Noob Questions - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Tech Forums > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-29-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lafayette Parish
Posts: 34
Noob Questions

Hi, I hope I have posted this in the correct place. I have a Wrangler Sport Unlimited 4x4 and have a few noob questions.

Of course the first question is, should I have bought the Rubi? No plans of climbing rocks and mountains (although it looks really fun), just getting it really dirty in whatever mud I can find.

Now that I know I want to get really dirty, is there any mods that I must have before doing this? Also is there a mud pack (kinda like a first aid tool kit for the Jeep) I should have?

Is a lift more of a wow that looks cool thing or something I need to do for what I want to do in it? Lift with current tires or do I need new tires first? Also I am 5'1" and already it is a bit awkward getting in and do not want to need a step ladder after a lift. Heh

What extra lights are really needed if any? This is also my daily drive so I imagine any lights added are not legal to use in town. I ask this mainly cuz hubby just ordered me a bumper light bar as a surprise and I had not thought of adding lights other than to just make it look mean.

Why did I not think of getting duo tops? Ok ya I know the answer to that, but still wished I had thought of it.

I really want black rims but think it would be best to wait until I need new tires as I would most likely put bigger tires on. What are thoughts on powder coating current ones?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice you may have.

Here is a picture of my Jeep.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mygirl.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	19713  

Unknown is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 55
i would through a lift and tires and leave it the 4 door jeeps lo good

florida boy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
I am JD & It's my Dream

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
JDsDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Peach State
Posts: 26,909
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
Hi, I hope I have posted this in the correct place. I have a Wrangler Sport Unlimited 4x4 and have a few noob questions.

Of course the first question is, should I have bought the Rubi? No plans of climbing rocks and mountains (although it looks really fun), just getting it really dirty in whatever mud I can find..
You will be fine with what you have. Take it out and have fun. You will be amazed at what your stock Jeep can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
Now that I know I want to get really dirty, is there any mods that I must have before doing this? Also is there a mud pack (kinda like a first aid tool kit for the Jeep) I should have?.
Skid plates help keep the mud out of some places and at the same time create new places for mud to hide. The only suggestion I have on this is to make sure that you get the underside and your wheels clean asap after playing in the mud. Put a water sprinkler under it and let it run for a while to clean it up. Mud in your wheels can cause a balance situation similar to DW so get them clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
Is a lift more of a wow that looks cool thing or something I need to do for what I want to do in it? Lift with current tires or do I need new tires first? Also I am 5'1" and already it is a bit awkward getting in and do not want to need a step ladder after a lift. Heh.
Again this depends on what you plan on doing in it. Light trails - no need for lift. It is really a personal choice. Depending on how high you want to take it there are other things that you have to take into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
What extra lights are really needed if any? This is also my daily drive so I imagine any lights added are not legal to use in town. I ask this mainly cuz hubby just ordered me a bumper light bar as a surprise and I had not thought of adding lights other than to just make it look mean. .
Again personal choice, none are really needed unless you plan on running trails at night. My fog lamps are enough to illuminate my peripheral at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
Why did I not think of getting duo tops? Ok ya I know the answer to that, but still wished I had thought of it.

I really want black rims but think it would be best to wait until I need new tires as I would most likely put bigger tires on. What are thoughts on powder coating current ones?.
You can powder coat your current rims, but the cragars are pretty inexpensive if you want to take the easy route.

Hope that helps.
__________________
The kind of woman that when my feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

To All Of Our Forum Veterans and Active Service Members.
Our Debt To You Is Greater Than We Could Ever Repay.
Thank You

Become a Supporting Member!
JDsDream is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lafayette Parish
Posts: 34
I looked up skid plates at Quadratec and got a page of stuff listed. Stuff for bumpers, under the Jeep, and behind the front tires. Not sure what is what there. Now a sprinkler I do know about.

There is a place near my house that powder coats rims for $35.00 a piece but they do not remove or put them back on. I would have to hire someone else to do that for me. I don't even know how to change a tire much less remove the rims.

Thank you for the advice. Looks like we will be having fun when hubby gets back from overseas without having to take out an additional loan. lol
Unknown is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
noob questions Thornicus JK General Discussion Forum 3 03-18-2010 01:04 PM
"Part Time" light will not illuminate and other noob questions. SlowSpyder General Jeep Discussion 2 01-17-2010 01:14 PM
noob with pre-purchase questions aveisone YJ Tech Forum 5 12-27-2009 10:34 AM
Newbie with typical batch of noob questions Froggy TJ General Discussion Forum 10 10-18-2009 10:38 AM
NOOb questions King of Beers TJ General Discussion Forum 7 01-02-2008 02:34 PM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC