Maximum-3 Tire carrier - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Vendor Section > Maximus-3

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
detroitsteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 115
The Evolution: Prototype - Fit and tryout

Parts are evaluated for fit, functionality, aesthetics and interface with Jeep components.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1998.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	661017   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2767.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	661033  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2769.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	661041   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2770.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	661049  


detroitsteel is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #32
Jeeper
 
Finn Sizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Temecula, Ca.
Posts: 1,033
Following. I like new and innovative

__________________
2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon (RockTrooper)
1995 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 (Mini Hulk)
My Jeep Build site
Finn Sizzle is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #33
Jeeper
 
detroitsteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 115
The Evolution: Test and Validation

The tire carrier has been validated for fit and functionality but it also has undergone " real life " road testing. Tire as shown 35 in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0232.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	663601   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0229.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	663609  

Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0226.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	663617   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0224.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	663625  

Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0222.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	663633  
detroitsteel is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
Shawnee Jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 71
Looks great!!!
Shawnee Jeep is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
kmrtnsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 873
I went another route before this came along but am quite impressed. There is a great amount of engineering put into the M-3 products.
kmrtnsn is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:03 AM   #36
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Y-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
Posts: 1,331
Looks real good, any idea of the added weight of it?
__________________
2011 JKU Sahara; Sahara Tan, Leather, 3.73, Auto, Hard/Soft Top, SpiderWebShade, Dead Pedal, Skid Row Foot Pegs, BFG KO2, 10a Wheels
Y-Guy is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:41 AM   #37
Jeeper
 
Knuckles65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitsteel View Post
The tire carrier has been validated for fit and functionality but it also has undergone " real life " road testing. Tire as shown 35 in.
Looks good!

Does the tire still fit in the recess of the stock bumper? Any chance for a full on side shot?
__________________
2013 Commando Green JK Rubicon
-------------------------------------------------
Remember - sometimes, the advice you get on the Internet is worth exactly what you paid for it!
Knuckles65 is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:09 AM   #38
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles65 View Post
Looks good!

Does the tire still fit in the recess of the stock bumper? Any chance for a full on side shot?
Yes the tire fits recessed and centered in the bumper.
Here are a couple of shots with 33" and 35" tires. I don't have a good side view.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0075.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	665153   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0223.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	665161  

The General - LTG is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #39
Wile E.

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
monkeeboy73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 991
This definitely looks good. The modular design is awesome. Any idea on the total weight for the standard tire carrier setup?
I also like the Maximus-3 bumper bar/light plate combo for the front factory bumpers. That will be my next major mod.
__________________
2014 Anvil JK "Coyote"
6 speed, 3.73, LSD
monkeeboy73 is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #40
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeeboy73 View Post
This definitely looks good. The modular design is awesome. Any idea on the total weight for the standard tire carrier setup?
I also like the Maximus-3 bumper bar/light plate combo for the front factory bumpers. That will be my next major mod.
The base carrier is about 40 lb added weight and 8 lb more with the side accessories.

LTG
The General - LTG is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:00 AM   #41
Jeeper
 
Russman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 113
I am really liking this. Can't wait to find out how much this is going to hurt the bank account. Lol. Following
Russman is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:34 AM   #42
Newb
 
robertgreen79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 10
I actually registered an account just so I could find out how much this will be. I have money ready if its not too bad
robertgreen79 is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #43
Wile E.

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
monkeeboy73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General - LTG View Post
The base carrier is about 40 lb added weight and 8 lb more with the side accessories.

LTG
Thanks for the quick response. I'm staying stock with my bumpers and am trying to factor in the added weight and how that will affect my stock suspension.
__________________
2014 Anvil JK "Coyote"
6 speed, 3.73, LSD
monkeeboy73 is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #44
Jeeper
 
rockabillyroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 288
Let's put it this way. If I put away $100 a week, how long until I have enough for one of these?
rockabillyroy is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #45
Jeeper
 
Russman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 113
Nice try. Lol
Russman is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
jeeptjduner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Muskegon
Posts: 798
I would love to see this come in priced under Teraflex, at least to start out for us loyal followers.
__________________
2014 JKURX
3" Mopar Stage 3
18" Jester w/ Federal Couragia 35" tires
jeeptjduner is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:34 PM   #47
Newb
 
robertgreen79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabillyroy View Post
Let's put it this way. If I put away $100 a week, how long until I have enough for one of these?
Hopefully next week lol
robertgreen79 is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:30 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 100
JK010 PR #03 Heading to Apex, North Carolina.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0254.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	670618   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0251.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	670626  

The General - LTG is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:33 PM   #49
Newb
 
robertgreen79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General - LTG View Post
JK010 PR #03 Heading to Apex, North Carolina.
Any news on pricing?
robertgreen79 is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:01 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgreen79 View Post
Any news on pricing?
I think we got all the numbers in, so expect to hear from DS later today.

LTG.
The General - LTG is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
rockabillyroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General - LTG View Post
I think we got all the numbers in, so expect to hear from DS later today.

LTG.
expect to start taking orders today. heh.
rockabillyroy is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:37 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
detroitsteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 115
Maximus Modular Tire Carrier - The pricing

The Maximus-3 team wants to thank all those that had input, provided feedback, made suggestions in the evolution of the Modular Tire Carrier. Our email and phones have been flooded with pricing and order requests. We want to thank you for your patience during the evolution of this very unique modular tire carrier.

Pricing:
$679.99 Maximus-3 Heavy Duty Tire Carrier (includes carrier hinge, adjustable tire mount, center accessories mast, HM 3rd brake light, mounting hardware)
$184.99 Hi-Lift Jack Mount (includes jack base mount, top bracket, jack clamp, mounting hardware)
$69.99 Shovel Mount/Clamps (includes top and bottom clamps, mounting hardware)
$89.99 Side Rotopax Mount (includes pack bracket, pack mount, mounting hardware)
$184.99 High Mount Double Rotopax Bracket (includes mount bracket, pack mounts, mounting hardware)

10% introductory discount pricing through the end of February 2014.
detroitsteel is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:24 AM   #53
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 83
Pretty awesome!!! Do you guys have any pictures of just the tire carrier installed and none of the accessories or their brackets? Also does it accommodate any size backspacing, say stock rim with a 35 inch tire on it? You guys are making great stuff! I am excited to see the stinger for the Rubicon X bumper as well.
__________________
2014 2dr Rubicon X
Bradspe is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:17 AM   #54
Jeeper
 
Finn Sizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Temecula, Ca.
Posts: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitsteel View Post
The Maximus-3 team wants to thank all those that had input, provided feedback, made suggestions in the evolution of the Modular Tire Carrier. Our email and phones have been flooded with pricing and order requests. We want to thank you for your patience during the evolution of this very unique modular tire carrier. Pricing: $679.99 Maximus-3 Heavy Duty Tire Carrier (includes carrier hinge, adjustable tire mount, center accessories mast, HM 3rd brake light, mounting hardware) $184.99 Hi-Lift Jack Mount (includes jack base mount, top bracket, jack clamp, mounting hardware) $69.99 Shovel Mount/Clamps (includes top and bottom clamps, mounting hardware) $89.99 Side Rotopax Mount (includes pack bracket, pack mount, mounting hardware) $184.99 High Mount Double Rotopax Bracket (includes mount bracket, pack mounts, mounting hardware) 10% introductory discount pricing through the end of February 2014.
How do we go about placing an order?
__________________
2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon (RockTrooper)
1995 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 (Mini Hulk)
My Jeep Build site
Finn Sizzle is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #55
Jeeper
 
detroitsteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 115
Unfortunately all of our vehicle mount pictures had accessories. I will attach several pictures of the tire carrier loose components followed by pictures of some of the accessory brackets. I hope it helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradspe View Post
Pretty awesome!!! Do you guys have any pictures of just the tire carrier installed and none of the accessories or their brackets? Also does it accommodate any size backspacing, say stock rim with a 35 inch tire on it? You guys are making great stuff! I am excited to see the stinger for the Rubicon X bumper as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0266.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	673122   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0275.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	673130  

Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0273.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	673138   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0263.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	673146  

detroitsteel is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:59 PM   #56
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradspe View Post
Pretty awesome!!! Do you guys have any pictures of just the tire carrier installed and none of the accessories or their brackets? Also does it accommodate any size backspacing, say stock rim with a 35 inch tire on it? You guys are making great stuff! I am excited to see the stinger for the Rubicon X bumper as well.
By the way Bradspe, the tire mount is adjustable to receive any size rim-tire backspacing. Some of the pictures above are with 35" on stock rims.

LTG.
The General - LTG is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #57
Jeeper
 
detroitsteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 115
You can contact our sales number to place your order 248-821-6654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn Sizzle View Post
How do we go about placing an order?
detroitsteel is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #58
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ravensdale, WA
Posts: 55
Are there any future plans to build a carrier that is compatable with the 10A/X steel rear bumper so the carrier can be frame mounted?
__________________
Amp'd Rubicon X, 2 door, 6spd......
Debueller is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #59
Jeeper
 
Knuckles65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,211
So, is this completely modular? Meaning, can I order the main carrier today and later add the accessory mounts?

Are there installation instructions available to look at before ordering? Kinda like to know what I'm in for before deciding.

Thanks!
__________________
2013 Commando Green JK Rubicon
-------------------------------------------------
Remember - sometimes, the advice you get on the Internet is worth exactly what you paid for it!
Knuckles65 is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:36 PM   #60
Jeeper
 
detroitsteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 115
The system is modular. You can start with the tire carrier and expand as needed. The installation manual is being finalize. We will post the manual on our web site and on this thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles65 View Post
So, is this completely modular? Meaning, can I order the main carrier today and later add the accessory mounts?

Are there installation instructions available to look at before ordering? Kinda like to know what I'm in for before deciding.

Thanks!

detroitsteel is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC