Quick fix for Bestop Trek NX - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Tech Forums > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
08JJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 211
Images: 2
I was riding home the other day with my op flipped open. When I got out to get gas I noticed the top was about to fall off! One of the little quick release pins had fell off. Never fear, a drill and a $2 clevis spring pin you can pick up at any Lowes or Home Depot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3621253783.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	291387

08JJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
OIIIIIO

WF Supporting Member
 
T2000J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 887
Lol I did just about the same thing couple months ago to my super top NX
Some Quality parts bestop sells I also had to redo my Knuckles .
It's a shame these Companies do not care about anything but taking your money no pride anymore .

I got 2 I'm ready for the other side to fall apart lol

__________________


JEEP WRANGLER
T2000J is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
08JJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 211
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2000J View Post
Lol I did just about the same thing couple months ago to my super top NX
Some Quality parts bestop sells I also had to redo my Knuckles .
It's a shame these Companies do not care about anything but taking your money no pride anymore .

I got 2 I'm ready for the other side to fall apart lol
I did both at the same time...all the tools were out. I wrote bestop and they said to call them for help. By the time they would understand the problem I was done!
08JJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
erickpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,300
Send a message via AIM to erickpl
You have the original design for those hinges. A friend has one and had the same problem. Contacted Bestop and they sent out new door surrounds and arms with the pin mounted differently. Made a huge difference. If you bought it less than 2 years ago, you should be able to have that fixed properly under warranty.
__________________
-Paul

-97 TJ with a few mods. PM with questions.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...reenjeep2a.jpg
erickpl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #5
OIIIIIO

WF Supporting Member
 
T2000J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
You have the original design for those hinges. A friend has one and had the same problem. Contacted Bestop and they sent out new door surrounds and arms with the pin mounted differently. Made a huge difference. If you bought it less than 2 years ago, you should be able to have that fixed properly under warranty.
I tried for both the knuckles and the sun rider pin and they told me they never heard of that and I must have installed it wrong . She was very rude about the whole complaint I was not fighting with her . This is why I'm not pleased with theses big name companies they charge high dolor for junk then make you the customer out to be a ass in the wrong .
I've read before I called that they knew about the knuckles and had replacements that's why I called and also told her about what happened with the sun rider quick release witch I didn't know they had a fix for till now .
People wonder why our economy is heading down the craper
__________________


JEEP WRANGLER
T2000J is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
08JJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 211
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2000J View Post

I tried for both the knuckles and the sun rider pin and they told me they never heard of that and I must have installed it wrong . She was very rude about the whole complaint I was not fighting with her . This is why I'm not pleased with theses big name companies they charge high dolor for junk then make you the customer out to be a ass in the wrong .
I've read before I called that they knew about the knuckles and had replacements that's why I called and also told her about what happened with the sun rider quick release witch I didn't know they had a fix for till now .
People wonder why our economy is heading down the craper
Like I said, good old American fixing, beats those pos spring loaded hooks and the hour on the phone arguing with someone that knows nothing.....btw, top is a week old and had the new style...didn't fix shit, the screw into the holder worked its way loose and fell off....I found the backside in the floor. The spring pin obviously found it way into someone's window on the highway at 70mph. Who'd a thunk a hillbilly fix would be 1000 times better than a china rigged $700 pos?
08JJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
erickpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,300
Send a message via AIM to erickpl
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2000J View Post
I tried for both the knuckles and the sun rider pin and they told me they never heard of that and I must have installed it wrong . She was very rude about the whole complaint I was not fighting with her . This is why I'm not pleased with theses big name companies they charge high dolor for junk then make you the customer out to be a ass in the wrong .
I've read before I called that they knew about the knuckles and had replacements that's why I called and also told her about what happened with the sun rider quick release witch I didn't know they had a fix for till now .
People wonder why our economy is heading down the craper
I sent photos. One pic of the good side and one of the bad side. Pretty much spelled it out what happened. Sometimes the terminology I'll use is different from what they know it as internally.

If you're not wanting to deal with them, then just get a drill bit, hit up Home Depot, and fashion a different solution. Parts to fix shouldn't be more than a few $$.
__________________
-Paul

-97 TJ with a few mods. PM with questions.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...reenjeep2a.jpg
erickpl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
OIIIIIO

WF Supporting Member
 
T2000J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 887
I fixed them awhile back about a hour after I got off the phone with best top being they where not going to help me ....

I just must have installed it wrong LOL !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2950766776.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	309089   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2493557577.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	309097  


__________________


JEEP WRANGLER
T2000J is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC