Texting while driving - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Tech Forums > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
Pmedg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 868
Bluetooth is a good way to avoid any talking on the cell issues. I installed a deck in my Jeep w/ bluetooth and it was only $120ish

Pmedg is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #32
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
terminator012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nankipoo, Tn
Posts: 1,102

__________________
2003 TJ.Zone 3" lift, JKS 1.25 body lift and mml,33x12.50x15 Duratracs, Ace rails, KC lights.

2010 JKU 1.25 body lift, OME HD lift, JKS tracbars, AEV geometry brackets, Dick Cepek Torque wheels, 315/70/17 Duratracs

1997 TJ Zone 4.25 combo, 33x12.50x15 BFG T/A-KO
terminator012 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #33
Jeeper
 
Pmedg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 868
DAMN that video is way crazier than anything i remember from drivers ed.
Pmedg is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
Bazzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: England
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmedg View Post
DAMN that video is way crazier than anything i remember from drivers ed.
That video is from a TV Commercial in the UK warning of the dangers with texting at the wheel. This happens for real on the roads in the UK.

We also have similar comercials screened for drink driving, driving whilst under the influence of drugs, not wearing a seat belt and driving whilst tied from the lack of sleep. They get the message across graphically but it doesn't deter the idiot from still doing any of the above. You can't educate an idiot.
__________________
2008 JK Sahara Sport, Bright Silver Metallic 2.8 Diesel, 6 speed manual. 28mpg
Bazzer is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
Mitchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANGER View Post
Last week we had a kid (17) hit a truck head on (he was texting) and died. I really feel sorry for the truck driver he was unhurt but will miss some work anyway .
Best and obviously most underrated post in the entire thread.
Mitchness is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
McBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty_5.9 View Post
DUI, speeding, ect. are almost all about money. 15% safety. 85% money for small towns. DUI's are a problem but a law will not stop anyone from driving drunk. I have buddies do it all the time and it doesn't stop them.

Laws do nothing to stop people from breaking the law. It only has consequences for when then do. I don't have an answer to the problem but I do know a new law wont help.
DUI laws don't stop your buddies because they are not stiff enough. If, like in some countries they take their cars, crush them and throw your buds in jail for six months on the first offense...they will learn to stop.

There is just no excuse and no justification.
__________________
McAllister
Lexington, KY

http://mcallisterbryant.deviantart.com
McBear is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #37
Official WF thread de-railer
 
Mr. Sinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fair Hill, Maryland
Posts: 3,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBear View Post

There is just no excuse and no justification.

x infinity. when i was younger, i had to tell my 17 year old buddy's mom he had been killed by a drunk driver.
__________________
My battle with Chrysler over getting my Jeep repaired under warranty: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/ins...ml#post3467156
Mr. Sinister is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
McBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmedg View Post
I can see an argument for both sides. The problem is that some people just can't drive. The test you have to take to pass your driving test (at least in MA) is a joke. My test took all of 5 minutes. We drove down the street, through a set of lights, turned around in a parking lot and back to the RMV. I could have done that when I was 11. The person that crashes while on their cell phone is likely to be the one who gets just as distracted by their radio, or another person in the car and causes an accident. The cell phone is not the root of the issue; people’s inability to drive is the problem.


also i am not advocating drivers licenses be given to 11 year olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmedg View Post
Bluetooth is a good way to avoid any talking on the cell issues. I installed a deck in my Jeep w/ bluetooth and it was only $120ish
I have been driving since 1971, logging over 1.4Million miles without an accident of any kind. I have been to Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving to get my SCCA and IMSA competition licenses. With that said...

One evening a bit over a decade ago I was driving from NYC to Poughkeepsie for a meeting. I had to take a conference call and the only way to do so was while driving the 75 minute route. Imagine my surprise when I saw the "Welcome to Connecticut" sign, a state that normally does not exist between NYC and Pookie.

I relayed this story to a good friend of mine who is a commander at the Kentucky State Police. He asked if I would participate in a study they were doing. I drove their pre-defined course, with monitors on my car. I was one of the "cell" drivers, while others would go from sober to one, two or three drinks in the controlled environment.

By the end of the four hour testing period the results were that I drove as if I was .09 drunk, although I was stone sober [I don't drink so don't have a solid reference]. All I was doing was talking on the cell phone. Half my test was with Bluetooth, half with my smartphone in hand.

The texters [those younger than me who can text without looking] did even worse. Anyone that thinks they are a skilled driver and can text while driving is a fool, and an accident waiting to happen.

I learned my lesson in Connecticut.
__________________
McAllister
Lexington, KY

http://mcallisterbryant.deviantart.com
McBear is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
Pmedg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 868
McBear that's pretty cool you got to participate in that study. That is something I would love to do at some point just to see what my score would be. And I understand that people are going to be impaired by texting and talking on their phone. However I would argue that not all drivers are created equal when it comes to hours clocked and overall skill. For example given your time spent on the road and education I would wager that you on your phone are going to be a better driver than a 16 year old cruising with his/her friends. I would just be really upset if I got a ticket for using my phone while driving if that was the only reason I got pulled over (i.e. not speeding, drifting lanes, etc)
Pmedg is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
superduty_5.9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mount Victory, Ohio
Posts: 230
Laws only work for law abiding people. Law breakers by definition do not follow the law. If you are not a murderer or rapist then these laws have no affect on you. It's only when you become a murder or rapist that these laws apply.

Maybe driving tests should be harder. Maybe driver ed should include multi-tasking.
__________________
Diesel fumes make me horny!
superduty_5.9 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #41
Official WF thread de-railer
 
Mr. Sinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fair Hill, Maryland
Posts: 3,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty_5.9 View Post
Laws only work for law abiding people. Law breakers by definition do not follow the law. If you are not a murderer or rapist then these laws have no affect on you. It's only when you become a murder or rapist that these laws apply.

Maybe driving tests should be harder. Maybe driver ed should include multi-tasking.
You only need car insurance when you get into an accident, but try fighting that battle.
__________________
My battle with Chrysler over getting my Jeep repaired under warranty: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/ins...ml#post3467156
Mr. Sinister is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
Dogzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Coastal NC
Posts: 925
All vehicles should be equiped with a device that shuts off the cellphone if the motor is running.
Dogzilla is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #43
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty_5.9 View Post
Laws only work for law abiding people. Law breakers by definition do not follow the law. If you are not a murderer or rapist then these laws have no affect on you. It's only when you become a murder or rapist that these laws apply.

Maybe driving tests should be harder. Maybe driver ed should include multi-tasking.


1) Since the vast majority of people in this country do follow the law...your point is moot.

2) Those who do break the law are punished. If there is no law, there is no punishment...so your suggestion of not having the law makes absolutely no sense. None whatsoever.

3) Driving tests should absolutely be harder.

4) Multitasking is a computer process...not a human process...human brains do not multitask. Do a little research on the subject, you'll find pretty much every published study says the same thing on that subject. So when you are texting, your brain is focused on the texting...not driving.
Bubba68CS is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #44
Upside-down Disorder
 
InvertChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NoVa
Posts: 7,878
Even a computer doesn't truly multitask. It switches from task to task billions of times a second giving the illusion of multitasking. I guess with multicore processors maybe, but still. They do it a little bit better than us.
__________________
|2004 Jeep TJ "Green Machine"|4.0L 5 speed Dana44|33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs|2.5" RC coils + 1.25" body lift|OME NitroSport shocks|4.56 gears|Skid Row Engine Skid|BCC Sliders|Currie AntiRock|
InvertChaos is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #45
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvertChaos View Post
Even a computer doesn't truly multitask. It switches from task to task billions of times a second giving the illusion of multitasking. I guess with multicore processors maybe, but still. They do it a little bit better than us.
True. Multicore processors can do multiple tasks at the same time within reason - they still have other shared resources.
Bubba68CS is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Richmond VA, Lancaster VA, and Ocean City NJ
Posts: 58
im in high school and i know plenty of people who do. but for me Driving+shifting+ texting= impossible
Seanomck is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
superduty_5.9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mount Victory, Ohio
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba68CS View Post
Those are two very conflicting posts.

If common sense prevailed, people wouldn't do these things. They do these things, so clearly common sense does not prevail. You acknowledge common sense does not prevail (and even that you do this crap), but maintain there should be absolutely no laws regarding this - and therefore no punishment for those who do not use common sense.



Laws are necessary...driving is a privilege...not a right. If you can't do it safely, you SHOULD be punished. YOU have absolutely no right to endanger MY life because of your selfishness. Your conversation can wait...or you can pull your ass off the road if its that important.

Unbelievable that people actually defend this crap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba68CS View Post


1) Since the vast majority of people in this country do follow the law...your point is moot.

2) Those who do break the law are punished. If there is no law, there is no punishment...so your suggestion of not having the law makes absolutely no sense. None whatsoever.

3) Driving tests should absolutely be harder.

4) Multitasking is a computer process...not a human process...human brains do not multitask. Do a little research on the subject, you'll find pretty much every published study says the same thing on that subject. So when you are texting, your brain is focused on the texting...not driving.
1)If you abide by the laws you have nothing to worry about. Murders are the ones to be concerned with the laws.
2)Those who murder or rape should be hung in the middle of town like the old days. I never said we do not need laws. I only said we need a few basic laws. We do not need a law fining us $125 for not wearing a seatbelt but it's ok to not wear a helmet on a motorcycle.
3) New teenage driver should be taught the dangers of be inexperienced as a driver and distractions.
4) I don't care what term you want to use in place of multi-tasking. I do this everyday. I can do more than 1 thing at a time. I feel bad for those who are physically impaired and can not do more than 1 thing at 1 time. It's good that you know your limits.
5)New laws and time spent on this could be used to find murders and child molesters. I could care less if you caught 1,000 texters breaking a stupid law. I would be impressed though if you put that time and energy into finding at least one child molester!
__________________
Diesel fumes make me horny!
superduty_5.9 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
McBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmedg View Post
McBear that's pretty cool you got to participate in that study. That is something I would love to do at some point just to see what my score would be. And I understand that people are going to be impaired by texting and talking on their phone. However I would argue that not all drivers are created equal when it comes to hours clocked and overall skill. For example given your time spent on the road and education I would wager that you on your phone are going to be a better driver than a 16 year old cruising with his/her friends. I would just be really upset if I got a ticket for using my phone while driving if that was the only reason I got pulled over (i.e. not speeding, drifting lanes, etc)
The trick is the laws are made for the consideration of the average, not the exceptional.

I have the skill and experience to drive and talk and I still drove as if I was legally drunk. Imagine how my driving would have been if I only had 'average' skill and experience.

And it goes to everything from texting to cell phone to speeding. I was trained to drive at very high speeds. I have driven 180MPH repeatedly and successfully. But speeding laws still apply to me just as those who panic at 75mph. Is it fair? Hard to know, but it is life.

Only time I have driven 140+ on the highway has been on the Autobahn in Germany. And they are beginning to remove that option, mainly because of folks with bluetooth cellphones, texting and folks not paying attention as much as they used to.

Texting and driving is just a fools game, no matter how good folks think they are. If they have not wrecked, or caused one it is only a matter of time.
__________________
McAllister
Lexington, KY

http://mcallisterbryant.deviantart.com
McBear is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
KBR97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,979
With a lot of new "smart" phones...with the touch of one button, you can start voice command and then find a contact, type a message by voice to them, and send it from voice command as well. Trickier part is fumbling through your phone trying to read a message.
I usually just turn the ringer off. I'll get back to you when I get where I'm going.
__________________
[COLOR="Green"]
KBR97 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 724
This seems to keep going in circles...you bringing up the same illogical arguments over and over again


Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty_5.9 View Post
1)If you abide by the laws you have nothing to worry about. Murders are the ones to be concerned with the laws.
The law has to be there to abide by it.

Quote:
2)Those who murder or rape should be hung in the middle of town like the old days. I never said we do not need laws. I only said we need a few basic laws. We do not need a law fining us $125 for not wearing a seatbelt but it's ok to not wear a helmet on a motorcycle.
Has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. Texting and driving endangers my life. Your freedom ends where everyone elses begins. You have no right to endanger my life.

Quote:
3) New teenage driver should be taught the dangers of be inexperienced as a driver and distractions.
Agreed...and in fact, many laws have been added since I started driving to do just that: for example limiting the number of passengers allowed in the vehicle.

Quote:
4) I don't care what term you want to use in place of multi-tasking. I do this everyday. I can do more than 1 thing at a time. I feel bad for those who are physically impaired and can not do more than 1 thing at 1 time. It's good that you know your limits.
Doesn't matter how good you think you are at it, you aren't. You aren't special...you're just another human being with the same biological programming as everyone else. Your brain can only process one thing at a time. Sure if you want to look at everything you do over the course of an hour, you 'multitask'...but FACT of the matter is, you are dedicating your attention 100% to each and every one of those tasks as you do it. So again, when you're texting, your brain is texting - NOT DRIVING.

Quote:
5)New laws and time spent on this could be used to find murders and child molesters. I could care less if you caught 1,000 texters breaking a stupid law. I would be impressed though if you put that time and energy into finding at least one child molester!
Horse **** and you know it. I'd like you to name each and every open murder case that hasn't been solved due to a lack of manpower rather than a lack of evidence. Now spend some time on the road (actually driving...not texting) and observe the number of people breaking traffic laws that PUT OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES AT RISK.

FACT of the matter is impaired driving (which is exactly what texting while driving is) puts people's lives at risk...you may fail to see that, but the rest of us don't.
Bubba68CS is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
Firemangully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 396
^
__________________
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could.
Ralph Waldo Emerson OlllllllO

http://beachbodycoach.com/briangullickson
http://shakeology.com/briangullickson
Firemangully is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
djw97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Castalia, N.C.
Posts: 304
Just to throw my 2 cents in, that same phone you text on can make a phone call. This does not require looking at a screen, aside from typing the number which can be done at a stop sign or whatever. Personally as a 16 year old I would rather text someone. But I'm not going to endanger everyone else on the road and myself by texting and driving. My conversation is NOT worth risking the life of someone in my jeep someone else on the road, or myself. Blue tooth! Just about every phone these days is capable of it. When I'm riding with someone and they start to use their phone I offer to do it for them if they say "no" and keep using it I'll take it and put it back where it was (not in an excesivly rude way or anything) it gets the point across.
djw97tj is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
djw97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Castalia, N.C.
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba68CS View Post
This seems to keep going in circles...you bringing up the same illogical arguments over and over again




The law has to be there to abide by it.



Has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. Texting and driving endangers my life. Your freedom ends where everyone elses begins. You have no right to endanger my life.



Agreed...and in fact, many laws have been added since I started driving to do just that: for example limiting the number of passengers allowed in the vehicle.



Doesn't matter how good you think you are at it, you aren't. You aren't special...you're just another human being with the same biological programming as everyone else. Your brain can only process one thing at a time. Sure if you want to look at everything you do over the course of an hour, you 'multitask'...but FACT of the matter is, you are dedicating your attention 100% to each and every one of those tasks as you do it. So again, when you're texting, your brain is texting - NOT DRIVING.



Horse **** and you know it. I'd like you to name each and every open murder case that hasn't been solved due to a lack of manpower rather than a lack of evidence. Now spend some time on the road (actually driving...not texting) and observe the number of people breaking traffic laws that PUT OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES AT RISK.

FACT of the matter is impaired driving (which is exactly what texting while driving is) puts people's lives at risk...you may fail to see that, but the rest of us don't.
I agree 10000000%
djw97tj is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #54
Upside-down Disorder
 
InvertChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NoVa
Posts: 7,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw97tj
Just to throw my 2 cents in, that same phone you text on can make a phone call. This does not require looking at a screen, aside from typing the number which can be done at a stop sign or whatever. Personally as a 16 year old I would rather text someone. But I'm not going to endanger everyone else on the road and myself by texting and driving. My conversation is NOT worth risking the life of someone in my jeep someone else on the road, or myself. Blue tooth! Just about every phone these days is capable of it. When I'm riding with someone and they start to use their phone I offer to do it for them if they say "no" and keep using it I'll take it and put it back where it was (not in an excesivly rude way or anything) it gets the point across.
Same dude. If the people on the other end of my phone are pissed because I'm not answering I couldn't care less. I'm not endangering my life or those around me just because someone is trying to ask me a stupid question. Surprisingly the worst offender is my dad. He calls me quite a bit while driving and with a manual trans I'm not about to answer it. Sometimes I just pull into a parking lot if they are persistent. Also I can't afford to have my insurance go up because of an accident I could have avoided.
__________________
|2004 Jeep TJ "Green Machine"|4.0L 5 speed Dana44|33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs|2.5" RC coils + 1.25" body lift|OME NitroSport shocks|4.56 gears|Skid Row Engine Skid|BCC Sliders|Currie AntiRock|
InvertChaos is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #55
Jeeper
 
djw97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Castalia, N.C.
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty_5.9 View Post
Laws only work for law abiding people. Law breakers by definition do not follow the law. If you are not a murderer or rapist then these laws have no affect on you. It's only when you become a murder or rapist that these laws apply.

Maybe driving tests should be harder. Maybe driver ed should include multi-tasking.
These laws apply to everyone including you and me because they are in place to protect us and every other citizen.
djw97tj is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #56
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL
Posts: 615
It would be awesome if the fine for using a cellphone in any possible way while driving was an immediate impound & suspension for 1 month! You don't think that would deter people from doing it? Obviously that will never happen but imagine how less stressful it would be to drive without all those distracted morons around you.
ratuna is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #57
Jeeper
 
Colin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 310
My dad put it in perspective for me. He said when going 65 mph; in the 3 seconds you look down to read or write your text without looking at the road you have traveled just shy of 300 feet. You literally travel the length of a whole football field without ever seeing where you were going!
Colin is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #58
Jeeper
 
superduty_5.9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mount Victory, Ohio
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw97tj View Post
These laws apply to everyone including you and me because they are in place to protect us and every other citizen.
Ye it applies to all but if you are not breaking the law (using your brain)then it doesn't affect you. It will only affect you when you break the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba68CS View Post
This seems to keep going in circles...you bringing up the same illogical arguments over and over again




The law has to be there to abide by it.



Has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. Texting and driving endangers my life. Your freedom ends where everyone elses begins. You have no right to endanger my life.



Agreed...and in fact, many laws have been added since I started driving to do just that: for example limiting the number of passengers allowed in the vehicle.



Doesn't matter how good you think you are at it, you aren't. You aren't special...you're just another human being with the same biological programming as everyone else. Your brain can only process one thing at a time. Sure if you want to look at everything you do over the course of an hour, you 'multitask'...but FACT of the matter is, you are dedicating your attention 100% to each and every one of those tasks as you do it. So again, when you're texting, your brain is texting - NOT DRIVING.



Horse **** and you know it. I'd like you to name each and every open murder case that hasn't been solved due to a lack of manpower rather than a lack of evidence. Now spend some time on the road (actually driving...not texting) and observe the number of people breaking traffic laws that PUT OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES AT RISK.

FACT of the matter is impaired driving (which is exactly what texting while driving is) puts people's lives at risk...you may fail to see that, but the rest of us don't.
Anybody on the road can affect or risk your life, impaired or not. I've seen people daydream and cause accidents. Do we make daydreaming a crime? There is no true accidents. There is always a root cause. Stupid is not a crime but maybe you think it should be? Rarely can you fix stupid.

I don't want anybody to get hurt. Use common sense or stay off the road. We don't need a law to hinder us.

I suppose you are also the kind of person that instead of monitoring what your kids watch or do you would rather have the FCC do it for you or the cops to watch your kids. Take responsibility for your actions don't rely on a law to do it for you!
__________________
Diesel fumes make me horny!
superduty_5.9 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #59
Jeeper
 
bobjenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,646
Just because its legal doesn't make it a smart thing to do. There are no motorcycle helmet laws above age 21 and ill never think about riding without a helmet

Fact is I've been rear ended and everytime its some mom on a phone . It's a distraction. I'm not saying don't do it , what I'm saying it if you do text then you need to realize it distract from yiur driving
bobjenkins is offline   Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #60
In a trailer in the woods

WF Supporting Member
 
Barrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Greater downtown Brownsville,Kentucky
Posts: 39,331
Send a message via AIM to Barrie Send a message via Yahoo to Barrie

__________________
2006 Unlimited Soft Top


Skillfully disguised as a responsible adult


Barrie is offline   Quick Reply
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please Help! 2005 Jeep Wrangler Engine Suddenly Stops While Driving mariah9999 TJ Tech Forum 31 04-16-2014 07:14 AM
Driving Light Setup what do you like?? Cheech66 TJ General Discussion Forum 10 11-12-2010 01:13 PM
Driving in pouring down rain TJeepman TJ General Discussion Forum 57 11-04-2010 12:44 PM
JK Rubi 2009 - First impressions (on road driving) gstoli JK General Discussion Forum 7 11-12-2009 01:08 PM
Crappy driving light stem CenARJeepChick TJ General Discussion Forum 1 03-09-2009 03:32 PM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC