Pennsylvania 04' Rubicon - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Buy, sell, trade > Classifieds Archive

Join Wrangler Forum Today


 
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Rubicondon53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 1,588
04' Rubicon

Color Khaki---- NO RUST ---- 5 speed manual, 105k miles +/-
Here are things installed within the past year.
New OME 2.5" with sport shocks installed in June (with 1" Prothane Body lift,, installed 6 or 7 years ago)
New track bars, front and rear August
New front lower control arms, (rusty's) August
New rear ceramic brake pads, August
New Thermostat, August.
New Bestop Sailcloth top, December
New door straps, August
New Husky Liners (up front only) December

Other things done to it and added on.
JKS quick discos added April of 2012
3 year old Sears Platinum Battery (odyssey)
New serpentine belt at 75,000 miles
Front drive shaft custom built at 75,000 miles.
HD Steering stabilizer installed at 75,000 miles
BFG KM 255/85/16s (33x10.5) on stock Moab Rims, 20k miles of wear tread only half gone. Should get another 20k easily..
Warrior Safari Rack,, (rear hoop is stainless steel)
Warrior Expedition Rack, with Jerry can racks..
Heavey duty tow hooks up front
Custom Built ( A2Z ) winch hoop
Cheapo winch (Shittybuilt) with synthetic Masterpull Amsteel Blue winch line, ( don't ask me how, but this winch is now going on 5 years old, and has never failed us. I tore it down immediately and got all the crappy chinese grease out of it and replace that grease with marine grade synthetic grease.) I don't know which fairlead it will have, as my (new to me) Landcruiser 80/lx450 has a winch with a roller fairlead. If it is synthetic line on that winch I may swap fairleads.
Three flood lamps on hoop
Two long range spotters up top
Amber fog lamps on bumper
Class III 2" receiver hitch
flat 4 pin trailer light plug in.
Aluminum diamond plate rear corner protection..
Steering box skid
Front Dif Skid
Bestop Saddle Bags
Cobra CB radio
Sony (no bologna) Head unit.
Rear seat and all carpeting, + a home made tool box, that replaces rear seat, it is a clamshell box where we carry spare parts, air, tools etc.. if you want the box, you can have it and the rear seat, if you don't want the box, it'll make good kindling to get my wood burner going..
I cannot think of any other extras off the top of my head.
This jeep had been meticulously maintained since I bought it brand new in March of 04

Mobil I, changed every 5 to 6 k
Coolant swap every 40 K, last done in August
Dif, transfer case, and tranny fluids changed every 50 K last done in August

This Rubicon has had a steady diet of NON-ETHANOL gasoline..

Lots of spare parts;; u-joints, coolant hoses, serpentine belt, etc

Currently has need of lower 02 sensors. I'll get that done, or take $150.00 off the asking price.

This Rubicon has been to Moab 3 times, The Rockies once, and deep up into Quebec twice.. and some local trips as well, and has, and will for many years to come, performed flawlessly on the trail, and on the long interstate trips. This jeep has been treated like some folks treat their campers, driven on average, 50 miles a week. The rest of the milage was compiled going on our trips. The trail and other off road driving? This jeep has never been beaten, as I pride myself being a finesse driver. (Hey, I'm 60 years old, I outgrew that Dukes of Hazard crap a long long time ago) Most of the mileage is interstate mixed with 3 or 4 hundred miles of trail driving. This jeep has never experienced salted roads. No smokers, no Kids,, the interior is near mint. I have spent the last 9 and a half years building this jeep to suit our needs, ie, long range overland back country exploration. Having said that, we stay away from popular wheelin trails and most often take the trail less traveled. In other words, we go ALONE. Meaning? I've been rather anal with the preventive maintenance schedule on this jeep and have replaced or repaired a lot of little things before they needed it. Therefore, my wife and I have never had any qualms about being alone in the literal middle of nowhere, sometimes hundreds of miles from the nearest inhabited town..
Oh,,, the A/C and heater units work perfectly.
When the jeep was only 2 years old, I ran an A/C auxiliary cut off toggle switch. (one of my best mods)
That saves a lot of wear and tear on the unit, and you're sure it's turned off. If you need that little extra power for passing or getting up to speed on the interstate ramp or lifting up and over a trail obstacle just flip the toggle off.

I cannot think of anything else to mention about it. so here are the negatives:
Common trail scratches along body, nothing serious, and they will undoubtedly buff out. I just never cared enough to have a detail shop do a pro job on it
A bit of rock rash here and there on the Moab wheels, once again, nothing serious but the rash does exist..
As stated, I am very much a finesse driver, but that doesn't keep rocks from denting up the skid plates, they are dented and scraped, however once again, nothing seriously earth shattering, normal wear for a lightly used trail rig, and I'm under my jeep all the time, with rotary wire brush, primer, and black paint in constant pursuit of any bare metal resulting from trail running.

OK,,, thats all I can think of off the top of my head,, In two weeks I'll be listing it on e-bay with the reserve set at $15,000.. I'm very firm on this price, and the only reason for haggling would be the 02 sensor issue. The only reason I haven't yet installed new 02 sensors? the damn thing gets about 2 more MPGs while throwing the 02 sensor slow response code.. Here are a couple of photos, check out my profile for more photos. (some of the photos show the jeep with KM2s,, and the original top;; the jeep has KMs on it now, and the new Bestop Sailcloth) any questions? post up, or PM me,,, thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00488.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	481282   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01080.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	481290  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1956.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	481298   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1704.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	481306  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00761.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	481314  

__________________
04' Rubi, with all the gizmos we need for long range excursions, / home modified excursion trailer;

96' Lexus 450, locked, loaded and ready to roll..
'12 VW New Beetle
Rubicondon53 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
eagle223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 515
Nice looking jeep, if you don't mind me asking why is it up for sale?

eagle223 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 11-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Rubicondon53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle223 View Post
Nice looking jeep, if you don't mind me asking why is it up for sale?
No, not at all.. Short version of long story,,, 22 or 3 years ago my wife had a cycling accident.. We were cranking along at a high rate of speed on a country road and a small dog gave chase, cept the dog saw us coming and was in front of her, she hit the dog, and went over the top. Was in ER over nite and discharged with a semi-serious neck injury along with lots of bruises and abrasions.. 2 years ago the old injury reared it's ugly head after a fall at the pool.. Being " old school" she tried to "tuff it out".... Now she is in PT three times a week along with pain management appointments.. She will be able to manage the injury, but there is old and permanent ligament and nerve damage.. As I am a finesse driver she had no problems on the trail, but the ride on the highway is way too harsh for her in the jeep. She rode in my sons FZJ 80, and found it to be quite comfortable. The only way we can continue to enjoy our overlanding is with a much more comfortable ride.. I've purchased an 80 series LX450, locked up front and rear, OME3" sitting atop 315/75s... The Cruiser is extraordinarily comfortable on the highways, washboards and trails, and nearly as capable as the Rubicon off road, and a much more practical vehicle for our long range expeditions... It's not easy giving up the Rubi, but, I do own my things, they do not own me. I hope it finds a good home..
__________________
04' Rubi, with all the gizmos we need for long range excursions, / home modified excursion trailer;

96' Lexus 450, locked, loaded and ready to roll..
'12 VW New Beetle
Rubicondon53 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
eagle223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicondon53 View Post
No, not at all.. Short version of long story,,, 22 or 3 years ago my wife had a cycling accident.. We were cranking along at a high rate of speed on a country road and a small dog gave chase, cept the dog saw us coming and was in front of her, she hit the dog, and went over the top. Was in ER over nite and discharged with a semi-serious neck injury along with lots of bruises and abrasions.. 2 years ago the old injury reared it's ugly head after a fall at the pool.. Being " old school" she tried to "tuff it out".... Now she is in PT three times a week along with pain management appointments.. She will be able to manage the injury, but there is old and permanent ligament and nerve damage.. As I am a finesse driver she had no problems on the trail, but the ride on the highway is way too harsh for her in the jeep. She rode in my sons FZJ 80, and found it to be quite comfortable. The only way we can continue to enjoy our overlanding is with a much more comfortable ride.. I've purchased an 80 series LX450, locked up front and rear, OME3" sitting atop 315/75s... The Cruiser is extraordinarily comfortable on the highways, washboards and trails, and nearly as capable as the Rubicon off road, and a much more practical vehicle for our long range expeditions... It's not easy giving up the Rubi, but, I do own my things, they do not own me. I hope it finds a good home..
Good luck with the sale, hope everything works out for you guys and hope to continue to see you on the forum
eagle223 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 11-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 18
Wow where we're those pics taken?!
Hemi momma is offline   Quick Reply
Old 11-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
Rubicondon53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi momma View Post
Wow where we're those pics taken?!
Moab, and one with all the greenery was taken in Pennsylvania .. I'll be posting it up on eBay this weekend or the next
__________________
04' Rubi, with all the gizmos we need for long range excursions, / home modified excursion trailer;

96' Lexus 450, locked, loaded and ready to roll..
'12 VW New Beetle
Rubicondon53 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 11-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
McGTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 18
Great looking Jeep, good luck!
__________________
In Afghanistan, Fighting International Crime until October...can't wait to get home and do some wheelin'...

1999 XJ - Rescue Green
1998 TJ - Green

McGTJ is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Rubicondon53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 1,588
Hmmmm.. I need some opinions ... Stealerships are asking for and getting 16k plus for TJ Rubis and getting it.. Mines not moving.., any ideas? Thanks.
__________________
04' Rubi, with all the gizmos we need for long range excursions, / home modified excursion trailer;

96' Lexus 450, locked, loaded and ready to roll..
'12 VW New Beetle
Rubicondon53 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-15-2014, 02:30 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northeastern Connecticut
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicondon53 View Post
Hmmmm.. I need some opinions ... Stealerships are asking for and getting 16k plus for TJ Rubis and getting it.. Mines not moving.., any ideas? Thanks.
Ran into this same situation selling my V-Rod on another forum. I think the main thing is the "easy" financing at a dealer vs cash and the warranty maybe a little too... Sometimes the mods (which I like) get in the way too. Some people like stock and to make it their own.

Hang in there and be patient, the right buyer is out there tho you might have to wiggle on your firm price to move her. I did but don't regret it.

Best of luck and bump on a very cool rig!!
SilverSahara is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-15-2014, 07:52 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Rubicondon53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 1,588
I must agree.. 3 years ago my adult daughter, against my advise, bought an 06 JETTA TDI, from a stealership for 14k.. Interest, cost of crappy extended warranty, timing belt replacement, blown camshaft, and new ecu. along with new tires, the car ended up costing her over 21,000..., a brand new one is 23k... Tough lesson for her and good advise to all... Never borrow money for a used vehicle..
__________________
04' Rubi, with all the gizmos we need for long range excursions, / home modified excursion trailer;

96' Lexus 450, locked, loaded and ready to roll..
'12 VW New Beetle
Rubicondon53 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northeastern Connecticut
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicondon53 View Post
I must agree.. 3 years ago my adult daughter, against my advise, bought an 06 JETTA TDI, from a stealership for 14k.. Interest, cost of crappy extended warranty, timing belt replacement, blown camshaft, and new ecu. along with new tires, the car ended up costing her over 21,000..., a brand new one is 23k... Tough lesson for her and good advise to all... Never borrow money for a used vehicle..
That sounds like a tough lesson learned, Yikes!
SilverSahara is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-19-2014, 04:38 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Rubicondon53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 1,588
SOLD !! yesterday a guy drove down here 2 and 1/2 hours.. I had to talk him into test driving it.. He was so anxious to do the deal he was peeing down his leg.. Paid for it, upfront, and will come down next weekend to do the paperwork and drive it home.. I feel good that the jeep is going to a very good home, yet a little saddened because she will live out her life in North Central Pennsylvania, never to see Moab or the Rockies ever again.. Now I'm gonna go downstairs to my desktop and shop for some off road lights, and a new stereo system for our new beast.. happy trails !!
__________________
04' Rubi, with all the gizmos we need for long range excursions, / home modified excursion trailer;

96' Lexus 450, locked, loaded and ready to roll..
'12 VW New Beetle
Rubicondon53 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 01-20-2014, 07:38 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northeastern Connecticut
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicondon53 View Post
SOLD !! yesterday a guy drove down here 2 and 1/2 hours.. I had to talk him into test driving it.. He was so anxious to do the deal he was peeing down his leg.. Paid for it, upfront, and will come down next weekend to do the paperwork and drive it home.. I feel good that the jeep is going to a very good home, yet a little saddened because she will live out her life in North Central Pennsylvania, never to see Moab or the Rockies ever again.. Now I'm gonna go downstairs to my desktop and shop for some off road lights, and a new stereo system for our new beast.. happy trails !!
Good to hear!

SilverSahara is offline   Quick Reply
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC