First are you looking to do a temporary paint job or one that is going to last?
If you are looking for a quick fix, here is what is suggest to do.
1) Tape off all glass
2) Take a wax & grease remover and whip it down.
3) Then take a 600 grit wet sand paper and sand down the top until there is no more shine in the clearcoat.
4) whip down with wax and grease remover a second time
5) get black (acrylic enamel paint) in spray bombs/cans. This is a one stage paint and does not need to be cleared. Spray the top and let dry.
6) Sand lightly with 1500 grit wet sand paper then do the same with 2000grit and then buff.
7) Wa La new top
If you need more information feel free to ask. This was just a half arse write up to help ya out.