LED Tail Lights - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > Off Road and External Lighting

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
Orange Peel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 496
I've been thinking about adding the ICPW's to my Crush. Just trying to determine which color would look better; Red or Black? Will they fit under the light guards?

Orange Peel is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 AM   #32
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Peel
I've been thinking about adding the ICPW's to my Crush. Just trying to determine which color would look better; Red or Black? Will they fit under the light guards?
I'd say black since you already have the black theme going. Don't forget to change your 3rd brake light as well if you do the black. I've never seen any other color though besides the black so if uniqueness is what you're looking for then the red would be nice. I just confused you didn't I lol.

__________________
Due to the recent price increases in ammo, don't expect any warning shots. Times are hard.
DOMINUS is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #33
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,738
This is with the 3rd brake light changed.

Attachment 166873
__________________
Due to the recent price increases in ammo, don't expect any warning shots. Times are hard.
DOMINUS is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #34
Newb
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12
How have these lights held up

I really like these lights also, but have read a few bad things about the manufacture support.

Any condensation or water leakage issues?

How about LED failures?

Thanks for any feedback.

jjw
ND
jweigel is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #35
Jeeper
 
Elarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Saginaw, MI
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweigel
I really like these lights also, but have read a few bad things about the manufacture support.

Any condensation or water leakage issues?

How about LED failures?

Thanks for any feedback.

jjw
ND
I actually had a great experience with their tech support and it was a problem I caused and they still took care if it. In rainy weather they do get condensation inside the lens part of the housing but its open to the weather and dries quickly inside. It doesn't build up or cause any issues even with visibility. You don't really see it unless you are right next to the jeep. It's typically gone a couple goes after I have the truck in our of the rain.

Eric
__________________
Eric

CLICK HERE FOR MY BUILD THREAD:
Elarson is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweigel View Post
I really like these lights also, but have read a few bad things about the manufacture support.

Any condensation or water leakage issues?

How about LED failures?

Thanks for any feedback.

jjw
ND
Something interesting happens to me within the last two weeks. The EVIC has a message on it now saying that the right turn signal light is out. At first it came on and off without me dismissing it almost as if it has a short. Now the message just stays on unless I dismiss it. The turn signal works though. When I lock/unlock the Jeep it flashes because the turn signal also functions as the brake light in this package. Anyway long story short there must be a built in resistor of some sort that went bad because the right signal blinks really fast as if the resistor went bad. I called Quadratec and they are sending me a replacement set (its sold in pairs) so I'm happy with that. These lights are awesome. The left one works fine. They are bright and have a unique tail light pattern. They do not suffer from condensation that I've noticed in the 3 months I've owned them so far. They are very well built especially when you see them next to the stock ones. I still don't know what caused the so called "failure" but I'm happy that I'm receiving a new set.
__________________
Due to the recent price increases in ammo, don't expect any warning shots. Times are hard.
DOMINUS is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #37
Newb
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12
Thanks for the feedback guys

Nice to hear some positive feedback. I am after a brighter (safer) rear lights. We have upgrade all our trailers to LED. Much easier to see in bright sunlight. I am not after the cool clear lens look. Just good old Ruby Red.... but bright.

Thanks again.

jjw
ND
jweigel is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweigel View Post
Nice to hear some positive feedback. I am after a brighter (safer) rear lights. We have upgrade all our trailers to LED. Much easier to see in bright sunlight. I am not after the cool clear lens look. Just good old Ruby Red.... but bright.

Thanks again.

jjw
ND
No problem. I got the black ones because that's the look I'm going after but they do have them in red, smoked and clear. If you do get the red ones be sure to post because I haven't seen them in any other color but black.
__________________
Due to the recent price increases in ammo, don't expect any warning shots. Times are hard.
DOMINUS is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #39
Newb
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12
Forgot a couple questions......

I will be installing this in a 2012. Do I need to get any additional resistor or does the light have all the necessary electronics to deal with the lower LED draw so the blinkers work correctly?

I also have the Rampage products Taillight guards that bold over the tail lights with the factory mount screws. I am going to assume the screws are the same so the covers should still work with this lights.

Thanks again for the feedback.

jjw
ND
jweigel is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweigel View Post
I will be installing this in a 2012. Do I need to get any additional resistor or does the light have all the necessary electronics to deal with the lower LED draw so the blinkers work correctly?

I also have the Rampage products Taillight guards that bold over the tail lights with the factory mount screws. I am going to assume the screws are the same so the covers should still work with this lights.

Thanks again for the feedback.

jjw
ND
I also have a 2012. No other accessories needed. They are plug and play. Like I said, the left light has no additional accessories (resistors) and it works flawlessly. The resistor may be internally housed. As far as the size of the light itself, it has the same footprint as stock. It doesn't protrude more than stock with the exception of the side where there is a reflector/side light. I'll take a shot of it and post. If the taillight guard has an open sided design it would fit. If it is closed there might be some fitment issues. I'd say the reflector extents about 3mm-4mm.
DOMINUS is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #41
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,738
This is the reflector bump I was referring to. So if your taillight guards have a cut out on the side it should work. Hope this helps.
__________________
Due to the recent price increases in ammo, don't expect any warning shots. Times are hard.
DOMINUS is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
Dusthol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Williston nd
Posts: 898
Only thing I don't like is they r so easy to remove. If they bolted on so a thief can't just take them
Dusthol is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #43
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusthol View Post
Only thing I don't like is they r so easy to remove. If they bolted on so a thief can't just take them
This is true. They come off in seconds. The same can be said for the stock ones as well.
__________________
Due to the recent price increases in ammo, don't expect any warning shots. Times are hard.
DOMINUS is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #44
Jeeper
 
Sinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 257
Just make sure you guys have resistors so that you won't get the hyper flashing, I have LED's front, sides & rear...I had to get the resistors on all 4 corners!
__________________
2009 Wrangler X
Sinz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 07:15 AM   #45
This Space Available

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Beastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Old Pubelo
Posts: 22,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinz View Post
Just make sure you guys have resistors so that you won't get the hyper flashing, I have LED's front, sides & rear...I had to get the resistors on all 4 corners!
Can't you just replace your flasher unit with an electronic one and this will solve the issue?
Beastmaster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #46
Jeeper
 
Dewstr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 7,180
Images: 2
There's a post on here, showing how to modify your existing flasher relay to prevent the "hyper flash". It worked for me. It was free, and I did it myself......
Dewstr1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #47
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Moabite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Moab
Posts: 878
I was ready to order the IPCW Berrmuda Black until I started reading all the bad reviews about condensation. Decided against it.
__________________
2013 JKUR softtop - Photos here: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/my-...on-202906.html
Gone and fondly remembered: '03 Rubicon - Sold 10/31/12
'82 Scrambler purchased new in 1982 - sold in '96
Moabite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #48
Jeeper
 
Irishbaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MICHIGAN
Posts: 327
Here's mine in red.
__________________
2013 JKUR Orange Crush
AEV 350SC Package
35" BFG KM2'S on Black Pintlers
Irishbaja is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #49
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinz View Post
Just make sure you guys have resistors so that you won't get the hyper flashing, I have LED's front, sides & rear...I had to get the resistors on all 4 corners!
I don't have resistors and only after 3 months did the right side started to hyper flash. The left side isn't doing it at all. How is this possible?
__________________
Due to the recent price increases in ammo, don't expect any warning shots. Times are hard.
DOMINUS is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #50
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishbaja View Post
Here's mine in red.
That a the first ones I've seen. Looks good.
__________________
Due to the recent price increases in ammo, don't expect any warning shots. Times are hard.
DOMINUS is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
kash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishbaja View Post
Here's mine in red.
how bright are the reverse lights?
kash is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
Irishbaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MICHIGAN
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by kash View Post
how bright are the reverse lights?
Alot brighter than the OEM bulbs. I've got my windows tinted 20% and I can see no problem backing up using mirror.
__________________
2013 JKUR Orange Crush
AEV 350SC Package
35" BFG KM2'S on Black Pintlers
Irishbaja is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by kash View Post

how bright are the reverse lights?
Every aspect of these lights are brighter than stock. They are borderline irritating especially at night. Whenever I'm night driving and I'm on the brake at a light and a vehicle pulls up behind me I can easily see into their vehicle. That's not exactly a great example but trust me they are at least 2x brighter than stock. Maybe even up to 3x brighter. Its bright enough to make you not want to directly at them for to long. Your eyes will start to hurt.
__________________
Due to the recent price increases in ammo, don't expect any warning shots. Times are hard.
DOMINUS is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #54
Jeeper
 
Irishbaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MICHIGAN
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINUS View Post
Every aspect of these lights are brighter than stock. They are borderline irritating especially at night. Whenever I'm night driving and I'm on the brake at a light and a vehicle pulls up behind me I can easily see into their vehicle. That's not exactly a great example but trust me they are at least 2x brighter than stock. Maybe even up to 3x brighter. Its bright enough to make you not want to directly at them for to long. Your eyes will start to hurt.
Exactly the reason I bought mine. I want to be seen. Also much better looking than factory. So you get the bling factor as well.
__________________
2013 JKUR Orange Crush
AEV 350SC Package
35" BFG KM2'S on Black Pintlers
Irishbaja is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #55
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishbaja View Post

Exactly the reason I bought mine. I want to be seen. Also much better looking than factory. So you get the bling factor as well.
I love them. I would encourage anyone who is undecided to give them a try. I'm still waiting for my new set to be delivered. I'm curious to see if that "Turn signal" message still persists. I do have resistors on the Recon LED turn signals out front though. But again the left side of my Jeep has zero problems. Two resistors out front for the turn signals and zero in the back. I'll let everyone know when I install the new ones again. Should be here tomorrow.
__________________
Due to the recent price increases in ammo, don't expect any warning shots. Times are hard.
DOMINUS is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #56
Newb
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12
Great Feedback guys....

It looks like Irishbaja has similar light guards. I looked and mine guards do have a center bar but it has several mm of clearance.

Irishbaja....are you using any resisters with yours or just the addition of the lights to the factory system???


It sounds like it might pay to order through a larger vendor even if it costs a little more to ensure they cover defects if they appear.

I have found then as cheap as $282 from autoanything.com to $320 from Quadratec and Carid.com


jjw
NDatec and Carid.com
jweigel is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #57
Jeeper
 
Sinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmaster

Can't you just replace your flasher unit with an electronic one and this will solve the issue?
I don't know I never tried that! The resistors are very easy to install and I just mounted them onto metal because they get hot!
__________________
2009 Wrangler X
Sinz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #58
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweigel View Post
It looks like Irishbaja has similar light guards. I looked and mine guards do have a center bar but it has several mm of clearance.

Irishbaja....are you using any resisters with yours or just the addition of the lights to the factory system???

It sounds like it might pay to order through a larger vendor even if it costs a little more to ensure they cover defects if they appear.

I have found then as cheap as $282 from autoanything.com to $320 from Quadratec and Carid.com

jjw
NDatec and Carid.com
That's exactly why I went with a larger vendor. I didn't expect the lights to become defective for lack of a better word. They still work by all accounts, its just one side is hyper flashing and the other isn't. Coincidentally when I put the hazards on the blink at a normal rate. Only when I engage the right side turn signal does it hyper flash. I still have normal brake light function. Very weird.
__________________
Due to the recent price increases in ammo, don't expect any warning shots. Times are hard.
DOMINUS is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #59
Jeeper
 
Sinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINUS

That's exactly why I went with a larger vendor. I didn't expect the lights to become defective for lack of a better word. They still work by all accounts, its just one side is hyper flashing and the other isn't. Coincidentally when I put the hazards on the blink at a normal rate. Only when I engage the right side turn signal does it hyper flash. I still have normal brake light function. Very weird.
Just get 4 resistors and mount them up to the metal bases and your problem will be solved!
__________________
2009 Wrangler X
Sinz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #60
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINUS View Post
Its bright enough to make you not want to directly at them for to long. Your eyes will start to hurt.
hah...

On the way home tonight, I was stopped behind a Caddy with the most ANNOYINGLY BRIGHT tail lights. I had to put my hand up, as if blocking the sun. Truly blinding.

Light em up!

__________________
Dan
Naperville, IL
dvitous is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC