The day Jeep died...RIP - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-24-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
biffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere in Big Ten country
Posts: 419
The day Jeep died...RIP

Saw this and just got sad. Is this the future of the Jeep with Fiat???

Jeep Future Vehicles

biffman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
pakman55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The 363
Posts: 4,803
Send a message via Yahoo to pakman55
Looks like there could be a model similar to the Panda. As long as the Wrangler don't look like that, I will be happy.

__________________
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness
pakman55 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
biffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere in Big Ten country
Posts: 419
I'm just hoping they don't water down Jeep and try to make it some wussy vehicle. I'm very concerned about what their thinking could be on the Wrangler if this is their idea of an off road vehicle, which is what Jeep is all about (Compass and 2WD excluded).
biffman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
ESP
Jeeper
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,480
__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2010, 10:13 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Svjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 23
Let's hope they call it a Peep.
Svjackson is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
mrcarcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Midland/Odessa, TX
Posts: 3,551
They should paint them black and white. I'd laugh.
__________________
#2 Jeep http://www.wranglerforum.com/f322/99...ld-819418.html
99 Sahara, automatic.
mrcarcrazy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 101
Jeep will be making Fiats?
FlaJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 101
I never understood why Jeep doesn't make the CJ anymore? ... special order kind of thing. Or not the CJ by a CJ-like vehicle... steel dash, no frills no nonsense... I6 and V8 options... That would keep costs down, and they'd be able to have an enormous markup on it.. and those of us that appreciate the "utility" of Jeep, will eat them up. Especially when it looks like they're slowly taking away from the utility and ruggedness of the jeep persona. Chrysler is taking Jeep to a scary place of H2/H3 engineering... which I'm sure A LOT of customers like... but the 'community' I'm sure would like to go a different direction.
FlaJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
whiteyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pleasanton CA
Posts: 4,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaJeep View Post
I never understood why Jeep doesn't make the CJ anymore? ... special order kind of thing. Or not the CJ by a CJ-like vehicle... steel dash, no frills no nonsense... I6 and V8 options... That would keep costs down, and they'd be able to have an enormous markup on it.. and those of us that appreciate the "utility" of Jeep, will eat them up. Especially when it looks like they're slowly taking away from the utility and ruggedness of the jeep persona. Chrysler is taking Jeep to a scary place of H2/H3 engineering... which I'm sure A LOT of customers like... but the 'community' I'm sure would like to go a different direction.
Not what the American public is buying. They're either buying big tricked out SUV's or Prius's and pushing them 90 miles an hour while claiming great fuel economy.
__________________
Fallen Angel...Former MOD
whiteyj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #10
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7
no no no its just plain wrong..... why mess with something that is great and loved and tried and true......

if that "peep" is released .....to me it will be a very sad day in Jeep country.....
Freedom seacher is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2010, 10:40 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyj View Post
Not what the American public is buying. They're either buying big tricked out SUV's or Prius's and pushing them 90 miles an hour while claiming great fuel economy.
I think Americans are buying what Jeep is giving to them... (my opinion of course) .... but I feel if they made a "crate jeep".. it would sell well ... I'd be in talks with a dealer this moment if they did.
FlaJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Uranus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Burbank, Ca
Posts: 349
Images: 2
Wow, that looks scary.
Uranus is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #13
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by biffman View Post
I'm just hoping they don't water down Jeep and try to make it some wussy vehicle. I'm very concerned about what their thinking could be on the Wrangler if this is their idea of an off road vehicle, which is what Jeep is all about (Compass and 2WD excluded).
That is much better looking than a Compass. If you want to talk about Jeep heritage and history, have you forgotten the Jeep Eagle? It was Waaaay ahead of it's time. Their pretty cool now, but back then they were riduculous and Jeep purists wanted nothing to do with it.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #14
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaJeep View Post
I think Americans are buying what Jeep is giving to them... (my opinion of course) .... but I feel if they made a "crate jeep".. it would sell well ... I'd be in talks with a dealer this moment if they did.
Certainly not enough to make it cost effective. Look at the Icon. It's basically a CJ3 and costs over 70k. CJ's went away because sales were dropping like bricks. 60 minutes' rollover piece had no small part in it. The Wrangler appealed to a wider audience and sales skyrocketed.

__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thing's to know when Buying a Used Jeep Wrangler YJ Rian306 YJ Tech Forum 26 06-23-2014 09:55 PM
1990 Jeep AX-15 6cl M Trans story from Hell Peloquin YJ Tech Forum 11 06-14-2012 06:04 PM
Biggest Jeep Freek Contest!!!! txoutdoorx4 Classifieds Archive 6 02-21-2011 10:48 AM
History of the Jeep. George T. General Jeep Discussion 8 02-04-2009 01:03 AM
Jeep died and won't start bcetherton TJ Tech Forum 6 07-09-2006 03:09 PM



» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC