Moser Axle Shafts - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-02-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
rketr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 870
Moser Axle Shafts

Was wondering if anybody has had any experience (good or bad) with Moser axle shafts.

I've ordered a set of Yukon's for my 14 bolt, but they are on back-order and won't likely be to my door until mid-September(!!!!! !!!!)

Moser says they can have the custom shafts to my door (with shipping) in about a week and a half.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
I curse like a drunk sailor
Obama -> The Presidency to Nowhere
rketr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #2
Jack Lives Here!!!

WF Supporting Member
 
1BLKJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,764
Moser is HUGE with the drag racing community. I've known some guys running their shafts in custom axle setups with buggies and they have no complaints. Moser interests me because they actually make a 40 spline spool and shafts for a 9.

Did you try Alloy USA?

__________________
Thanks,
Jack Hickman

President - Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
Vice-President - ASA4WDC
Arizona Rock Rats
1BLKJP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
rketr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
Moser is HUGE with the drag racing community. I've known some guys running their shafts in custom axle setups with buggies and they have no complaints. Moser interests me because they actually make a 40 spline spool and shafts for a 9.

Did you try Alloy USA?
Been checking with just about everybody. Problem is that nobody builds stuff for a 14 bolt.

What concerns me about Moser vs. Yukon is the price. Yukon runs about $280 per side. Moser is listed at $315 total! The ~1/2 price makes me wonder if Moser is using a cheaper metal or something...

Dunno. For 1/2 the price I'm tempted to pick up the Moser and if it breaks, since I was all set to spend the Yukon $, pick up another set while the first gets replaced under warranty.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
I curse like a drunk sailor
Obama -> The Presidency to Nowhere
rketr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #4
Jack Lives Here!!!

WF Supporting Member
 
1BLKJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by rketr View Post
Been checking with just about everybody. Problem is that nobody builds stuff for a 14 bolt.

What concerns me about Moser vs. Yukon is the price. Yukon runs about $280 per side. Moser is listed at $315 total! The ~1/2 price makes me wonder if Moser is using a cheaper metal or something...

Dunno. For 1/2 the price I'm tempted to pick up the Moser and if it breaks, since I was all set to spend the Yukon $, pick up another set while the first gets replaced under warranty.
We've never had any luck with Yukon fronts as opposed to Alloy. But like I said several of the big boys here in town are running custom Mosers on their 14 bolts and 60's with no problems.

If you are really wanting to spend some money you could talk to Bobby Long and have some 300M shafts made for that monster.
__________________
Thanks,
Jack Hickman

President - Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
Vice-President - ASA4WDC
Arizona Rock Rats
1BLKJP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
rketr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
We've never had any luck with Yukon fronts as opposed to Alloy. But like I said several of the big boys here in town are running custom Mosers on their 14 bolts and 60's with no problems.

If you are really wanting to spend some money you could talk to Bobby Long and have some 300M shafts made for that monster.
Uhm, yeah. I think I'll save those bones for the LT1 swapout I'm hoping to do next year. Should equal what he charges
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
I curse like a drunk sailor
Obama -> The Presidency to Nowhere
rketr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #6
Jack Lives Here!!!

WF Supporting Member
 
1BLKJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by rketr View Post
Uhm, yeah. I think I'll save those bones for the LT1 swapout I'm hoping to do next year. Should equal what he charges
Yeah but something about meer mortals like us rolling 300M shafts in our junk would be real fun.
__________________
Thanks,
Jack Hickman

President - Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
Vice-President - ASA4WDC
Arizona Rock Rats
1BLKJP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #7
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,590
You should call Axle Jack. He will make you some custom "drive home" shafts.

See here.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...ight=axle+jack

and you can't do a LT1 swap for 3Gs.
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #8
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,590
Oh yea... if it were me I would just buy a set of stocker shafts for 50 bucks and beat the brakes off it
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2008, 10:30 PM   #9
Jack Lives Here!!!

WF Supporting Member
 
1BLKJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD View Post
You should call Axle Jack. He will make you some custom "drive home" shafts.

See here.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...ight=axle+jack

and you can't do a LT1 swap for 3Gs.
Damn thanks Andy, haven't seen those before. I now have something else to live for.

Hey you ever seen a set of those 300M Longfield CV's in person?
__________________
Thanks,
Jack Hickman

President - Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
Vice-President - ASA4WDC
Arizona Rock Rats
1BLKJP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #10
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,590
No. And probably a good thing. Cause I really want a set with red boots.
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #11
Jack Lives Here!!!

WF Supporting Member
 
1BLKJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD View Post
No. And probably a good thing. Cause I really want a set with red boots.
Man, I don't blame you. I've been thinking about building Spidertrax housings and 40 spline 300M CV shafts for about 1900 sounds awful tempting.

Then do some CTM 300M 40 Spline rear shafts and unless I start running my shit in WE Rock I shouldn't ever have a problem with that setup running 41's.
__________________
Thanks,
Jack Hickman

President - Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
Vice-President - ASA4WDC
Arizona Rock Rats
1BLKJP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #12
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,590
I rarely see people breaking 14 bolt shafts. As easy as they are to change I just carry a spare set with me. They were given to me. I just can't justify a 3k price tag for parts I don't think will have problems.
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2008, 11:33 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
rketr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD View Post
I rarely see people breaking 14 bolt shafts. As easy as they are to change I just carry a spare set with me. They were given to me. I just can't justify a 3k price tag for parts I don't think will have problems.
Yup. Exactly!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
I curse like a drunk sailor
Obama -> The Presidency to Nowhere
rketr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-03-2008, 11:40 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
KicknJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: with 2 Jeeps in the garage...
Posts: 557
Images: 2
Send a message via Yahoo to KicknJeep
Had the Mosers in the rear of my 79 CJ( model 20) and beat the hell outta them. They are going strong today for the person who bought it.

__________________
99 Solar Yellow Sport

1976 CJ two seater-
[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...0613092028.jpg[/IMG]
KicknJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted: D35 c-clip axle shafts NY jamesx2 Classifieds Archive 1 10-31-2008 11:08 AM
FS Non C-clip D35 axle shafts - NY jamesx2 Classifieds Archive 0 06-27-2008 01:06 PM
Remove Front Axle Shafts ? nicolas-eric TJ Tech Forum 4 05-08-2008 08:11 PM
Installing Alloy USA's New JK Rubicon Dana 44 Axle Shafts 1BLKJP JK Tech Forum 1 05-08-2008 07:09 PM
JK Rear Axle Shafts! 4x4ROCKSHOP Classifieds Archive 0 08-08-2007 04:25 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC