This is Metalcloak's 1993 YJ Wrangler
known as "Cloak2".
Definitely one of our favorite rigs and Matson's personal rock-crawler. But, alas, it is time to move on and build a new rig, so one lucky guy will have a great, turnkey, wheeler.
In the words of one observer: "That YJ just goes over EVERYTHING"
Built and maintained originally by Scott Arentz at Extreme Gear Off Road in Rancho Cordova. We bought a fairly stock YJ in 2009 to use as a show rig for our new YJ line of fenders. When we bought it it's miles were primarily Tow Miles as it had been set up to tow behind an RV.
Left the interior essentially the same (it was already bedlined) adding only PRP front seats (has Best-Top rear seat) and Rock Hard Bolt-In Sport Cage coated with our signature Black Textured Powdercoat. We swapped the Atlas and 44 front & rear off another build, added an RE reverse shackle spring over kit, and had a great wheeler.
After Moab 2011, we replaced the rear axle with a Currie Rock Jock 60 which has hardly been used (most of Matson's wheeling lately has been in the Red Rubi JK for promotional purposes).
It's very clean inside and a little trail worn on the outside.
Here are the specs...
- IROK Super Swamper 36" Tires (Set of 5)
- Steel Beadlock Wheels w/ Inverted Valves (Set of 5)
- Atlas 4:3
- Rock Hard Sport Cage
- Teraflex Swaybar Disconnect
- Dana 44 Front - 35 Spline - Hardened Axles
- Warn Hubs
- Currie Rock Jock 60 Rear - 32 Spline - Hardened Axles
- Optima Red Top Battery
- 5:13 Gears
- ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear
- Warn VR10,000 Winch w/ Cable
- PRP Front Reclining Bucket Seats
- Best-Top Rear Bench Seat
- Rubicon Express Spring-over Shackle Reversal Kit (Approx. 5.5" of Lift)
- Bestop Supertop and Upper Doors
- Rubicon Express Thumb Throttle
- Hanson Rear Bumper, Tire Carrier
- PSC Steering Ram Assist
- MetalCloak Frame-Built Aluminum Front Bumper, 43" Crawler Caps, Full Stinger
- MetalCloak Onverline & Arched Tube Fenders, 6" Flares
- MetalCloak Rocker Rails
- MetalCloak Full Corner Guards, 6" Flares
- Savvy Low Profile Rear LED's
- HESCO Throttle Body Spacer
- 4.0L I6 MPI AMC 242 "Power Tech HO" (High Output)
- Sony XPLOD AM/FM/CD/MP3
- Pioneer 2-Way Speakers in Dash
- Pioneer 2-Way Roll Bar Mounted Speakers
Currently Cloak2 has both the Overline
fenders and and the Arched Tube Fenders
from Metalcloak. One is mounted on one side, one on the other. The purchaser of Cloak2 will have the opportunity to either keep it "as-is" or select which style he would like to keep. Metalcloak will complete
Price is $18,000.
For more information send an email or call Metalcloak at 916-631-8071.