hi there. first of all i wanted to say this forum is awesome and for the most part very supportive and patient with newbies with silly questions!
i think i have decided i would like a JK Sport and I really want the Crush!
this will be my first jeep and i'm embarassed to say my first attempt to buy a car on my own. i have no experience with dealers and probably easy target!
so far in my search, not only am i not finding many JK Sports in the area but not many orange wranglers or anything with a price that validates purchasing a used one. also, i'm not finding any new jeeps that fit my specifications on any lots nearby.
i have come to the conclusion that i have to order a new one. originally i was going to wait a year or 2 to save up but 1)i'm getting impatient! 2)crush color is being discontinued soon
here are my questions:
1) when you order your new jeep - do you go through the jeep website?
2) if so, is the price that comes up negotiable? how do u negotiate with a website? if you order through the dealer, do you have any negotiating strategies?
3) do dealers tack on crazy prices on top of what the website charges?
4) how would i try to get some sort of discount (i.e. Tread lightly)
5) i'm seeing different reports about getting 1-2% below invoice. is that considered a good deal? is that about the best deal you can get regardless of whether you buy one of the lot or special order?
6) i thought i read crush is being discontinued end of 2013? when would i have to place an order to ensure i can get the crush?
sorry for the tons of questions. but thanks for any help i can get!