05-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Join Date: Nov 2012
1977 CJ7 Straight 6 engine w/3-speed manual
1977 CJ7 with the AMC straight 6 engine with 3-speed manual transmission.
Ran good before ran out of money and ‘switched’ interest. Definitely needs a battery. Probably a quick tune-up since it's been sitting for a couple years. Ran fuel preservative in it and have had it running at least once a year since parked. When work on it stopped, it was all good mechanically. Just needed cosmetic stuff and tires (didn't care because I planned to crash it into trees). Decided to buy an engagement ring instead of Super Swampers, hence the ‘switching’ interest.
Has a clear title. Asking $3000 obo. Over $4500 (plus 100’s of hours) invested, motivated to sell!
Jeep can be seen by appointment in the Aurora, Illinois area. I’m posting this for a friend as he’s not online, or this fourm. Feel free to post questions here or call six three zero 892 101zero during business hours, and ask to speak to Ashton. He’s the seller.
- The engine professionally rebuilt in 2007 with only 20 miles on it since (have all documentation)
- Replaced the clutch with a new CenterForce clutch
- Replaced all the brake lines with Stainless braided lines
- Completed a spring over lift (to accommodate 35"ish tires that I just never bought)
- Welded on new spring perches
- New driveshafts
- New drop pitman arm
- Fiberglass front fenders