Exhaust options on my JKx - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Brankz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 349
Exhaust options on my JKx

So I have the dynomax dual turbo, I love the sound but I will like it to sound more aggressive and louder.. What options do I have? Take off 2 or more cats, take off the resonator or just buy a new one and if I have to buy a new one what is the most aggressive sound options? I don't care if they are legal lol please anything will help me out thanks

Brankz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Brankz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 349
Anything will help

Brankz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Brankz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 349
Any one? Lol
Brankz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
AlexS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 409
You will have better luck posting this in the JK tech section of the forum
AlexS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
sinepome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brankz View Post
So I have the dynomax dual turbo, I love the sound but I will like it to sound more aggressive and louder.. What options do I have? Take off 2 or more cats, take off the resonator or just buy a new one and if I have to buy a new one what is the most aggressive sound options? I don't care if they are legal lol please anything will help me out thanks
If you don't care just go straight pipes. Right in front of the rear tires, both sides obviously. If you care about peoples hearing around you, taking out the resonator is not a bad idea. Taking it to a local exhaust shop and telling them what you want probably won't be a bad idea either. if You can't weld it yourself. GL.
sinepome is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Brankz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinepome View Post

If you don't care just go straight pipes. Right in front of the rear tires, both sides obviously. If you care about peoples hearing around you, taking out the resonator is not a bad idea. Taking it to a local exhaust shop and telling them what you want probably won't be a bad idea either. if You can't weld it yourself. GL.
Thank you I will take off the resonator and if I don't like it I will buy a evolution exhaust
Brankz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Brankz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
You will have better luck posting this in the JK tech section of the forum
Thanks and I'm sorry I'm new here so I don't know how this forum works
Brankz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 01:29 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
Wranglin4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brankz View Post

Thanks and I'm sorry I'm new here so I don't know how this forum works
No worries! We're all friends here. Just my .02, don't waste a lot of money on exhausts, they are overpriced and you are almost no gains in power. Just louder, but if that's what you want then to each his own. Good luck
Wranglin4Life is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #9
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
wmwhitey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ewa Beach Hawaii
Posts: 1,344
I have a 2012 so I know it will sound a little different but I will put it on this weekend and let you know how the evolution exhaust sounds.
wmwhitey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 02:14 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Brankz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmwhitey View Post
I have a 2012 so I know it will sound a little different but I will put it on this weekend and let you know how the evolution exhaust sounds.
Great thanks....
Brankz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2013, 12:22 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Brankz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 349
I'm getting a new 1 but don't know wish one

Dynomax evolution

Or

Dynomax rock crawler

Brankz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC