Glove Box Treasures !! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Baby Huey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Western Washington County Oregon
Posts: 1,045
Glove Box Treasures !!

I bought my 07 JKU-X a little over a year ago, used from a lot. It had been bounced off of several lots before I bought it.....
Today I was digging in the glove box looking for my State Park Pass that I knew I put in there last weekend. I figured it must have fallen back behind the box someplace, so I felt around and I could feel a bunch of crap back there so I removed the glove box ( easy to do, just look at it for a few minutes, you'l figure it out ... ) I started digging stuff out of the duct work....
A PS2, a new container of Old Spice Deodorant , safety glasses, pair of brand new eye glasses retainers, Divorce child Visitation instructions...
And best of all, the Build Sheet..... (Nothin really special there...).
I figure I can trade the grandkids the PS2....maybe. The Old Spice, I may make a Jeep deoderizer out of it, just take the lid off and leave it under the seat... Ohhh, yea, I did find my state park pass !!
So if you have a new to you used Jeep, ya might pull the glove box and see what ya find.....maybe a winning loto ticket !!
"BH"

__________________
Poison spider Evap.Skid/Master craft grab handles/Or-Fab spare tire-can carrier/ Gibson SS Duals/ Q-tec Floor Liners/Hidden Hitch Receiver, AntennaX 7inch, 48" Hi-Lift.

Viet Nam Veteran 69-70, Troop "D" (AIR) 3/4 Cav. ,25th Inf. Div. CUCHI RVN. UH-1H Crew Chief of the "Pinball Wizard" 68-16224. Call Sign "CENTAUR".
Baby Huey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Chilly03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 466
a PS2??? are you serious??? lol my kids would flip out hahahhaa

__________________
03 Wrangler 2" BB 31's
95 Cherokee sport 2dr. lifted 31's

(OIIIIIIIO)
Chilly03 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Baby Huey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Western Washington County Oregon
Posts: 1,045
My Grandson (11yrs.) came over to look at it.....he wasn't impressed, traded me some old Music CD's.... And said it was a "PSP" What ever that is.....must be really old, LOL....
Ohhhh well, no biggy, I still got the Deodorant and the safety glasses ! LOL,LOL...

"BH"
__________________
Poison spider Evap.Skid/Master craft grab handles/Or-Fab spare tire-can carrier/ Gibson SS Duals/ Q-tec Floor Liners/Hidden Hitch Receiver, AntennaX 7inch, 48" Hi-Lift.

Viet Nam Veteran 69-70, Troop "D" (AIR) 3/4 Cav. ,25th Inf. Div. CUCHI RVN. UH-1H Crew Chief of the "Pinball Wizard" 68-16224. Call Sign "CENTAUR".
Baby Huey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Chilly03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 466
lol oh a PSP still a nice piece. and thank you for your service my brother.... Gulf War vet here ... 6 years Marine Corps.
__________________
03 Wrangler 2" BB 31's
95 Cherokee sport 2dr. lifted 31's

(OIIIIIIIO)
Chilly03 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Tweak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 2,228
a PSP makes more sense. those little things are awesome! if you are ever sad play Loco Roco. its impossible to be sad playing that game.

I found an unopened pack of smokes and my insurance card. not as cool as a psp but still cool.
Tweak is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Baby Huey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Western Washington County Oregon
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly03 View Post
lol oh a PSP still a nice piece. and thank you for your service my brother.... Gulf War vet here ... 6 years Marine Corps.
Thank's MARINE !! Same to You .... Hang in there Pal ! "BH"
__________________
Poison spider Evap.Skid/Master craft grab handles/Or-Fab spare tire-can carrier/ Gibson SS Duals/ Q-tec Floor Liners/Hidden Hitch Receiver, AntennaX 7inch, 48" Hi-Lift.

Viet Nam Veteran 69-70, Troop "D" (AIR) 3/4 Cav. ,25th Inf. Div. CUCHI RVN. UH-1H Crew Chief of the "Pinball Wizard" 68-16224. Call Sign "CENTAUR".
Baby Huey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Baby Huey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Western Washington County Oregon
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
a PSP makes more sense. those little things are awesome! if you are ever sad play Loco Roco. its impossible to be sad playing that game.

I found an unopened pack of smokes and my insurance card. not as cool as a psp but still cool.
I bet those Ciggs were pretty dried out .....Kinda like the ones we used to get in our old C-Rations.....Lite em and they burn like a fuse.....

"BH"
__________________
Poison spider Evap.Skid/Master craft grab handles/Or-Fab spare tire-can carrier/ Gibson SS Duals/ Q-tec Floor Liners/Hidden Hitch Receiver, AntennaX 7inch, 48" Hi-Lift.

Viet Nam Veteran 69-70, Troop "D" (AIR) 3/4 Cav. ,25th Inf. Div. CUCHI RVN. UH-1H Crew Chief of the "Pinball Wizard" 68-16224. Call Sign "CENTAUR".
Baby Huey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
joeuncool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Huey View Post
I bought my 07 JKU-X a little over a year ago, used from a lot. It had been bounced off of several lots before I bought it.....
Today I was digging in the glove box looking for my State Park Pass that I knew I put in there last weekend. I figured it must have fallen back behind the box someplace, so I felt around and I could feel a bunch of crap back there so I removed the glove box ( easy to do, just look at it for a few minutes, you'l figure it out ... ) I started digging stuff out of the duct work....
A PS2, a new container of Old Spice Deodorant , safety glasses, pair of brand new eye glasses retainers, Divorce child Visitation instructions...
And best of all, the Build Sheet..... (Nothin really special there...).
I figure I can trade the grandkids the PS2....maybe. The Old Spice, I may make a Jeep deoderizer out of it, just take the lid off and leave it under the seat... Ohhh, yea, I did find my state park pass !!
So if you have a new to you used Jeep, ya might pull the glove box and see what ya find.....maybe a winning loto ticket !!
"BH"
I wasn't aware of the glove box black hole. I need to look there.

Be sure to look in your under seat black hole. That is where people drop items next to the center console and they always slide under the carpet. People look under the drivers seat and "poof" the item isn't there. The don't think about looking under the carpet. I looked under the carpet on my used JK trying to find my dropped IPOD. I did find it but I also found an IPhone, a live .223 round and lots of pens and pencils. I actually did some detective work with the IPhone and figured out who the previous owner was. I visited them to give them back their phone (that was lost 2 years prior) and had a nice discussion learning all kinds of stuff about the jeep and the mods.
__________________
I drive a JKUR. Everywhere I look I see places I want to drive up, over, or through.
joeuncool is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Cape Fear Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington NC
Posts: 82
Looked behind mine and found nothing. Felt like Charlie Brown on Halloween.
Cape Fear Finn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Tweak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 2,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Huey View Post
I bet those Ciggs were pretty dried out .....Kinda like the ones we used to get in our old C-Rations.....Lite em and they burn like a fuse.....

"BH"
nah they were brand new, I had bought a just as many packs as I knew I would need for our 4 day trip, day three I was freaking out thinking they fell out on the trail
Tweak is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Chilly03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Huey View Post
Thank's MARINE !! Same to You .... Hang in there Pal ! "BH"
we both took a bite of Uncle Sams S**t sandwich, but were here still breathing.

Oh and btw I checked behind mine and found a bunch of parking tickects from the previous owner. lol.
__________________
03 Wrangler 2" BB 31's
95 Cherokee sport 2dr. lifted 31's

(OIIIIIIIO)
Chilly03 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-12-2013, 12:32 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
nyoungblood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 58
I am going to have to dig around behind my glove box tomorrow!
nyoungblood is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Posts: 51
"Dang", no black hole in the old YJ . . . Disappointed (
Dano222 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Baby Huey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Western Washington County Oregon
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly03 View Post
we both took a bite of Uncle Sams S**t sandwich, but were here still breathing.

Oh and btw I checked behind mine and found a bunch of parking tickects from the previous owner. lol.
Parkin Tickets..... Local ones ? Hummmmm, maybe ya better get NEW plates !

"BH"

__________________
Poison spider Evap.Skid/Master craft grab handles/Or-Fab spare tire-can carrier/ Gibson SS Duals/ Q-tec Floor Liners/Hidden Hitch Receiver, AntennaX 7inch, 48" Hi-Lift.

Viet Nam Veteran 69-70, Troop "D" (AIR) 3/4 Cav. ,25th Inf. Div. CUCHI RVN. UH-1H Crew Chief of the "Pinball Wizard" 68-16224. Call Sign "CENTAUR".
Baby Huey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC