What HID projectors, HID fogs, D2s a 50" and a 10" look like - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > Off Road and External Lighting

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,942
What HID projectors, HID fogs, D2s a 50" and a 10" look like

I figured some people would be interested to see a realistic example what the full spectrum of light can do when done properly....by full spectrum, I mean every angle covered....low and close, wide, distance, high up, etc. The lighting on my rig is as follows....

Headlights: HID Projectors @55W with 6000K bulbs (burn with the color of 4300)...

Fogs: OEM housings with 3000K (ion yellow) HIDs @35W

Winchmount: 10" Aurora LED Combo beam

A Pillars: Rigid Industries Dually D2s in driving beam.

Windshield: Aurora 300W (now available in 500W as well) spot beam only 50" dual row bar.

All the lights on...



Its very hard to quantify the scale of this photo (distances, etc) but generally speaking, distance straight ahead of the jeep where you would have usable light would be about 3/4 of a mile on a clear night. "Daylight" range would be about 1/4 mile. Width would be about 1/8th mile of "daylight range" and about 1/2 mile of visible light.



I know many people love to see charts and graphs, but IMHO, those are completely useless when you are looking to purchase a lightsource. What you need are pictures that show effective range and what you actually see. The above photo was taken in Arches National park well past sunset. The area was 100% completely pitch black.

Here are some videos that illustrate the lights, but keep in mind, the iphone greatly drops the exposure down so the actual light is far brighter.

https://vimeo.com/66098046

https://vimeo.com/66098152

If anyone has any questions or wants to know any other info about any of my lighting, feel free to ask anything and everything.

NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 122
Where did you buy the projectors and lightbar? All my other cars have HID and I would really like to add this to my Sahara

1 Bad Snake is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Bad Snake View Post
Where did you buy the projectors and lightbar? All my other cars have HID and I would really like to add this to my Sahara

Headlights:
©2012 HID Projectors

Lightbar was purchased directly from the factory.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
Newb
 
Dexa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7
I really like this set up. Mind if I ask what kit you used for the fogs?
Dexa is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
I really like this set up. Mind if I ask what kit you used for the fogs?
Yes. It is a DDM slim 35W 3000K HID kit.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC
I figured some people would be interested to see a realistic example what the full spectrum of light can do when done properly....by full spectrum, I mean every angle covered....low and close, wide, distance, high up, etc. The lighting on my rig is as follows....

Headlights: HID Projectors @55W with 6000K bulbs (burn with the color of 4300)...

Fogs: OEM housings with 3000K (ion yellow) HIDs @35W

Winchmount: 10" Aurora LED Combo beam

A Pillars: Rigid Industries Dually D2s in driving beam.

Windshield: Aurora 300W (now available in 500W as well) spot beam only 50" dual row bar.

All the lights on...

Its very hard to quantify the scale of this photo (distances, etc) but generally speaking, distance straight ahead of the jeep where you would have usable light would be about 3/4 of a mile on a clear night. "Daylight" range would be about 1/4 mile. Width would be about 1/8th mile of "daylight range" and about 1/2 mile of visible light.

I know many people love to see charts and graphs, but IMHO, those are completely useless when you are looking to purchase a lightsource. What you need are pictures that show effective range and what you actually see. The above photo was taken in Arches National park well past sunset. The area was 100% completely pitch black.

Here are some videos that illustrate the lights, but keep in mind, the iphone greatly drops the exposure down so the actual light is far brighter.

https://vimeo.com/66098046

https://vimeo.com/66098152

If anyone has any questions or wants to know any other info about any of my lighting, feel free to ask anything and everything.
That looks great. I run the Warn Xenon and couldn't be happier

BlueJK2013 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC