Picking font for Jeep name vinyl - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #1
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Barmanvarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 5,021
Picking font for Jeep name vinyl

To you graphics/font gurus out there......

After 2 years of debate, I finally decided to name my rig "Scallywag". We have a guy in our local group that prints vinyl graphics for a great price. I just need to decide what font to use when ordering the vinyl for each side of my hood.

I don't want to use the standard block lettering as I'd prefer to be more original. That being said, I don't want something so crazy that it's difficult to read.

I've been looking around and different fonts that have a more "pirate" feel to them....something that looks more like the writing you'd see on an old treasure map that was written with a quill, but I haven't found anything that looks good yet.

I'm looking for suggestions if anyone has anything in mind that they thing would look good.

thanks in advance

__________________
-Brian
2012 Cherry Red JK
TF 2.5 Coils w/ Billstein 5100 Shocks
17x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloys
315/70/17 GY Duratracs
4:56 Gears - LSD in Rear w/ Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
TF HD Diff Covers
Barmanvarn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Ruby Tuesday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmanvarn View Post
To you graphics/font gurus out there...... After 2 years of debate, I finally decided to name my rig "Scallywag". We have a guy in our local group that prints vinyl graphics for a great price. I just need to decide what font to use when ordering the vinyl for each side of my hood. I don't want to use the standard block lettering as I'd prefer to be more original. That being said, I don't want something so crazy that it's difficult to read. I've been looking around and different fonts that have a more "pirate" feel to them....something that looks more like the writing you'd see on an old treasure map that was written with a quill, but I haven't found anything that looks good yet. I'm looking for suggestions if anyone has anything in mind that they thing would look good. thanks in advance
I spent hours looking at different fonts before I found one I liked ..I suggest you do the same .."http://www.dafont.com

Ruby Tuesday is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-21-2014, 11:00 PM   #3
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Barmanvarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 5,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Tuesday View Post
I spent hours looking at different fonts before I found one I liked ..I suggest you do the same .."http://www.dafont.com
I hear ya. I've looked at so many fonts that my head is spinning.
__________________
-Brian
2012 Cherry Red JK
TF 2.5 Coils w/ Billstein 5100 Shocks
17x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloys
315/70/17 GY Duratracs
4:56 Gears - LSD in Rear w/ Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
TF HD Diff Covers
Barmanvarn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-21-2014, 11:59 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Ruby Tuesday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby tuesday View Post
i spent hours looking at different fonts before i found one i liked ..i suggest you do the same .."http://www.dafont.com
Kinda hard to see but it's what I decided on....been thinking of changing it again lol
Got the "wrangler" in the same font and color to match

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4210917873.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	690793
Ruby Tuesday is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2014, 09:20 AM   #5
Check Bounced

WF Supporting Member
 
Raoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 402
First decide if you want all Caps or Upper & lowercase.
If you choose upper/lower it will affect the overall size.
The capital 'S' along with the 'y' and 'g' hanging below the 'line' will make the other letters much smaller.

Even if you choose the same letter height with every font choice, the overall length of the word can change.

I got lucky and found a font that appeared to wrap the name in railroad tracks.

Good luck.
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6032.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	691257
Raoul is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2014, 09:24 AM   #6
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
lee indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 5,269
the rubicon font is readily available.
__________________



LeeIndy's Build Thread
lee indy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #7
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Barmanvarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 5,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul View Post
First decide if you want all Caps or Upper & lowercase.
If you choose upper/lower it will affect the overall size.
The capital 'S' along with the 'y' and 'g' hanging below the 'line' will make the other letters much smaller.

Even if you choose the same letter height with every font choice, the overall length of the word can change.

I got lucky and found a font that appeared to wrap the name in railroad tracks.

Good luck.
Attachment 691257
Looks good!

I agree with what you said and am already doing that.....I created a document that lists font name and then has my Jeep name in that font in both upper and lower case. I found that I like upper or lower depending on the font. Some make the lower "g" look like a "y" so that definitely won't work.

__________________
-Brian
2012 Cherry Red JK
TF 2.5 Coils w/ Billstein 5100 Shocks
17x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloys
315/70/17 GY Duratracs
4:56 Gears - LSD in Rear w/ Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
TF HD Diff Covers
Barmanvarn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC