Non Off Roaders Wanted! - Page 3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Tech Forums > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #61
Jeeper
 
iluvshoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by keschete
Great to see another woman on here! Plus I can drive my 6 speeds with the shoes on
I cannot drive a stick. Well I can but it is not pretty. I backed the BF's Jeep out of the garage today and OMG, I ended up with one wheel on the grass. But I have no problems driving in my 6 inch heels. Shoot, I have ran through my office in heels surprising my male co-workers and a few female ones. There isn't much I can't do in my heels.

__________________
Julie
12 Sport Black (Mall Crawler) aka Fifty
02 X Yellow (Bar Crawler) aka Bumblebee
iluvshoes is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #62
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared66
If your not gunna put it in 4x. Why buy a 4x. Dont waist your money. Get a civic. Or get on a trail. You will see why u own oneonce your out there
If much rather buy a jeep from someone who doesn't offroad it . Then someone who does .
I already have dibs on my neighbors jkur when she sells it in a couple years .
Hard Top never off , soft top in the garage , doors never removed . Detailed professionally every month oil Chang every 3000 miles . She wanted a capable vehicle safe vehicle for when she needs it . when she's transporting her kids till they are older.
Call her a mall crawler
She pull her husbands STOCK tj outta the. Garage and show you whats up .

__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #63
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakea94 View Post
If much rather buy a jeep from someone who doesn't offroad it . Then someone who does .
I already have dibs on my neighbors jkur when she sells it in a couple years .
Hard Top never off , soft top in the garage , doors never removed . Detailed professionally every month oil Chang every 3000 miles . She wanted a capable vehicle safe vehicle for when she needs it . when she's transporting her kids till they are older.
Call her a mall crawler
She pull her husbands STOCK tj outta the. Garage and show you whats up .
Thanks for sticking up for us!

For the other poster, if you think those of us who choose not to offroad are Jeeps are untalented at driving, you are sadly mistaken. I road and drag race my other cars. I wanted a Jeep because it is capable, we have flooding where I live and I like driving something different.

I am selling my 09 Sahara that is fully loaded, never off roaded, cleaned regularly, oil changes regularly and has every option you could get. The next owner is certain to be very pleased...it is a 6 speed 4x4. It has a few scratches, but a very nice Jeep.
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #64
Jeeper
 
KLiK3xs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Suisun City, CA
Posts: 132
Just think of it as a pristine 4x available to an off-roader in the near (?) future. :-)
__________________
Kim
MMC/USN/Retired

KIA, RIP
KLiK3xs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #65
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by keschete

Thanks for sticking up for us!

For the other poster, if you think those of us who choose not to offroad are Jeeps are untalented at driving, you are sadly mistaken. I road and drag race my other cars. I wanted a Jeep because it is capable, we have flooding where I live and I like driving something different.

I am selling my 09 Sahara that is fully loaded, never off roaded, cleaned regularly, oil changes regularly and has every option you could get. The next owner is certain to be very pleased...it is a 6 speed 4x4. It has a few scratches, but a very nice Jeep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLiK3xs
Just think of it as a pristine 4x available to an off-roader in the near (?) future. :-)
be proud my friends
__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #66
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
With the value that a Jeep maintains I can afford to trade in my Jeep every three or four years and have the same note. I wanted the new motor, the new 6 speed is much more responsive and I wanted the leather and the u-connect with the Garmin Nav. If they make significant upgrades again in 3 or 4 years, then I will trade again.
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #67
Jeeper
 
iluvshoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,378
Civic here in WI? You have got to be kidding me! 4WD isnt just for offroading. 4WD to me is a must for WI winters.
__________________
Julie
12 Sport Black (Mall Crawler) aka Fifty
02 X Yellow (Bar Crawler) aka Bumblebee
iluvshoes is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2012, 05:04 AM   #68
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
jp2611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Wayne IN
Posts: 5,721
scribed
jp2611 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #69
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
I am not an off roader. I bought my uncle's jeep after he passed with 39,000 miles on it. We have had it 5 or 6 years and it now has just under 52,000 miles. Unfortunately, as my summer vehicle, my kids hate it when I have the hard top off (too windy, too hot, too cold, too loud) and hate it more when the hard top is on(too hard to get into). I am the mom. How often to I go anywhere with out children?
My other car is a Chevy Suburban. I love the tight turns, easy parking and quick movements of my jeep, but honestly, just got it for fun, not to get it dirty or stuck! Some days I am so boring!
ckbailey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #70
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckbailey View Post
I am not an off roader. I bought my uncle's jeep after he passed with 39,000 miles on it. We have had it 5 or 6 years and it now has just under 52,000 miles. Unfortunately, as my summer vehicle, my kids hate it when I have the hard top off (too windy, too hot, too cold, too loud) and hate it more when the hard top is on(too hard to get into). I am the mom. How often to I go anywhere with out children?
My other car is a Chevy Suburban. I love the tight turns, easy parking and quick movements of my jeep, but honestly, just got it for fun, not to get it dirty or stuck! Some days I am so boring!
It's YOUR Jeep, you can do ANYTHING you want with it!

My wife plays along and I'm sure she thinks it's fun, but it's doubtful she thinks it's as great as I do.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 12:34 AM   #71
Jeeper
 
Blue_94_YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mantachie, Mississippi
Posts: 147
I can barely get my wife to ride in mine at all. She definitely doesn't think it's as great as do. Oh well.
__________________
Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.
Blue_94_YJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 04:17 AM   #72
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_94_YJ View Post
I can barely get my wife to ride in mine at all. She definitely doesn't think it's as great as do. Oh well.
Such is life.

My wife had a 2009 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro and now she has a 2012 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium. I drove the Audi for about a few weeks after my STi was wrecked and she drove the rental car we had; it was larger and more comfortable for her. From a refinement aspect, especially with the interior, I just didn't "feel" it. It just seemed...too nice.

For some reason I do not like refined automobiles. I'm not gonna say I like rattling piles of shit, but it was just too nice. I much prefer a different feel to an automobile. It surprised me when my wife commented on the comfort level of the Jeep and how it was a nice ride on long trips.

Anyway, she knows when I'm looking for excuses to take it for a spin, like when I tell her, "Let's go to Dairy Queen!" In all the years we've been together (16 years), I've maybe suggested going out for ice cream about 2 or 3 times. She just shakes her head and plays along. She did say it'd probably be even more fun with the entire top off it.

FWIW, she did get this huge spot of sunburn on the top of her chest where she missed with the suntan lotion.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #73
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
I bought my JKU for a couple of reasons:

1. I'm tired of hearing stories of my husband's '69 Bronco that apparently walked on water... pretty sure my new ride will be able to outdo that one.
2. We have land in east Texas (and hopefully someday soon in far southwest Texas) with horrible roads and steep slopes, and my current SUV wasn't 4WD nor is my husband's old F150. I don't plan on doing crazy rock-climbing but I would like to do some mild off-roading, at least. Hence the Sport and not the Rubicon...
3. I fell in love with Jeeps as a child, watching "Mork & Mindy" - I wanted to look like Pam Dawber with that awesome hair and down vest, driving that Jeep in the mountains!
4. Because I could.

No mods yet (only 2 days old) but it needs nerf bars/steps desperately - for practical reasons and because it looks naked without them. I also would like a brush guard because Texas is full of large suicidal mammals. I'm trying to decide which one would be practical and not pretentious, and recommendations are welcome. I won't go the winch route so I need one that works with the stock bumper.

I usually don't name my vehicles but I will get some specialty plates. In Texas we have horned lizard ("horny toad") plates that benefit our Parks & Wildlife department, and I'm trying to come up with something to personalize this set. Sadly, HMFIC is already taken.
dc_2112 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #74
Jeeper
 
BasJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 335
I also got mine for several reasons. I've wanted a jeep since i was in 5th grade, thought they were so cool. It is my daily driver so i plan to take good care of it, but if i ever wanted to go offroading i know that i have the option. I live in Michigan, so the 4x4 is nice to have for the winter. The thing i like most about it is the freedom to customize. Mods aren't all that expensive and you can do a lot of stuff on your own. I definitely don't have an excuse to be bored this summer.
BasJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #75
Jeeper
 
iluvshoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_2112 View Post
I bought my JKU for a couple of reasons:

1. I'm tired of hearing stories of my husband's '69 Bronco that apparently walked on water... pretty sure my new ride will be able to outdo that one.
2. We have land in east Texas (and hopefully someday soon in far southwest Texas) with horrible roads and steep slopes, and my current SUV wasn't 4WD nor is my husband's old F150. I don't plan on doing crazy rock-climbing but I would like to do some mild off-roading, at least. Hence the Sport and not the Rubicon...
3. I fell in love with Jeeps as a child, watching "Mork & Mindy" - I wanted to look like Pam Dawber with that awesome hair and down vest, driving that Jeep in the mountains!
4. Because I could.

No mods yet (only 2 days old) but it needs nerf bars/steps desperately - for practical reasons and because it looks naked without them. I also would like a brush guard because Texas is full of large suicidal mammals. I'm trying to decide which one would be practical and not pretentious, and recommendations are welcome. I won't go the winch route so I need one that works with the stock bumper.

I usually don't name my vehicles but I will get some specialty plates. In Texas we have horned lizard ("horny toad") plates that benefit our Parks & Wildlife department, and I'm trying to come up with something to personalize this set. Sadly, HMFIC is already taken.
I just mailed my application for personalized plates too!
__________________
Julie
12 Sport Black (Mall Crawler) aka Fifty
02 X Yellow (Bar Crawler) aka Bumblebee
iluvshoes is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #76
Jeeper
 
iluvshoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasJeep View Post
I also got mine for several reasons. I've wanted a jeep since i was in 5th grade, thought they were so cool. It is my daily driver so i plan to take good care of it, but if i ever wanted to go offroading i know that i have the option. I live in Michigan, so the 4x4 is nice to have for the winter. The thing i like most about it is the freedom to customize. Mods aren't all that expensive and you can do a lot of stuff on your own. I definitely don't have an excuse to be bored this summer.
I know what you mean. Just went to Menard's to price out for some materials to make my own cabinets/shelves for the small freedom top panels for in the cargo area. Putting them in the bags take forever.
__________________
Julie
12 Sport Black (Mall Crawler) aka Fifty
02 X Yellow (Bar Crawler) aka Bumblebee
iluvshoes is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 06:02 AM   #77
Jeeper
 
Scarlet Begonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: here, not there
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkritzeck View Post
Being smaller now, it actually annoys me when people pay attention to me. They never use to play attention to me before. Nothing about me has changed, I am still the same sassy, trucker mouth, hard working girl I was before. Just the outside wrapping changed. It is amazing how many men are willing to help me when I am shopping at Menard's. Before I could be trying to get a ladder down to see if it is the size I want and having a hard time. Now I have 5 guys wanting to help. I went in to O'Reilly's with my water pump still attached to the fan (I couldn't get it apart to replace the water pump on my Liberty) and had 2 customers and all four staff people working on it to remove it. That would have NEVER happend when I was 240. They would have rented me the tool and sent me on my way.
I hope I didn't upset you with the encouragement to be proud of what you've done. I undstand your perspective and agree (I *hate* being patronized just because I'm a girl) but I was just thinking of the work and dedication it must have taken to drop so much weight. THAT you should be proud of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckbailey View Post
I am not an off roader. I bought my uncle's jeep after he passed with 39,000 miles on it. We have had it 5 or 6 years and it now has just under 52,000 miles. Unfortunately, as my summer vehicle, my kids hate it when I have the hard top off (too windy, too hot, too cold, too loud) and hate it more when the hard top is on(too hard to get into). I am the mom. How often to I go anywhere with out children?
My other car is a Chevy Suburban. I love the tight turns, easy parking and quick movements of my jeep, but honestly, just got it for fun, not to get it dirty or stuck! Some days I am so boring!
I'm so glad my kids aren't the only ones who complain all the time about the roof being off! It has to be "just right" for them to enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkritzeck View Post
I know what you mean. Just went to Menard's to price out for some materials to make my own cabinets/shelves for the small freedom top panels for in the cargo area. Putting them in the bags take forever.
They do! Shelves are a great idea.
__________________
"It's not just a car, it's a Jeep!" - my 6-yr old son
Scarlet Begonia is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #78
Jeeper
 
im-ocd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 98
I bought my Wrangler Dec. 2010; it now has 15,000 miles and has never been off road.
I bought it because I need 4WD for infrequent snowy roads in winter and I wanted a convertible, with 4 doors.
Wrangler Unlimited has no competition that meets all three criteria.
__________________
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Oil changes at 6,000 miles? No way! My goal is for the motor to last as long as possible, not the oil.
im-ocd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #79
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by im-ocd View Post
I bought my Wrangler Dec. 2010; it now has 15,000 miles and has never been off road.
I bought it because I need 4WD for infrequent snowy roads in winter and I wanted a convertible, with 4 doors.
Wrangler Unlimited has no competition that meets all three criteria.
Same here!
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #80
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
jkritzeck - what did you get for your plates? My specialty plates only allow 5 characters so I couldn't get the one I came up with initially (N2N8UR - "Into nature" in case that wasn't obvious) so I settled on (heart)N8UR.

Yes. I have a heart on my Jeep plate.

btw... congrats on the weight loss and good luck with the heels - I have personally moved to earth-mama shoes permanently, but I still think the heels are pretty - on other people!
dc_2112 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #81
Jeeper
 
iluvshoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_2112 View Post
jkritzeck - what did you get for your plates? My specialty plates only allow 5 characters so I couldn't get the one I came up with initially (N2N8UR - "Into nature" in case that wasn't obvious) so I settled on (heart)N8UR.

Yes. I have a heart on my Jeep plate.

btw... congrats on the weight loss and good luck with the heels - I have personally moved to earth-mama shoes permanently, but I still think the heels are pretty - on other people!
I had to give them 3 choices.

1) MYFIFTY
2) 50SHADS
3) MR GREY

Many might think it is stupid and silly, but I enjoyed the books and my Jeep being all black it just seemed to fit. It was a girlfriend of mine that came up with the name for my Jeep and told me it just fit my personality (not that I am into all that "kinky f*ckery" that he is into but his personality is very much like mine).
__________________
Julie
12 Sport Black (Mall Crawler) aka Fifty
02 X Yellow (Bar Crawler) aka Bumblebee
iluvshoes is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #82
Jeeper
 
BasJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkritzeck View Post
I know what you mean. Just went to Menard's to price out for some materials to make my own cabinets/shelves for the small freedom top panels for in the cargo area. Putting them in the bags take forever.
that is one reason i wish i had a newer jeep, i love those freedom tops
__________________
'02 Sport
BasJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #83
Jeeper
 
iluvshoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasJeep View Post
that is one reason i wish i had a newer jeep, i love those freedom tops
285hp isn't bad either
__________________
Julie
12 Sport Black (Mall Crawler) aka Fifty
02 X Yellow (Bar Crawler) aka Bumblebee
iluvshoes is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #84
Jeeper
 
BasJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkritzeck View Post
285hp isn't bad either
true that true that
__________________
'02 Sport
BasJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #85
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 56
My Jeep is completely stock and I've never been off-road (there, I said it). Unless you count the pothole-strewn gravel driveway up the the shooting club we go to. I was under the impression that the nearest place I could take it off-road was several hours drive away - it's all private land around here. I should have joined this forum sooner; I'd been here five minutes before I was pointed in the direction of some much more local trails!

I'm also a girl, I love driving, I like my Jeep's nimbleness on the road and I don't have quite so many shoes
futurshox is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #86
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurshox View Post
My Jeep is completely stock and I've never been off-road (there, I said it). Unless you count the pothole-strewn gravel driveway up the the shooting club we go to. I was under the impression that the nearest place I could take it off-road was several hours drive away - it's all private land around here. I should have joined this forum sooner; I'd been here five minutes before I was pointed in the direction of some much more local trails!

I'm also a girl, I love driving, I like my Jeep's nimbleness on the road and I don't have quite so many shoes
I won't have many opportunities to get offroad because there aren't any LEGAL nearby trails here.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #87
Jeeper
 
Jared66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 519
Theres no such thing as legal trails. Drive it like its stolen!
Jared66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #88
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared66 View Post
Theres no such thing as legal trails. Drive it like its stolen!
Sorry, not interested in getting a massive fine or a bullet in my ass for turfing up someone's property.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #89
Jeeper
 
asim04LJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sugar Land
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared66 View Post
Theres no such thing as legal trails. Drive it like its stolen!
asim04LJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #90
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by asim04lj View Post
x2.

Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC