So I bought my Jeep just this year, used 2002 X/TJ. I decided to go off roading for my first time, and admittedly got a little too rowdy. About 3 quarters of the way through the trail I decided to go pretty fast and I already went through some pretty deep mud puddles.
I heard some rattling and we checked it out, decided it was the shock and that the best thing to do would be get to the highway. Here's what we found later that night (about and hour ago).
From what it seems, the shock absorber slipped off of something rubber (I am very Jeep illiterate). Can anyone help me diagnose/suggest a fix for this? Or do I just need new shocks? Either way I am doing a 2,000 mi road trip on the 16th so I have to act fast.