Russians making 4-doors for 30 years - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Labrador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 29
Russians making 4-doors for 30 years

Just google UAZ... It's a Russian copycat.
Here's some pics. When i was little, my father had one of these...










Labrador is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Odhinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,147
Did the russians come up with anything origional? Even the AK-47 was copied from a WW2 German design.

__________________
Recently returned from the Jeep Dead.
and
Proud daddy to a New baby Jeep Girl.
Odhinn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
amy
Kalashnikitty

WF Supporting Member
 
amy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Spokane wa
Posts: 5,580
Send a message via Yahoo to amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odhinn View Post
Did the russians come up with anything origional? Even the AK-47 was copied from a WW2 German design.
Well, yes and no. The StG44 was the first "assault weapon" but the AK-47 was mechanically very different.
__________________
Good girls go to Heaven. Jeep girls go where ever they want.
amy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,869
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
It's a Russian copy of what? it looks more like an International Scout than a Jeep.




I love having a wife who's into guns n Jeeps
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2007, 01:47 PM   #5
Topless & Dirty

WF Supporting Member
 
OdhinnsChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 981
Send a message via MSN to OdhinnsChick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odhinn View Post
Did the russians come up with anything origional? Even the AK-47 was copied from a WW2 German design.
vodka?
__________________

OdhinnsChick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2007, 01:49 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Odhinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy View Post
Well, yes and no. The StG44 was the first "assault weapon" but the AK-47 was mechanically very different.

Very true, And it is nice to see someone else who knows about AK's.
__________________
Recently returned from the Jeep Dead.
and
Proud daddy to a New baby Jeep Girl.
Odhinn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2007, 02:38 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Labrador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
It's a Russian copy of what? it looks more like an International Scout than a Jeep.




I love having a wife who's into guns n Jeeps
During WW2 the US helped russians fight Germans with all kind of things,
including Willys... After a while they came up with UAZ
Russians do copy a lot of things, like VAZ is a copy of Fiat
Labrador is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2007, 03:25 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
lost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ɹǝʌo dılɟ Miami,FL
Posts: 2,165
looks like a mailbox b/w the driver-side doors
__________________
74'cj5: 360v8, d30, d44, 32"BFG a/t's
73'cj5: 258, d30, d44
00'tj:242
lost is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Seryoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 158
Send a message via Skype™ to Seryoga
A copycat? Of what? Jeep? You are kidding, right?

Please dont get me started on this "copycat" subject.

Here is a link to the History of UAZ Vehicles page: http://www.uazbuka.ru/history.htm

Its in Russian, but its ok. If you have any questions ask me, and i'll translate for you. Scroll down to ГАЗ-69 (GAZ-69) and take a close look at the pic and the dates (1954г.- 1972г.)

Also take a look at УАЗ-3171 (UAZ-3171) which was made in early 90s, way before H2, and tell me who "copycat" what and from whom.

Thank you, i rest my case.
Seryoga is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2007, 03:46 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Labrador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seryoga View Post
A copycat? Of what? Jeep? You are kidding, right?

Please dont get me started on this "copycat" subject.

Here is a link to the History of UAZ Vehicles page: http://www.uazbuka.ru/history.htm

Its in Russian, but its ok. If you have any questions ask me, and i'll translate for you. Scroll down to ГАЗ-69 (GAZ-69) and take a close look at the pic and the dates (1954г.- 1972г.)

Also take a look at УАЗ-3171 (UAZ-3171) which was made in early 90s, way before H2, and tell me who "copycat" what and from whom.

Thank you, i rest my case.
Серёга, успокойся. Скопировали как пить дать!
Давай лучше встретемся и пивка попьём?
DJK-120@comcast.net
Labrador is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2007, 03:46 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Seryoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 158
Send a message via Skype™ to Seryoga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odhinn View Post
Did the russians come up with anything origional? Even the AK-47 was copied from a WW2 German design.
I'm sorry, but you are sooo wrong. AK-47 has nothing in common with German MP-44 aka StG-44 except for looks of the mag, front sight, and being gas operated, yet still different action, AK uses a rotating bolt with 2 lugs, and StG-44 uses a tilting bolt.
Seryoga is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2007, 03:49 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Seryoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 158
Send a message via Skype™ to Seryoga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrador View Post
Серёга, успокойся. Скопировали как пить дать!
Давай лучше встретемся и пивка попьём?
DJK-120@comcast.net
ROFL, I sent you a PM.
Seryoga is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2007, 03:53 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Seryoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 158
Send a message via Skype™ to Seryoga
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy View Post
Well, yes and no. The StG44 was the first "assault weapon" but the AK-47 was mechanically very different.
A girl that knows about cars, and guns, and has both = PERFECT WOMEN
Seryoga is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2007, 04:00 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,869
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seryoga View Post
A girl that knows about cars, and guns, and has both = PERFECT WOMEN
She may not be perfect but she's alot of fun
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2007, 07:23 PM   #15
IITYWTMWYBMAB

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
4Jeepn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Florence, KY
Posts: 9,875
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seryoga View Post

Also take a look at УАЗ-3171 (UAZ-3171) which was made in early 90s, way before H2, and tell me who "copycat" what and from whom.

Thank you, i rest my case.
Looks like a sammy to me...
__________________
79.96.85.00.01.97.00.97.93.97.95.94
CJ.XJ.CJ. TJ. TJ.ZJ. TJ.TJ. ZJ.ZJ.YJ. XJ
4Jeepn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-01-2007, 03:21 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
foxinthemudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: oregon
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
She may not be perfect but she's alot of fun
just don't tell her she's not perfect scout, she may have your ass
__________________
Keepin the peace.

The difference between sport and combat is that in combat you bury the one who comes in second.

THANK YOU VETS!
foxinthemudd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-01-2007, 03:23 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,869
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
Scout?
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-01-2007, 04:06 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
foxinthemudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: oregon
Posts: 2,708
I do have a question tho... if this thing has been around for thirty years...just how is it a copycat?
__________________
Keepin the peace.

The difference between sport and combat is that in combat you bury the one who comes in second.

THANK YOU VETS!
foxinthemudd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-01-2007, 06:04 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
Odhinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seryoga View Post
I'm sorry, but you are sooo wrong. AK-47 has nothing in common with German MP-44 aka StG-44 except for looks of the mag, front sight, and being gas operated, yet still different action, AK uses a rotating bolt with 2 lugs, and StG-44 uses a tilting bolt.
I bow to your magnificence. I was under the impression that Kalashnikov disigned the AK based on the STG-44. Thats what I have read and watched before. I personally have no problem with russian weapons as I have five 47's(4 stamped and 1 machined), one 74, 2 SKS's, and 1 WW2 Issued mosin nagant M91/30. 47's and 74's are the best battlefield assault rifles IMO and won't jam if you get them to close to a cloud of dust.

I do believe that the Russians take a generally good design and improve it to their needs. My statement was purely tongue and cheek.

The russian 4 door does look alot more like an old Scout or the lines of the landcruiser though. The Russians had the first 4 door for sure. Just my opinion of coarse.
__________________
Recently returned from the Jeep Dead.
and
Proud daddy to a New baby Jeep Girl.
Odhinn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-01-2007, 06:22 AM   #20
Jeeper
 
Odhinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odhinn View Post
I bow to your magnificence. I was under the impression that Kalashnikov disigned the AK based on the STG-44. Thats what I have read and watched before. I personally have no problem with russian weapons as I have five 47's(4 stamped and 1 machined), one 74, 2 SKS's, and 1 WW2 Issued mosin nagant M91/30. 47's and 74's are the best battlefield assault rifles IMO and won't jam if you get them to close to a cloud of dust.

I do believe that the Russians take a generally good design and improve it to their needs. My statement was purely tongue and cheek.

The russian 4 door does look alot more like an old Scout or the lines of the landcruiser though. The Russians had the first 4 door for sure. Just my opinion of coarse.
Correction Landrover not landcruiser.
__________________
Recently returned from the Jeep Dead.
and
Proud daddy to a New baby Jeep Girl.
Odhinn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-01-2007, 09:19 AM   #21
IITYWTMWYBMAB

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
4Jeepn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Florence, KY
Posts: 9,875
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odhinn View Post

The russian 4 door does look alot more like an old Scout or the lines of the landcruiser though. The Russians had the first 4 door for sure. Just my opinion of coarse.
Um..cough...WC-56..cough...dodge... 4dr....just my opinion. and this one is taken in the ussr to boot....lol
__________________
79.96.85.00.01.97.00.97.93.97.95.94
CJ.XJ.CJ. TJ. TJ.ZJ. TJ.TJ. ZJ.ZJ.YJ. XJ
4Jeepn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-01-2007, 09:22 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
Odhinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,147

I suffer from foot in mouth disease. Headed to take my meds again.
__________________
Recently returned from the Jeep Dead.
and
Proud daddy to a New baby Jeep Girl.
Odhinn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-01-2007, 11:45 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Richland, WA
Posts: 262
If you think this is a B-29.......



.....think again. It's a Russian TU-4 and it is a direct copy of a B-29. Here is a link to the story of how the Russians stole 3 B-29s.

Stolen B-29s

This is one of the little known stories of WWII.
__________________
4X4s on the Net

"At what point, then, is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher."

Abraham Lincoln - The Lyceum Address 1838
hutchman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-02-2007, 10:30 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Arizona's White Mountains
Posts: 227
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness........That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government........" July 4, 1776

Wouldn't it be wonderful if people today actually believed this and were willing to act upon it?
Grandpa Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-02-2007, 10:36 AM   #25
Topless & Dirty

WF Supporting Member
 
OdhinnsChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 981
Send a message via MSN to OdhinnsChick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Jeeper View Post
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness........That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government........" July 4, 1776

Wouldn't it be wonderful if people today actually believed this and were willing to act upon it?
Couldn't agree more. But what does that have to do with jeeps? =P

__________________

OdhinnsChick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
half doors tiny terror TJ General Discussion Forum 24 11-05-2012 09:39 PM
Meet Cory the well driller (political) skeeter Off-Topic 5 10-30-2008 02:54 PM
1/2 doors for JK rbtp JK General Discussion Forum 3 03-22-2008 11:45 PM
Half Doors MrHumpty JK General Discussion Forum 7 03-11-2008 02:07 PM
87 wrangler steel doors Crzy4harly YJ General Discussion Forum 5 06-06-2005 10:18 AM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC