Hello we are students in high school working on our senior year engineering project.We wanted to have a project that pertained to Jeeps (Mostly Wranglers) seeming we both drive Wranglers.We have decided to take on the challenge of creating an automatic Jeep Wrangler soft top. The idea of the top is that it will go up whenever it rains and the Jeep is in park. It would be great help if you guys could take this short survey for our class.
Thanks from fellow Jeepers
1. On a scale of one to ten how helpful would having automatic Jeep Wrangler Top be?(10 being the highest) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
2. Have you ever had your Jeep Wrangler get soaked because you didn’t go out in the rain and put your top up? Yes No
3. Do you see this as being a worthwhile investment and if so how much would you pay for it? $___________
4. Is there anything else that you think the top should go up or down for?
5. Would you prefer this over having to put up the top manually?
6. Tell us a little about your Jeep; what year, aftermarket parts, etc…
1. 2 2. No 3. $0 4. No 5. No 6. 93yj lots of mods.
I think that adding another thing that can go wrong is not a good idea and it just adds to the complexity. I like my stuff to work as manually as possible, and if i can do it myself i don't need it done mechanically.
You now need a bluetooth adapter for your winch.
Winches need solid control, I would not trust any wireless connection (including the commercial ones) to control a device that can cause serious injuries.