Oh my God, are you kidding me - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
tazmann910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 2,143
Send a message via AIM to tazmann910 Send a message via Yahoo to tazmann910
Oh my God, are you kidding me

You guys are not going to beleive this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-...QQcmdZViewItem

__________________
03 TJ with a bunch of upgrades...
Off The Map 4 Wheel Drive Club.
tazmann910 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Odd is he's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 668
Send a message via AIM to Odd is he
oh fawk yeah I'd rock it......


I'd would be at every "car" show parked right next the honda civics!


I like it though, but i doesnt has much purpose besides going to "car" shows

__________________
Currently not a Jeep owner.

Taking a break from the "jeep thing"
Odd is he is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
lost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ɹǝʌo dılɟ Miami,FL
Posts: 2,167
the only thing i like is the gumbo mudders.

the rest
__________________
74'cj5: 360v8, d30, d44, 32"BFG a/t's
73'cj5: 258, d30, d44
00'tj:242
lost is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
MCG
Jeeper
 
MCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tampa
Posts: 541
Too much chrome for my taste.
But it might be fun to drive it.
__________________
2000 Sahara
MCG is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 12:33 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
tazmann910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 2,143
Send a message via AIM to tazmann910 Send a message via Yahoo to tazmann910
I cannot beleive that it has 5 shocks on each wheel.
__________________
03 TJ with a bunch of upgrades...
Off The Map 4 Wheel Drive Club.
tazmann910 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 12:35 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
sgnellett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Under a sheet of ice, you know, from Global Warming!
Posts: 2,949
Can you say overkill!?

Talk about an over built trailer queen!
__________________
SGNellett, 02 TJ "LUCY" 3" BDS w/ quick disco's, 33x12.5x15's on Chrome Steel Tailgunners, K&N CAI, Tomkens front & rear w/ swing away tire carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
And the most important safety, I never put my booger hook on the bang switch unless I'm ready to fire.
sgnellett is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 12:37 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
sgnellett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Under a sheet of ice, you know, from Global Warming!
Posts: 2,949
I think this is his other listing!

__________________
SGNellett, 02 TJ "LUCY" 3" BDS w/ quick disco's, 33x12.5x15's on Chrome Steel Tailgunners, K&N CAI, Tomkens front & rear w/ swing away tire carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
And the most important safety, I never put my booger hook on the bang switch unless I'm ready to fire.
sgnellett is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 12:39 PM   #8
Happy Holidays

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
distortedtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: yep right there.
Posts: 21,378
Send a message via Yahoo to distortedtj
not much too say
distortedtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #9
Hacks off Parts while Lit
 
whitebuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Sandhills of South Texas
Posts: 2,290
thats the biggest piece of crap ive seen. and trust me, mine is held together with duct tape and bailing wire. why in the hell would you put double leaf springs? and if you did full hydro steering in the rear, why would you do this ghetto crap up front?
__________________
'90 YJ, ford 8.8, SOA, lincoln front, aussie rear, 4.88s, swampers.
whitebuffalo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #10
Hacks off Parts while Lit
 
whitebuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Sandhills of South Texas
Posts: 2,290
i knew id seen this before! it was on the scary steering page as an ebay auction years ago.

midway on page http://128.83.80.200/taco/scarysteering7.html
__________________
'90 YJ, ford 8.8, SOA, lincoln front, aussie rear, 4.88s, swampers.
whitebuffalo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
cherokee980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tomball Texas
Posts: 2,854
I think I just threw up in my mouff a little!!!
__________________
you sure gots a Purdy mouff boy!
cherokee980 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #12
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
 
Dare2BSquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Driving Around Arkansas In My Black XJ
Posts: 6,177
The blingometer just pegged out!!!
__________________
99 XJ Sport
4.0l
AW4
NP231
d30/C8.25
3" Skyjacker lift
31 x 10.50 General Grabbers


http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...are/TMLogo.gif Are all fishermen liars, or do only liars fish?
Dare2BSquare is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
TeeJay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 583
....gross
__________________
Jeep: Pioneered by a war, popularized by AMC, revived by Chrysler, jacked by some Germans, and copied by all.
TeeJay is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Walkeraviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,084
the only think on it i like is 4 wheel steer...
Walkeraviator is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 02:01 PM   #15
MoA
Jeeper
 
MoA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: kokomo indiana
Posts: 2,927
theres a red one in town EXACTLY like that.. the guy shows up to car shows here all the time, he has air ride on his and crap.. except his isnt as bunk as that one.. with all its retarded shocks and stabilizers on it
__________________
99 sahara :: 2'' coils (front), jks acos f&r, jks front trackbar, jks bl/mml, RE monotube shocks, hp30/d44, 33'' procomp mts, 15x8 eagle alloy 187s, hella optilux fogs, raingler nets, & more random junk::

06 charger r/t :: 5.7l hemi w/ flipstick, tinted windows, leather heated seats, 2 kenwood 12s =D my new baby ::
MoA is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 02:07 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
txjcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Posts: 61
Too bad he put all that time and money into something so USELESS
__________________
I'D RATHER BE WHEELING
txjcb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
rketr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 870
Per their writeup, they put > 26 < shocks under that thing???

Too much $$$...
rketr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2007, 04:50 PM   #18
MCG
Jeeper
 
MCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tampa
Posts: 541
It's that welding????
Looks more like a bad caulk job than a Welding job.
That thing really makes me mad!!!

__________________
2000 Sahara
MCG is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
KicknJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: with 2 Jeeps in the garage...
Posts: 557
Images: 2
Send a message via Yahoo to KicknJeep
I kinda like it
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Can't believe I said that with a straight face
__________________
99 Solar Yellow Sport

1976 CJ two seater-
[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...0613092028.jpg[/IMG]
KicknJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCG View Post
That thing really makes me mad!!!
Why?
Not to stir the pot but...ah hell, why lie, I like stirring the pot
Why are you all so worked up over this?
They didn't steal your ride and there are plenty more Jeeps out there for you to build however you like.
There's no reason to bash somebody else's use of time and money. If whoever built it liked it, more power to em.
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-21-2007, 03:17 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
Odhinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
Why?
Not to stir the pot but...ah hell, why lie, I like stirring the pot
Why are you all so worked up over this?
They didn't steal your ride and there are plenty more Jeeps out there for you to build however you like.
There's no reason to bash somebody else's use of time and money. If whoever built it liked it, more power to em.
It is common for people to believe that their own way of modifying Jeeps is the only proper way of doing it. I guess it could be considered a mild form of ethnocentrism. My personal view of modifications stems from my past experiences. Bling-Bling does NOT make a vehicle more capable or faster, but someone may like the shiny over dependability, durability, and functionality. Also I would like to add that arguing with a truck driver named skeeter is a lost cause and banging your head on a brick wall would produce better results.
__________________
Recently returned from the Jeep Dead.
and
Proud daddy to a New baby Jeep Girl.
Odhinn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-21-2007, 03:30 PM   #22
MCG
Jeeper
 
MCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tampa
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
Why?
Not to stir the pot but...ah hell, why lie, I like stirring the pot
Why are you all so worked up over this?
They didn't steal your ride and there are plenty more Jeeps out there for you to build however you like.
There's no reason to bash somebody else's use of time and money. If whoever built it liked it, more power to em.
I was talking about the welding!!

Like I said before to much Chrome for my taste.
__________________
2000 Sahara
MCG is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-21-2007, 11:30 PM   #23
amy
Kalashnikitty

WF Supporting Member
 
amy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Spokane wa
Posts: 5,580
Send a message via Yahoo to amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odhinn View Post
It is common for people to believe that their own way of modifying Jeeps is the only proper way of doing it. I guess it could be considered a mild form of ethnocentrism. My personal view of modifications stems from my past experiences. Bling-Bling does NOT make a vehicle more capable or faster, but someone may like the shiny over dependability, durability, and functionality.
I agree. Some people have the attitude of, "Everyone is entitled to MY opinion!"

Quote:
Also I would like to add that arguing with a truck driver named skeeter is a lost cause and banging your head on a brick wall would produce better results.
You know him too well. For his siggy, he sometimes uses "Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig, in the mud. Eventually, you'll discover the pig enjoys it."
__________________
Good girls go to Heaven. Jeep girls go where ever they want.
amy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-22-2007, 12:13 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCG View Post
I was talking about the welding!!

Like I said before to much Chrome for my taste.
Fine, but why would it make you angry? you didn't pay the welder did you?
It just looks like people are getting all worked up over something that has no bearing on their lives.
I don't see the point in bashing somebody else's rig whether you like it or not, it does no harm to you that it exists and perhaps makes it's owner happy.
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-22-2007, 12:15 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odhinn View Post
It is common for people to believe that their own way of modifying Jeeps is the only proper way of doing it. I guess it could be considered a mild form of ethnocentrism. My personal view of modifications stems from my past experiences. Bling-Bling does NOT make a vehicle more capable or faster, but someone may like the shiny over dependability, durability, and functionality. Also I would like to add that arguing with a truck driver named skeeter is a lost cause and banging your head on a brick wall would produce better results.
No fair using those big words


I see I've developed a reputation...
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-22-2007, 10:33 AM   #26
Jeeper
 
George T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Utica
Posts: 547
Send a message via AIM to George T.
I think it makes him mad for the same reason stuffing with too much onions in it makes me mad; its his own preference.

He doesnt like the Jeep just as you dont like how he posts about not liking the Jeep. Its really the same and futile to question it. He didnt bash the rig, he just said that it has too much chrome for his own preference and that the welding makes him mad. Bashing is more along the lines of that rig is demented because its ugly, serves no purpose and was complete waste of money. He even said it might be fun to dirve (which I think so myself; maybe roll over a few more hondas civics with fart cans on them ).

I dont know.
__________________
'94 YJ H.O.
Inline-6, 5 speed
3.5 in. lift
upgraded header/exhaust
George T. is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-22-2007, 10:59 AM   #27
Jeeper
 
sgnellett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Under a sheet of ice, you know, from Global Warming!
Posts: 2,949
Whoever built that is free to spend his money in whatever fashion suits him, I'm just glad that thing isn't on the road near me, it doesn't look safe!
__________________
SGNellett, 02 TJ "LUCY" 3" BDS w/ quick disco's, 33x12.5x15's on Chrome Steel Tailgunners, K&N CAI, Tomkens front & rear w/ swing away tire carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
And the most important safety, I never put my booger hook on the bang switch unless I'm ready to fire.
sgnellett is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-22-2007, 11:59 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by George T. View Post
I think it makes him mad for the same reason stuffing with too much onions in it makes me mad; its his own preference.

He doesnt like the Jeep just as you dont like how he posts about not liking the Jeep.
I don't honestly care what he posts about that Jeep. The only reason I quoted him is because he said it makes him mad. I'm genuinely curious as to why someone else's rig would engender any type of emotional reaction.


Quote:
Its really the same and futile to question it.
No, it's never futile to study human reaction, you never know when the information you glean may come in handy.
Mostly I do it for entertainment value but perhaps I could learn something to help me sell a vehicle in the future.
Quote:
He didnt bash the rig, he just said that it has too much chrome for his own preference and that the welding makes him mad. Bashing is more along the lines of that rig is demented because its ugly, serves no purpose and was complete waste of money. He even said it might be fun to dirve (which I think so myself; maybe roll over a few more hondas civics with fart cans on them ).

I dont know.
Again, the only reason I specifically quoted MCG is because he said it made him mad. I was interested in why he would have an emotional reaction to it. the whole thread is about bashing that Jeep and it seems a few people have very strong negative feelings about it but I honestly don't understand why.
It's not particularly appealing to me either but it's not something I would generally even consider commenting on.
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-22-2007, 12:59 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
lost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ɹǝʌo dılɟ Miami,FL
Posts: 2,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCG
That thing really makes me mad!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
Why?
Not to stir the pot but...ah hell, why lie, I like stirring the pot
Why are you all so worked up over this?
They didn't steal your ride and there are plenty more Jeeps out there for you to build however you like.
There's no reason to bash somebody else's use of time and money. If whoever built it liked it, more power to em.
i think MCG's mad because hes jealous of it
__________________
74'cj5: 360v8, d30, d44, 32"BFG a/t's
73'cj5: 258, d30, d44
00'tj:242
lost is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-22-2007, 01:33 PM   #30
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
 
Dare2BSquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Driving Around Arkansas In My Black XJ
Posts: 6,177
Well, it's nothing to get worked up about.

Different strokes... and all.

Besides, the entertainment value on numerous forums and at car shows may make it worth it to whoever built it.

__________________
99 XJ Sport
4.0l
AW4
NP231
d30/C8.25
3" Skyjacker lift
31 x 10.50 General Grabbers


http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...are/TMLogo.gif Are all fishermen liars, or do only liars fish?
Dare2BSquare is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google Reader.. Are you kidding me? JCS05Rubi Off-Topic 2 08-18-2008 10:02 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me... George T. Off-Topic 10 05-01-2008 09:02 PM
Gotta Be Kidding MNPHINZ Off-Topic 9 04-26-2008 10:13 PM
Jack on the Rocks! jeeptales On The Trail 4 04-09-2008 07:02 PM
a problem...............(I got another jeep) lost General Jeep Discussion 13 09-17-2007 06:32 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC