HVAC Cleanout stink bugs - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 16
HVAC Cleanout stink bugs

Hey all, so I've got a problem, being in weastern PA we have those stink bugs a lot. Well they have managed to get into my heating and ac vents somehow. So when I turn the air on it blows their stink through my jeep. Does anybody know how I can clean them out? Gotta have the heat for the girlfriend for the winter and she cants stand the stink. Frankly neither can I, its bad. I know I can pop the vents off but I'm not seeing them there, they're back in there somewhere

JayTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
larjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: new jersey
Posts: 1,062
Put some bleech and water in the vents it will kill them

larjeep is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by larjeep View Post
Put some bleech and water in the vents it will kill them
Where will that drain to then?
JayTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
daddyjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Smethport, PA
Posts: 2,454
Those damn stink bugs were bad this year.

Shop Vac. Possibly Duct Tape on a smaller hose so you can work it way down in there. If that doesn't work, you may have to tear all of the ducts out to clean them out.
__________________
87 YJ, 5.2/46RH/NP231, Custom 4 link/ Radius Arms, Ballistic Nitrogen Shocks, 35" Cooper STT
DaddyJeep build Thread:http://www.wranglerforum.com/f8/dadd...ld-122601.html
daddyjeep is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
Those damn stink bugs were bad this year.

Shop Vac. Possibly Duct Tape on a smaller hose so you can work it way down in there. If that doesn't work, you may have to tear all of the ducts out to clean them out.
Never thought of. Shop vac. I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks.
JayTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #6
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,759
I had to clean out my box recently. I has feathers () and other debris in mine and when I turned the heat on, smelled like a fire was starting. Best thing I found..I removed the blower motor resistor, then turned on the fan on HIGH. It blows out the bottom where the resistor was. Of these bugs have any weight at all..they will collect down near the blower motor resistor like everything did on mine. Good luck!
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-19-2013, 12:02 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbostixxx View Post
I had to clean out my box recently. I has feathers () and other debris in mine and when I turned the heat on, smelled like a fire was starting. Best thing I found..I removed the blower motor resistor, then turned on the fan on HIGH. It blows out the bottom where the resistor was. Of these bugs have any weight at all..they will collect down near the blower motor resistor like everything did on mine. Good luck!
Down by the passengers feet?
JayTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #8
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTJ View Post
Down by the passengers feet?
yep! It's right underneath the fan, so when you turn the fan on..it pushes out the closest hole, which is the resistor hole when it's not in there. Worked GREAT for me, just an idea
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbostixxx View Post
yep! It's right underneath the fan, so when you turn the fan on..it pushes out the closest hole, which is the resistor hole when it's not in there. Worked GREAT for me, just an idea
Thanks for the input!

JayTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC