Offical Wrangler Forum Jeep Wave Thread - Page 99 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


View Poll Results: When do you wave? (choose all that apply)
Never 3 2.07%
To All Jeeps 119 82.07%
In Return Only 11 7.59%
To All Modified Jeeps 17 11.72%
To All Offroad-equipped 4X4's 7 4.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #2941
Jeeper
 
BeTheJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Great Lakes
Posts: 18
I live in Mich. and get about 50% of waives back. It's mostly the younger kids that don't waive. Could be because I'm a lot older than them. Who knows. I will say this...it seems like every 10th cars is a Jeep now. I'm beginning to focus so much energy watching for jeeps just so I won't snub one lol

BeTheJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #2942
Jeeper
 
JReed615's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTheJeep View Post
I live in Mich. and get about 50% of waives back. It's mostly the younger kids that don't waive. Could be because I'm a lot older than them. Who knows. I will say this...it seems like every 10th cars is a Jeep now. I'm beginning to focus so much energy watching for jeeps just so I won't snub one lol
Where at in michigan? Probably not bcuz your older, but cuz your in a JK.

JReed615 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #2943
Jeeper
 
groovebus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 395
Jackpot! Last night coming back from Lowe's, I passed 5 Wranglers in a couple of minutes. About half waved, I even got a wave back from an older couple in a brand new white Sport. I get alot of waves when I have the doors off and the summer top on. I even got a thumbs up from a bunch of gang bangers in a tricked out low rider over the holiday weekend. I noticed they were checking out the tires on a lowered Mustang (poor car), then they turned and looked at my Wrangler. All I hear was, "what!? No doors!?" Then all 4 of them gave us a thumbs up. I had my wife and both daughters with me, and they waved back at them.
groovebus is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #2944
Jeeper
 
04LJmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 53
Since I'm a Harley guy and a Jeep guy, my wife gets irritated that I seem to wave at everybody without even thinking about it. I certainly put out more waves than I get coming back. Eh, what can you

I to ride a Harley, i get a kick out of watching the bikers give me a double take when i give them the bike wave out of my Jeep window.
04LJmas is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #2945
Jeeper
 
Babasnoopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hingham, MA
Posts: 136
My girlfriend has started keeping track of the returned wave percentage. I explained, CJ, yj, TJ, jk to her. I drive a 90 yj, and wave at every Jeep. The jk percentage is very poor, otherwise I'd say about 70% in my area.
Babasnoopy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #2946
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ohio
Posts: 120
Images: 1
when i have my daughters with me,they wave at every wrangler yelling " JEEP JEEP" and the other jeep always waves back..but if just me going to or from work..its about 60 to 70 % wave back..but the blond,on the phone,never does tho..
04Xtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #2947
Jeeper
 
Master P's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 37
I got my first Jeep wave today. My 7 year old son was in the back and said, "Dude, do you know that guy?"

Yes, son. Yes I do.
Master P is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #2948
Jeeper
 
SPED74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 69
its about 60% in western pa
SPED74 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #2949
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
pepatrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 614
I find the more mods that are done the more likely they wave back or initiate the wave.
__________________
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
AEV Pintlers, front and rear bumpers
GY Duratracs 33s
JW Speaker 8700s and 6145s and Recon LED Tail Lights
IPF 900XS with HID conversion
Trek Armor Seat Covers
10A Rubicon Lift
pepatrick is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2013, 01:00 AM   #2950
Jeeper
 
sesak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 42
I understand that you get people that will never wave back, or trends that you may find in who will or will not wave back. Well honestly why are we becoming SO exclusive that you cant wave to all Jeeps?? Is it SO TOUGH to throw up a hand at any Wrangler that drives by regardless of YJ, TJ, JKU, modded, stock, etc?? Maybe I'm saying this since my Jeep is still currently stock and I have a JKU which seems to be the most bitched about on this whole forum. But are we not a family??

I personally wave at ALL Jeeps I see, even if they are 5 lanes over, turning, behind me, etc. If they look at me weird for waving... fiiiiine be that way... I feel sorry for them that they either don't get what the wave is/don't feel the excitement when you do exchange waves with another Jeep!

The very first day I ever test rode a JK I had no clue what the Jeep wave was but got a wave from an orange JKU that drove by me on a back road. That was one of the clinchers on me getting my Wrangler. I love the community and I love that we can all be buds whether its mudding or parking my DD next to the other Jeep I see in the parking lot at the grocery store.

I love waving at other other Jeeps and my friends think its the coolest thing ever. Makes me proud to be a Jeeper

.... sorry so long, bit of a rant after seeing some unncessarily exclusive and angry posts about waving
sesak is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #2951
Jeeper
 
JeepinDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sandpoint, North Idaho
Posts: 183
I took the Jeep out of town for a drive today. I didn't see another Jeep for a few miles and of course when I saw the first one I was distracted and missed my wave. Oh well, I got a few TJs and a YJ while I was drinking a coffee in front of a coffee shop near my Jeep, they got it
__________________
Not tonight Joey, we'll get em another night.
JeepinDad is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #2952
Jeeper
 
JeepinDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sandpoint, North Idaho
Posts: 183
Oh, and while parked at the gas station a co-worker came up and said "I didn't know you were a Jeeper. I've got a Scrambler we should take them out!"
__________________
Not tonight Joey, we'll get em another night.
JeepinDad is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2013, 05:25 AM   #2953
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 783
I had a pretty crappy day yesterday, and on my way home from work (which is about 6 miles), I passed five Wranglers.

All five of them waved back

My day got much better.

It might sound stupid, but it was the first time I have passed that many Jeeps in one trip, much less a 6 mile trip on small side rodes, and it was the first time I got 100% reciprocation on the wave.
__________________
JKR10A - 2d, 6 speed, black / black
Ordered on 01/24/13
Acquired on 05/03/13
Aeschylus is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #2954
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 43
Before I owned a Jeep, I figured out the Jeep wave just by watching other Jeepers. When I bought my 2013 JKU, the salesman said "You know about the wave, right?" I told him I did, but then he told me that "etiquette calls for the newer Jeep in the encounter to initiate the wave, so that will be YOU for a while." I wave at all the Wranglers I see. In Southern Maryland, I'd say I get about 75% wave-backs.

I told my daughters that I noticed that the less doors/windows/tops a Jeep has, the more likely they are to wave!
HokieJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #2955
Jeeper
 
02tj-clayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: mufreesboro/nashville
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieJK View Post
Before I owned a Jeep, I figured out the Jeep wave just by watching other Jeepers. When I bought my 2013 JKU, the salesman said "You know about the wave, right?" I told him I did, but then he told me that "etiquette calls for the newer Jeep in the encounter to initiate the wave, so that will be YOU for a while." I wave at all the Wranglers I see. In Southern Maryland, I'd say I get about 75% wave-backs.

I told my daughters that I noticed that the less doors/windows/tops a Jeep has, the more likely they are to wave!
That's true here in Nashville
__________________
Jeeps made for mud
I drive a TJ and its like a second girlfriend..Always taking me to the limits of my wallet
02tj-clayton is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #2956
Jeeper
 
bilash31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Havertown
Posts: 221
I was surprised my salesman didn't say anything about it. But I already knew. I wave at every jeep.
bilash31 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #2957
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 93
Images: 3
I live in plymouth mi which is mid to upper class and when I drive my 2013 jkur around I only get about 25% around here. I get like a 90% in the richer and poorer areas. What's up with that. Mostly newer jks and jkus around here. I had a guy the other day make a turn next to me looking directly at me with my hand up, driving a twin to my billet silver rubicon just not modded and stared right at me and kept going. There is just a new generation of jeepers driving the newer jeeps these days and its going to take catching them in parking lots and setting them straight by asking them if they know or if they have sticks in there a$$es!
Detrubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #2958
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 93
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesak View Post
I understand that you get people that will never wave back, or trends that you may find in who will or will not wave back. Well honestly why are we becoming SO exclusive that you cant wave to all Jeeps?? Is it SO TOUGH to throw up a hand at any Wrangler that drives by regardless of YJ, TJ, JKU, modded, stock, etc?? Maybe I'm saying this since my Jeep is still currently stock and I have a JKU which seems to be the most bitched about on this whole forum. But are we not a family??

I personally wave at ALL Jeeps I see, even if they are 5 lanes over, turning, behind me, etc. If they look at me weird for waving... fiiiiine be that way... I feel sorry for them that they either don't get what the wave is/don't feel the excitement when you do exchange waves with another Jeep!

The very first day I ever test rode a JK I had no clue what the Jeep wave was but got a wave from an orange JKU that drove by me on a back road. That was one of the clinchers on me getting my Wrangler. I love the community and I love that we can all be buds whether its mudding or parking my DD next to the other Jeep I see in the parking lot at the grocery store.

I love waving at other other Jeeps and my friends think its the coolest thing ever. Makes me proud to be a Jeeper

.... sorry so long, bit of a rant after seeing some unncessarily exclusive and angry posts about waving
You forgot the best of them all cj's
Detrubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #2959
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 93
Images: 3
It's just stupid to exclude jeeps by type or year except for any thing that says jeep that actually isn't like Cherokee compass and all those station wagons all though the older lifted Cherokees get waves from me. People always hate the new jeeps. When yjs and tjs came out cj owners hated them. Square head lights, hideous! Rounded hard tops look retarded. The jks have come a long way with there looks and capabilities so any one that discludes them in a wave is just a hater because his jeep isn't as new.
Detrubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #2960
Jeeper
 
Lando25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Minnesota
Posts: 1,139
Not to add fuel to the fire but in Minnesota I get about 1 in every 10 waves back from JK's no matter how much they are modded. I get a lot of deer in the headlights looks from the other 9 out of 10. Its really doesn't matter though, i'll still wave no matter what.
__________________
sic vis pacem para bellum
OlllllllO
Lando25 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #2961
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
RedSurveyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 594
So yesterday I was out surveying and had to cross about 1000' of private property to get to a survey monument and had to talk to the land owner and get permission... Well there it sat. A white stock JKUR. of course I had to bs about jeeps for a 1/2 hour and asked the lady if she did the jeep wave. She didn't but promised she would from now on. One down, how many thousand to go?
__________________
RedSurveyor is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #2962
Jeeper
 
dadrunamok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieJK View Post
Before I owned a Jeep, I figured out the Jeep wave just by watching other Jeepers. When I bought my 2013 JKU, the salesman said "You know about the wave, right?" I told him I did, but then he told me that "etiquette calls for the newer Jeep in the encounter to initiate the wave, so that will be YOU for a while."

I wave at all the Wranglers I see. In Southern Maryland, I'd say I get about 75% wave-backs.
I say just wave. I don't have time to try to figure out whether somebody's rig is older or newer than mine to determine whether or not I should be offended that the "junior Jeeper" didn't wave first (of course, if it's a TJ or a YJ or a CJ it's obvious). If your rig has seven bumper slots and I like it, I'll wave. And if it's in the Willys/CJ/Wrangler family, I like it by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieJK View Post
I told my daughters that I noticed that the less doors/windows/tops a Jeep has, the more likely they are to wave!
Man, that's true. The better the weather, the more likely you are to get a wave back. Even the soccer moms in their buttoned-up, air-conditioned JKU Saharas wave occasionally when the weather is nice.
__________________
I didn't do it. Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove anything.
dadrunamok is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #2963
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 93
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSurveyor View Post
So yesterday I was out surveying and had to cross about 1000' of private property to get to a survey monument and had to talk to the land owner and get permission... Well there it sat. A white stock JKUR. of course I had to bs about jeeps for a 1/2 hour and asked the lady if she did the jeep wave. She didn't but promised she would from now on. One down, how many thousand to go?
Lol that's awsome! Spread the word! Educate the oblivious!
Detrubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #2964
Jeeper
 
redbilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 264
My wife and I are making a topless trip to a lake in Southern Ohio today. Hoping for a lot of waves!
redbilly is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #2965
Jeeper
 
JackedUpMedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 150
I've had my JKU for about 10 days now. I try to wave to every jeep I see, as of today I've only gotten one wave back.....

Never give up, never surrender.....
JackedUpMedic is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #2966
Jeeper
 
Babasnoopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hingham, MA
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbilly View Post
My wife and I are making a topless trip to a lake in Southern Ohio today. Hoping for a lot of waves!
If your wife is topless, I'm sure you'll get plenty of waves!!
Babasnoopy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #2967
Jeeper
 
Jeepsk8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: N Central Texas
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babasnoopy View Post
If your wife is topless, I'm sure you'll get plenty of waves!!
Ok, now that's kind of funny
Jeepsk8 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #2968
Jeeper
 
Anaconda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Where the fun is
Posts: 190
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsk8 View Post
Ok, now that's kind of funny
Not just funny but true.
Anaconda is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #2969
Jeeper
 
MN05Wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando25 View Post
Not to add fuel to the fire but in Minnesota I get about 1 in every 10 waves back from JK's no matter how much they are modded. I get a lot of deer in the headlights looks from the other 9 out of 10. Its really doesn't matter though, i'll still wave no matter what.
Part of the problem this year is the weather in MN. I have hardly had my windows open, top off once. Makes it hard to see the wave when you are all cooped up inside

But I still try and keep an eye out. My kids always ask "Do you know that person?" To which I answer, "He (or she) drives a Jeep, must be an OK person"
MN05Wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #2970
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ohio
Posts: 120
Images: 1
i have notice..with doors off a low hand out the door hole wave will get the cars behind you to scoot over in the lane to see how you are getting your hand out so low..haa..and you have to wave at the car next to you at the light who is stairng at you trying to figure out how you got the doors off..
and do you get nodds and waves from cops?..when i got the doors off they seem to wave at me..its cool..just used to getting a diffrent responce from an officer..lol

04Xtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
arctic , badge , bigfoot , custom , decal , jeep , jeep wave , lettering , snow , sticker , vinyl , wave , yeti

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do i have to acknowledge... #12 General Jeep Discussion 103 04-12-2014 10:18 AM
rebuilding your engine?? Get Stroked!!! jeeper95yj YJ General Discussion Forum 6 01-01-2014 04:47 PM
Don't ditch the Jeep thread!!! tobycat1 TJ General Discussion Forum 29 07-25-2008 12:13 PM
2004 Jeep Wrangler X ray914 New York Jeep Forum 10 01-30-2008 09:55 PM
The 411 on the New 2006 Jeep Wrangler jeeptales TJ General Discussion Forum 16 08-15-2005 11:46 PM



» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.



Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC