News!
Poison Spyder Customs - 951-849-5911 - Connect with us on: Facebook / YouTube / Twitter
DTS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
paolos04lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Killer two-tone powder coat job on Shawn Thomsen's D44 Bombshell:

So you guys do two tone powder coating over there at poison Spyder?
paolos04lj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #39
DTS
Sponsoring Vendor
 
DTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolos04lj View Post
So you guys do two tone powder coating over there at poison Spyder?
No we do not. All of the two-tone ones you see in our photos were done by the customers (or their local shop). A few years ago we did a "special edition" version where we hand painted the spyders on a few of them. We go through way too many of them these days to make that feasible. BTW, the one in the photo you quoted back in your reply is my favorite one so far. That metallic copper on flat black just looks killer.
__________________
Dusty Sharp Marketing Director
Click Here for the Latest Poison Spyder News!
Poison Spyder Customs - 951-849-5911 - Connect with us on: Facebook / YouTube / Twitter
DTS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #40
DTS
Sponsoring Vendor
 
DTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 693
Thanks to everyone who's sent in photos of their Bombshells! Some pretty cool paint jobs out there...













__________________
Dusty Sharp Marketing Director
Click Here for the Latest Poison Spyder News!
Poison Spyder Customs - 951-849-5911 - Connect with us on: Facebook / YouTube / Twitter
DTS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 02:16 PM   #41
DTS
Sponsoring Vendor
 
DTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 693
How about some more customer photos. Some of you guys are getting pretty creative on painting your Bombshells

This one's from Kelli Jennings Regis:


How about this one from Kenneth Bernhardt:


Here's one I spotted on a customer's rig who was visiting the shop:


This one's from Renee Holland Shewfelt:


Here's one from Allen Hughes:


Here's one we put on here at the shop. Even the single-color black powder coat looks nice!


Here's Kenton York's matching set of D30 and D44 Bombshells:


Joe Coffman went with green for the Spyder:


Takafumi Hori from Japan also went with green but added red inside the Spyder. Sweet!


These Japanese guys have a theme going...Kazutoshi Furuhashi also painted the inside of his silver Spyder red:


Let's see yours!
__________________
Dusty Sharp Marketing Director
Click Here for the Latest Poison Spyder News!
Poison Spyder Customs - 951-849-5911 - Connect with us on: Facebook / YouTube / Twitter
DTS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #42
Newb
 
NickVT18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 9
How is the fitment for D30 and D44 on TJ's? Stock suspension or aftermarket. Sorry if this is just for JKs. Great products!
NickVT18 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #43
DTS
Sponsoring Vendor
 
DTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickVT18 View Post
How is the fitment for D30 and D44 on TJ's? Stock suspension or aftermarket. Sorry if this is just for JKs. Great products!
We've heard some reports of minor contact with the track bar in specific conditions on some stock TJ's, both front and rear. However, on the ones we've tested them on here at the shop we have not been able to duplicate it, although it is a very close fit. Our best guess is small manufacturing variances from Jeep to Jeep make this sort of a random occurrence for the TJ's (as opposed to the JK's where it is a confirmed fitment issue on all with stock track bars). If you'd like more specific info than that, please call our sales department at 951-849-5911, as they always know the latest feedback. Thanks,
__________________
Dusty Sharp Marketing Director
Click Here for the Latest Poison Spyder News!
Poison Spyder Customs - 951-849-5911 - Connect with us on: Facebook / YouTube / Twitter
DTS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 10:21 AM   #44
Newb
 
NickVT18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
We've heard some reports of minor contact with the track bar in specific conditions on some stock TJ's, both front and rear. However, on the ones we've tested them on here at the shop we have not been able to duplicate it, although it is a very close fit. Our best guess is small manufacturing variances from Jeep to Jeep make this sort of a random occurrence for the TJ's (as opposed to the JK's where it is a confirmed fitment issue on all with stock track bars). If you'd like more specific info than that, please call our sales department at 951-849-5911, as they always know the latest feedback. Thanks,
Awesome! I will do some more researching and will be in contact. I am looking at the Metalcloak Track Bars so I will contact them also. The spider design is awesome looking! Do you guys have any videos showing them getting "tested/beaten up"? Thanks.
NickVT18 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 10:26 AM   #45
DTS
Sponsoring Vendor
 
DTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickVT18 View Post
Awesome! I will do some more researching and will be in contact. I am looking at the Metalcloak Track Bars so I will contact them also. The spider design is awesome looking! Do you guys have any videos showing them getting "tested/beaten up"? Thanks.
Here's one the guys at JeepLab made:

Poison Spyder Bombshell diff cover testing - YouTube
__________________
Dusty Sharp Marketing Director
Click Here for the Latest Poison Spyder News!
Poison Spyder Customs - 951-849-5911 - Connect with us on: Facebook / YouTube / Twitter
DTS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 10:29 AM   #46
Newb
 
NickVT18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Here's one the guys at JeepLab made:

Poison Spyder Bombshell diff cover testing - YouTube
Awesome! I think I am sold! Now to just check the fitment.
NickVT18 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-18-2014, 08:39 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
clwilkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 43
Hello. Do you have the dimension the Dana 44 bombshell is from flange out? I have about 1-1/2" between my cover and the bar now. Just want to see if this will fit in the front. Another words what is the standing height difference, if laid flat, between the stock cover and the new bombshell. Thanks.
clwilkin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #48
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 254
Hi, I'm lifting (6 pack GameChanger) and trussing my 2014 Rubi next week and saw these covers. I was going to change from what I had planned on to these but when I went to order the shipping is $28.05.
I added two T-shirts and it jumped up to over $40 bucks…really?
Are those prices for real?
Couldn't all of that fit in a USPS Flat Rate Box for about $12 bucks?
And how do I know if it's in stock?

I am wanting two Dana 44 Black Powder Coated Bombshells and two XX T's in Red, Black and White.
macaw1us is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #49
DTS
Sponsoring Vendor
 
DTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by clwilkin View Post
Hello. Do you have the dimension the Dana 44 bombshell is from flange out? I have about 1-1/2" between my cover and the bar now. Just want to see if this will fit in the front. Another words what is the standing height difference, if laid flat, between the stock cover and the new bombshell. Thanks.
I'll see if I can get you some measurements. I don't have a stock cover around but I'll measure a Bombshell for you later today.
__________________
Dusty Sharp Marketing Director
Click Here for the Latest Poison Spyder News!
Poison Spyder Customs - 951-849-5911 - Connect with us on: Facebook / YouTube / Twitter
DTS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #50
DTS
Sponsoring Vendor
 
DTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by macaw1us View Post
Hi, I'm lifting (6 pack GameChanger) and trussing my 2014 Rubi next week and saw these covers. I was going to change from what I had planned on to these but when I went to order the shipping is $28.05.
I added two T-shirts and it jumped up to over $40 bucks…really?
Are those prices for real?
Couldn't all of that fit in a USPS Flat Rate Box for about $12 bucks?
And how do I know if it's in stock?

I am wanting two Dana 44 Black Powder Coated Bombshells and two XX T's in Red, Black and White.
Give our sales department a call, they can work out the cheapest shipping method for you. The shipping module on our website isn't the most intelligent system. We have it calibrated to be pretty accurate when shipping heavy items like bumpers and armor, which are the bulk of our business. The unfortunate result is that it is typically inaccurate for small and light stuff at the other end of the spectrum, like T-shirts and stuff. Also, its not that great at combining items to ship together. So please give our sales department a call and get a real person on the line, they can get you a better shipping rate for the products you're interested in. They can also confirm stock on them (which I can't do as I don't have a client module for our accounting system on my computer). 951-849-5911, thanks!
__________________
Dusty Sharp Marketing Director
Click Here for the Latest Poison Spyder News!
Poison Spyder Customs - 951-849-5911 - Connect with us on: Facebook / YouTube / Twitter
DTS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
clwilkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 43
Any luck on getting that measurement.
clwilkin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC