Best gf ! Sick tire cover ! - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Tech Forums > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #31
Jeeper
 
whetstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemandsdm View Post

Isn't irony great...

There is only one flag that millions of AMERCIANS have bled and died for in order to protect corporate interests, keep profits high, and line the pockets of the ruling class and their friends... Fly it proudly!
Fixed it for ya...

__________________
As it turns out, I'm not a 'real' jeeper
whetstone is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #32
Jeeper
 
BigSkyJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NW Montana
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomPatriot View Post
Because that flag solely stands for slavery and not independence/states rights. You obviously have no understanding of civil war history other than the garbage they feed you in school, or else you'd realize there were a bunch of sanctions/tariffs against the south before they seceded. The north were the aggressors, the south wanted be left alone and they were trying to defend their homeland, not trying to invade the north. Also Sherman's march to sea the north pillaged every village, burning homes, slaughtering livestock, stealing private property, and raping and killing women.

I guess the next thing you'll say is that the Gadsden Flag is offensive. How dare people declare their independence and secede from the indentured servitude of Britain!
+1...I fly the confederate flag and the Gadsden flag at my home regularly. If anyone is offended they can kiss my *ss. You are correct about what is taught in public schools regarding the Civil War. The South was evil and the aggressors while the North was noble and peaceful. Never mind that some of the biggest racists around during that time were elitist Northeners, as is still the case today.

To me, the Civil War was primarily about state rights. Imagine what a different (and imho better) country this would be today if we weren't all under the yoke of our federal government. I say proudly display the flag of resistance, and if you piss off some bleeding heart liberal consider your job done.

__________________
2013 JK Rubi/6-speed - Rugged Brown
NRA Endowment Member - Molon Labe!
BigSkyJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2014, 10:20 AM   #33
Jeeper
 
NFGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemandsdm View Post
We have two groups in this country:

We have a group that boldly flies the Confederate Flag because they're proud of their heritage. This same group thumps their chest indignantly when those of other heritages fly their flag.

We have a group who will defend to the death any individuals right to proudly celebrate their heritage by flying other nations flags in America, but they thump their chests indignantly when anyone flies a confederate flag...

Isn't irony great...

There is only one flag that millions of AMERCIANS have bled and died for! Fly it proudly!
Well put. While I have my opinion of the confederate flag, and I dont agree with its meaning or my interpretation of it for that matter, I agree with peoples rights to fly it for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee indy View Post
this thread is stupid
Well put as well.
NFGZ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #34
Newb
 
gemandsdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by whetstone View Post
Fixed it for ya...
While I agree wholeheartedly that our elected leaders are bought and paid for by all manner of special interest groups, including but not limited to Wall Street, it is We The People who voted them into office. That in my mind is separate from feeling pride and patriotism for the Stars and Stripes, the flag of what is indisputably the greatest country in the world. Americans have been fighting and dying for some form of that flag far far longer than corporate stooges have been holding office.
gemandsdm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
ltdanyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 184
Send a message via AIM to ltdanyj
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee indy View Post
this thread is stupid
ltdanyj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2014, 01:03 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-JK View Post
The Duke boys drove a charger....
Yes they did drive a Charger but I still think YEEE HAAAWWW! when I see the flag. I know the other things it stands for as well. Its all about perception and how you take it. Enjoy your tire cover.
lavern23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 5,742
ya know what I really like? Hope it don't make me a bad person.
jadmt is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
-DMB-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: south Louisiana
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee indy View Post
this thread is stupid
Indeed.
-DMB- is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hill Country
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavern23 View Post
Yes they did drive a Charger but I still think YEEE HAAAWWW! when I see the flag. I know the other things it stands for as well. Its all about perception and how you take it. Enjoy your tire cover.
Agreed, enjoy the cover. Probably should post a pic of said GF just for good measure.

And yes some things are associated with something way beyond the original meaning. I enjoy rainbows right after a rain. For the life of me I don't understand why it's a symbol for a certain group.
Tdog02 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-08-2014, 10:04 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
RoadiJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,046
My first and last post in this thread and last time I'll read any of it, for that matter. Here goes.

The Confederate flag is considered by some to be a symbol of Southern heritage. The swastika is considered by some to be a symbol of Nazi Germany. Neither is necessarily a good thing. People are free to display either symbol here in the USA. I personally find them both repulsive.

Okay, I just had to get that out.
RoadiJeff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-09-2014, 08:22 AM   #41
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 5,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadiJeff View Post
My first and last post in this thread and last time I'll read any of it, for that matter. Here goes.

The Confederate flag is considered by some to be a symbol of Southern heritage. The swastika is considered by some to be a symbol of Nazi Germany. Neither is necessarily a good thing. People are free to display either symbol here in the USA. I personally find them both repulsive.
Okay, I just had to get that out.
while I agree people associate negative with both I also know that just because a person values their heritage does not mean they are a bigot or hater. I also know that the swastika was used 1000's of years before the Nazi's used it and was always a symbol of peace and good. Hindus and Buddhists still use it as it is a religious symbol for them far preceding hitler.

Seems diversity only runs one way. celebrate diversity by trying to understand why a person(s) display whatever they are displaying. Do you find it repulsive that Ghandi might have worn or displayed a swastika symbol?

Now if a skin head marching down the street spewing anti-racial and gay stuff is displaying a swastika and flying a confederate flat that is a different matter
jadmt is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2014, 11:15 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
DylanRhodes45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 113
The Civil War was fought solely over States' rights. South Carolina, followed by others, seceded because they felt mistreated by Lincoln's administration and the Federal Government. In order to "preserve the union," the north went on the aggressive to re-gain control.

Now this flag is so controversial because it is ignorantly, and yes I mean ignorantly, associated with Slavery. When, in fact, slavery was an afterthought pertaining to the cause of the Civil War. Not to mention, the flag was never officially adopted by the Confederacy.

Everybody wants to debate the subject, yet somehow the facts are always missing? Hmmm
__________________
If you take a little time to water your own grass, the other side isn't so special."
DylanRhodes45 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-23-2014, 11:38 PM   #43
Jeeper
 
Pittsburghwrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanRhodes45 View Post
The Civil War was fought solely over States' rights. South Carolina, followed by others, seceded because they felt mistreated by Lincoln's administration and the Federal Government. In order to "preserve the union," the north went on the aggressive to re-gain control.

Now this flag is so controversial because it is ignorantly, and yes I mean ignorantly, associated with Slavery. When, in fact, slavery was an afterthought pertaining to the cause of the Civil War. Not to mention, the flag was never officially adopted by the Confederacy.

Everybody wants to debate the subject, yet somehow the facts are always missing? Hmmm
The civil war was fought when the Southern states decided to secede from the Union for various reasons... You really think the fact that slavery was being outlawed was not ONE of these reasons? Really? Anyway the secession of the south would have nullified the Constitution destorying everything that America ever was or would become and that was what the confederate flag was supposed to stand for... Does this really seem like something that should be supported today? And the fact that the Confederacy never officially adopted that flag is insignificant, it was still widely accepted.

Now the fact of the matter is that while it may be ignorant and rude to display this flag, it is well within the rights of any American citizen to do so.
__________________
1995 YJ Rio Grande 2.5l I4 Auto, random cheap mods, saving money for OME 2.5" lift
Pittsburghwrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 08:29 AM   #44
Jeeper
 
brandon-99tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburghwrangler View Post

The civil war was fought when the Southern states decided to secede from the Union for various reasons... You really think the fact that slavery was being outlawed was not ONE of these reasons? Really? Anyway the secession of the south would have nullified the Constitution destorying everything that America ever was or would become and that was what the confederate flag was supposed to stand for... Does this really seem like something that should be supported today? And the fact that the Confederacy never officially adopted that flag is insignificant, it was still widely accepted.

Now the fact of the matter is that while it may be ignorant and rude to display this flag, it is well within the rights of any American citizen to do so.
Wow. Really? Lol
brandon-99tj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #45
Jeeper
 
The Real Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Flinstone Ga.
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburghwrangler View Post
The civil war was fought when the Southern states decided to secede from the Union for various reasons... You really think the fact that slavery was being outlawed was not ONE of these reasons? Really? Anyway the secession of the south would have nullified the Constitution destorying everything that America ever was or would become and that was what the confederate flag was supposed to stand for... Does this really seem like something that should be supported today? And the fact that the Confederacy never officially adopted that flag is insignificant, it was still widely accepted.

Now the fact of the matter is that while it may be ignorant and rude to display this flag, it is well within the rights of any American citizen to do so.
spoken like a real yankee, I am from the south, live in the south and will forever live in the south. Please if the stars and bars upsets you or you find it offensive PLEASE keep your yankee ass up there.
The Real Tink is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #46
Jeeper
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Conroe, Texas
Posts: 1,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Tink View Post
spoken like a real yankee, I am from the south, live in the south and will forever live in the south. Please if the stars and bars upsets you or you find it offensive PLEASE keep your yankee ass up there.
__________________
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Rubi513 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #47
Jeeper
 
OmniscientHiers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florence, AZ
Posts: 464
Interesting thread. Depending on which History class you take is the basis for United States Civil War history. The more advanced classes are taught straight from a textbook (you actually only read the textbook), and yes the book is biased in some ways (inevitable), however the Civil War is taught justly. There's no evil aggressor, although the north "checks" the southerners only to be pushed back by means of weaponry. An expected outcome. In addition, much of the civil war had little to do with slavery. On-level history classes are taught by a teacher who could twist information more so than a carefully written textbook.

Anyways, I honestly could care less about the flag and who's sporting it. Do as you wish, and I'll do as I wish, all within reason of course.
OmniscientHiers is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 11:48 AM   #48
Jeeper
 
blkrubi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clayton NC
Posts: 23,643
I personally would not ride around with one of those on my Jeep, yes I'm taking about the tire cover, not the flag.
__________________
I can only please one person a day and today is not your day and tomorrow is not looking good either!



CHRIS
blkrubi88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #49
Newb
 
Poster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 14
I'm from the south and I think that flag is just ridiculous. You have the right to show it but it doesn't make it any less ridiculous
Poster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 7,163
Ive been following this thread loosely only because im a huge Dukes of Hazzard fan. While I may not know all the details of what and how it happened between the two opposing parties I am smart enough to know that for the majority of the people the confederate flag represents one thing and that is racism. While i understand you southern boys argument that its heritage, and your god given right to fly the flag I do think its irresponsible and ignorant to do it in this day and age. I have a confederate flag belt buckle solely because i love the dukes and the general lee. That is the only reason, do i wear it, no. If your gonna claim that its heritage why arent you running sporting a flag thats got a neanderthal with a club over his shoulder dragging a woman by her hair. Yeah, i didnt think so.
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 04:15 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
BigSkyJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NW Montana
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbman View Post
Ive been following this thread loosely only because im a huge Dukes of Hazzard fan. While I may not know all the details of what and how it happened between the two opposing parties I am smart enough to know that for the majority of the people the confederate flag represents one thing and that is racism. While i understand you southern boys argument that its heritage, and your god given right to fly the flag I do think its irresponsible and ignorant to do it in this day and age. I have a confederate flag belt buckle solely because i love the dukes and the general lee. That is the only reason, do i wear it, no. If your gonna claim that its heritage why arent you running sporting a flag thats got a neanderthal with a club over his shoulder dragging a woman by her hair. Yeah, i didnt think so.
That is your opinion, and the one shared by most leftists/liberals who love freedom of speech, except when they don't agree with the message and/or the messenger. Then it becomes "hate speech", lol.

To me the Confederate flag stands for states rights and when I display it is my personal f*ck you to the federal government, which has destroyed any semblance of states rights and has made this country far worse for it.
__________________
2013 JK Rubi/6-speed - Rugged Brown
NRA Endowment Member - Molon Labe!
BigSkyJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
Pittsburghwrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyJeep View Post

That is your opinion, and the one shared by most leftists/liberals who love freedom of speech, except when they don't agree with the message and/or the messenger. Then it becomes "hate speech", lol.

To me the Confederate flag stands for states rights and when I display it is my personal f*ck you to the federal government, which has destroyed any semblance of states rights and has made this country far worse for it.
That is your right and i fully respect everyone's right all of the time... I am also a conservative, would love to see a gun in the hand of every sane person in this country, hate the government; and still find that flag to have meaning beyond that which you have mentioned in the above quote
__________________
1995 YJ Rio Grande 2.5l I4 Auto, random cheap mods, saving money for OME 2.5" lift
Pittsburghwrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 05:26 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 7,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyJeep View Post
That is your opinion, and the one shared by most leftists/liberals who love freedom of speech, except when they don't agree with the message and/or the messenger. Then it becomes "hate speech", lol. To me the Confederate flag stands for states rights and when I display it is my personal f*ck you to the federal government, which has destroyed any semblance of states rights and has made this country far worse for it.

You dont even know me, did you listen to my argument? You saying "Fuck you" solidifies my thoughts. Ignorance.
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #54
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 7,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyJeep View Post
That is your opinion, and the one shared by most leftists/liberals who love freedom of speech, except when they don't agree with the message and/or the messenger. Then it becomes "hate speech", lol. To me the Confederate flag stands for states rights and when I display it is my personal f*ck you to the federal government, which has destroyed any semblance of states rights and has made this country far worse for it.
And yeah. Freedom of speech for not just your white honky ass but mine, that fella named Jamal and every other minority. The confederate flag signifies nothing more than the deprival of ones rights, especially if they are black.
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 05:52 PM   #55
Jeeper
 
ChasUGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,385
Images: 2
Not much difference between this flag and a Swastika, IMO. But, you have the right to portray yourself as you want to be seen. Personally though, I believe in "One Love".

"The Confederate flag is to the United States as the swastika is to Germany: a shameful reminder of a hateful time."

The above quote was well said.
ChasUGC is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 05:58 PM   #56
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 7,163
And after the comments im firm in what i think. Ignorance.
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #57
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
chucky cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: We eat stuff outa ditches!
Posts: 3,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky cheese View Post
Being a southerner and waiting to rise again I do like the tire cover. However you may be asking for vandalism from some unhinged yankee type. And it may not be limited to just the tire cover. Good luck! I am sure there will be some heated debates on this and you may be labeled as a trouble maker by some and a hero by others. And I will be lurking to stir the pot.
Before this thread gets canceled. Can I see the future or is this the usual course of this subject?
It's heating up! YeeHAAR
__________________
It ain't easy being cheesy:

Sometimes I make decisions like famous people.
George Armstrong Custer "lets go over that hill, I think those are friendly indians!"

Titanic's Captain Smith "What icebergs? Full speed ahead!"
chucky cheese is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #58
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 5,742
What about the black officers who fought for the south? I wonder if they were racist. I wonder if my grandfather was racist? Probably not I think he would be glad we have the right to choose what flag we fly.
jadmt is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 06:30 PM   #59
Newb
 
Poster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
What about the black officers who fought for the south? I wonder if they were racist. I wonder if my grandfather was racist? Probably not
So you're saying since there were colored people fighting that it makes everything okay and that this causes it to not be racist?
Because you are wrong.
Poster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2014, 06:53 PM   #60
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 5,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poster View Post
So you're saying since there were colored people fighting that it makes everything okay and that this causes it to not be racist?
Because you are wrong.
Did I say that? Are you racist? Because your post indicates you are.

jadmt is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC