So I'm in the midst of a frame-off restoration/build of a YJ and I'm planning ahead for the bodywork. I'm planning to change the body color and put bedliner on the inside and bottom of the tub. This is just a sanity check for me, if I've got it wrong let me know. but the steps I'm planning are in order below.
- body off
- media blast to remove old paint
- patch and repair tub as needed
- mask off inside and bottom of tub
- etch, prime, paint outside (window frame etc.)
- apply Monstaliner directly on bare steel inside and underneath