Well, I did a test on the inside of the gate with positive results, so I decided to give it a try. I used Rust-oleum Truck Bed Coating. I ran into a problem in the middle of each can, the product stopped spraying with half the product still in the can. I got frustrated at first as it did this with every can, my solution, turn the can upside down and it worked perfect. It took a total of 8 cans with 3 coats. Prep was simple, clean with soap and water, and use a Scotch Brite to lightly scuff the surface. Adhesion was awesome and drying time was about 30 minutes between coats, total drying time was 30 minutes at the longest. Sets up good and hard. I tried different methods of aplication and found that the farther away from the body yielded a coarser coat, the closer a less aggresive texture. All in all, the total project took 6 hours. I simply taped what I did not want coated and removed the tape before it had a chance to set up. I am very pleased with how it turned out, and at $8 a can at Lowes, $64 total is not bad. My 95 Wrangler had seen better days paint wise, scratches everywhere, so this did the trick for me and gave her a whole new look. The nice thing is that if it gets scratched bad again, painting is simple. I am going to take the rails off and do them too but wanted to show it so far.