2.5 lift to 3.5 lift - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
85CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 257
2.5 lift to 3.5 lift

This is probably a stupid question, but I have never done this before so hear it goes:

Do you have to buy an entire 3.5 lift system to increase a 2.5 lift system into a 3.5?? Thanks!

__________________

2013 MOAB edition, AEV 2.5 DualSport lift, Pintlers, Procal, 35" Duratracs, 4.56 Yukons, LSD, rear locker, auto, dual tops, Truck-Lites....
85CJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
larjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: new jersey
Posts: 1,037
No. Mostly just the springs.

larjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
DirtyTeddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 428
Just put in coil spacers. Get bigger shocks if you want more down travel.

Wala
__________________
RnR
DirtyTeddy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
85CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 257
Leveling the jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyTeddy View Post
Just put in coil spacers. Get bigger shocks if you want more down travel.

Wala
I thought with my 2.5 lift, the Jeep would be level, but the rear still looks a little higher. Is it possible or ok to just put say a 1 in spacer on the front springs? Or would it mess up the ride. I will be putting on my hard top soon and was wondering if that might even it out a little. Haven't had that top on since the lift was installed.
__________________

2013 MOAB edition, AEV 2.5 DualSport lift, Pintlers, Procal, 35" Duratracs, 4.56 Yukons, LSD, rear locker, auto, dual tops, Truck-Lites....
85CJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
DirtyTeddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85CJ View Post

I thought with my 2.5 lift, the Jeep would be level, but the rear still looks a little higher. Is it possible or ok to just put say a 1 in spacer on the front springs? Or would it mess up the ride. I will be putting on my hard top soon and was wondering if that might even it out a little. Haven't had that top on since the lift was installed.
On a 4dr the top weighs around 150lbs so it would defiantly level it out.

If it doesn't, it is totally fine to just run them on the front. If you actually have 2.5 inches of lift and are adding another inch = 3.5 Inches then I would start reading up on drive line angles as your getting close to where problems may occur depending on how you wheel.

I have a TF 2.5 coil and shock installed. I'm now installing a 2.5 spacer on the front and 1 inch on the rear. That's because of the heavy armor and accessories I have on though.
__________________
RnR
DirtyTeddy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
OIIIIIO

WF Supporting Member
 
T2000J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 891
The little bit of rake is good put your hardtop on check it . Then load her with gear and see how she looks
__________________


JEEP WRANGLER
T2000J is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
85CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyTeddy View Post
On a 4dr the top weighs around 150lbs so it would defiantly level it out.

If it doesn't, it is totally fine to just run them on the front. If you actually have 2.5 inches of lift and are adding another inch = 3.5 Inches then I would start reading up on drive line angles as your getting close to where problems may occur depending on how you wheel.

I have a TF 2.5 coil and shock installed. I'm now installing a 2.5 spacer on the front and 1 inch on the rear. That's because of the heavy armor and accessories I have on though.
"The little bit of rake is good put your hardtop on check it . Then load her with gear and see how she looks."

Good ideas. I will also be adding steel corner guards and bumper mounted tire carrier to the rear as well. So that with the hard top may do the trick.
__________________

2013 MOAB edition, AEV 2.5 DualSport lift, Pintlers, Procal, 35" Duratracs, 4.56 Yukons, LSD, rear locker, auto, dual tops, Truck-Lites....
85CJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
DirtyTeddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85CJ View Post

"The little bit of rake is good put your hardtop on check it . Then load her with gear and see how she looks."

Good ideas. I will also be adding steel corner guards and bumper mounted tire carrier to the rear as well. So that with the hard top may do the trick.
Sounds like a plan, update us on how the install goes
__________________
RnR
DirtyTeddy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
85CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyTeddy View Post
Sounds like a plan, update us on how the install goes
I certainly will and thanks again for the ideas/info. I hope to have it all done in the next two weeks or so!

__________________

2013 MOAB edition, AEV 2.5 DualSport lift, Pintlers, Procal, 35" Duratracs, 4.56 Yukons, LSD, rear locker, auto, dual tops, Truck-Lites....
85CJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC