05-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Staten Island, NY
Originally Posted by DaK
Couple of things:
Will installing the LT's have any affect on choosing skid plates for the vehicle after mod? In other words, would I have to change out my rock hard full skids for another skid with your LT headers?
What about heat management? LT's are notoriusly known for their heat producing capabilities.
And one last one:
When I last had an aftermarket SC installed in a vehicle a lot of things changed with it such as fuel injectors. With your SC kit, do the stock fuel injectors need to be changed and if so, for this dyno run were the new or old injectors installed in the vehicle? Reason for asking is normally more fuel and more air equals more HP & torque. With your SC kits is the stock ignition system enough? With my last SC car it was necessary to hop up the coil and do some manipulation with the ignition and timing of the vehicle. Does your kit support a hotter spark and timing manipulation?
Okay one more:
What are the HP & Torque values of your shorties with and without an SC?
WOW!!! Great questions thanks!
- With the headers, it MIGHT be necessary to add a spacer or shim to ensure clearance with some aftermarket plates. Worse case you cut a bit of the skid, but for the 3-4 years we've been selling these it has not been an issue anyone has come across and not been able to get past it.
- We don't just consider ourselves a kit, we are Jeep part, designed to be self contained and easy to install. Our GEN II JK systems are engineered and ready to go, no trip to the auto parts store systems. We include everything you need in the box to have you out on the road 5-6 hours after starting the install. That includes larger injectors and spark plugs, right down to the zip-ties.
- The 3.8L is a multi coil system and we have found no problems with it supplying enough voltage even at higher boost levels.
- Our GEN II JK system come with a pre-programmed Diablosport Predator programmer.
- As far as heat being an issue, we addressed this in a variety of ways. From the design shape of our headers and materials used (scavange heat away from the motor), to factory temp. sensors and triggering your fan early. Make sure it's "jeeper" friendly.
- We have realized 30 whp and 40 wtq NA, and 20 whp and 20wtq supercharged. That is not the whole picture though. Our headers are tuned. It took over 4 different prototype designs before we were able to get to where we are now. We "tuned" these headers to move the power further DOWN the power band. More useable power down low.