To wave or not to wave:: guide to rating the wave - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Tech Forums > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
Commercial Member JeepsOnTrails

WF Supporting Member
 
lee indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 4,944
To wave or not to wave:: guide to rating the wave

Definition:
The Jeep Wave: An honor bestowed upon those drivers with the superior intelligence, taste, class, and discomfort tolerance to own the ultimate vehicle - the Jeep. Generally consists of vigorous side-to-side motion of one or both hands, but may be modified to suit circumstances and locally accepted etiquette. Examples of commonly accepted modifications:

* Top off: One handed wave above windshield or outside body tub
* Top off during blizzard: Shiver and nod, hands may remain frozen to steering wheel
* Southern/rural locations: Raise fingers from steering wheel, nod

It's not what you buy, it's what you build and what you do with it.
In keeping with this cardinal rule of Jeeping, categories have been established to account for each part of the equation.

These categories are:

* The Jeep Waving Hierarchy: Based on the vehicle itself. Takes into account the nostalgia factor, the discomfort tolerance quotient, and the amount of owner dedication required to maintain the steed.
* The Modifying Sub-categories: Based on what you do with your Jeep.
* Equipment Adjustments: What you build.

lee indy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
Commercial Member JeepsOnTrails

WF Supporting Member
 
lee indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 4,944
General Rules:
1. All Jeepers are responsible for upholding the tradition of the Wave. Upon contact with a higher scoring Jeep, a Jeeper is required to initiate the Wave, and continue the Wave until:

1. The Wave is returned
2. The Wave is blatantly disregarded
3. The higher scoring vehicle has passed by and is out of sight

2. All Jeepers are required to return the Wave, unless the initiating vehicle is clearly has a negative (below 0) score.

3. All Jeepers are encouraged, but not required, to return the Wave to negative balance vehicles, and take any opportunity presented to guide and mentor them about their responsibilities to their Jeeps in the hopes that they can correct the error of their ways.

4. When unsure of status or wave requirements of a particular encounter or unable to completely assess the other Jeep's score quickly enough to ensure that the proper Jeep Wave Etiquette rules are followed, immediately initiate wave.

"When in doubt, WHIP IT OUT!"

lee indy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #3
Commercial Member JeepsOnTrails

WF Supporting Member
 
lee indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 4,944
First, the Jeep Waving Hierarchy (JWH):
Category A Pre-CJ: 30
Category B Pre-AMC CJ: 27
Category C Other CJ: 25
Category D Commando: 20
Category E YJ 16
Category F TJ 15
Category G Cherokee, Wagoneer: 10
Category H All other Jeeps: 5
Category I All other 4WD vehicles EXCEPT yuppie Explorers: 0
Category J All other vehicles 0


The Modifying Sub-Categories (MSCs):
(What you do with it)
MSC Guidelines:

1. MSCs must be considered during all Jeep encounters, and wave patterns must be adjusted accordingly.

2. MSC 5 is the median - the accepted norm.

3. MSCs from 1 through 4 will increase score as listed.

4. MSCs 6 and 7 will decrease score as listed.

MSC 1: Top off; vehicle, driver, and all occupants covered with mud: +30
MSC 2: Top partially off; vehicle and some occupants covered with Mud: +20
MSC 3: Top on; vehicle covered with mud: +10
MSC 4: Top off during snow, sleet, hail, or heavy rain: +5
MSC 5: Somewhat dirty: 0
MSC 6: Obviously recently washed, but immediately re-muddied a little: -10
MSC 7: Clean, dry, unscratched, untested: -30


Equipment Adjustments
(What you build)

Consideration must be given to the current mechanical condition of the vehicle, including all modifications for trailworthiness, comfort, appearance, and spouse-appeasal. These are known as Equipment Adjustments (EAs). EAs are a complicated category, and often difficult to appraise under certain conditions (passing head-to-head at 60 mph, when covered with mud, etc) but must be used to modify score when feasible. If a vehicle is so covered with mud that you are unable to ascertain any of the EAs, you MUST assume that the EAs, when combined with the MSC 1 adjustment, would place the vehicle in a higher scoring position than any non-MSC 1 Jeep, and immediately initiate the wave. Otherwise, EAs will adjust score as follows:


A Tire Engine:

Stock, Pre-CJ, Working Condition: +2
Stock, 8-cyl: +2
Stock, 6-cyl: +1
Stock, 4-cyl: 0
Replaced, 8-cyl: +3
Replaced, 6-cyl (replacing 4-cyl): +2
Replaced, 6-cyl (replacing 6-cyl): 0
Replaced, 6-cyl (replacing 8-cyl): -1
Replaced, 4-cyl: -1

A Tire Drivetrain Modifications:

Improved internal mechanical parts (crank/cam/etc): +2 each
Upgraded Transmission: NV4500 or Turbo400: +3, All others: +2
Upgraded Transfer Case: +2
Improved exterior mechanical parts (headers/manifolds/pumps/filters/etc): +1 each
Stone stock in a pre-1970 vehicle: +3 (for nostalgia and historical analysis)
All Comfort enhancements removed for more power: +2

A Tire Tires:

Stock or unremarkable: 0
Original Tires on Pre-CJ: +2
Slightly oversized (up to 31"): +1
Over 31, with other appropriate mods: +2
Any size, currently covered with mud: +2
Working tires > 31" with original donut spare: -2
Low-profile: -10

A Tire Suspension:

Stock, Pre-CJ: +2 if driver can still walk after an hour in the saddle
Body lift: +1/inch
Suspension lift: +2/inch
Spring-Over Lift: +3
High-quality shocks: +2
Lowered: -20

A Tire Other accessories/conditions:

Winch, heavy-duty, obviously used: +2
Winch, heavy-duty, use unclear: +1
Other winch, obviously used: +1
Little, chrome-covered, toy winch: -1
Lockers: +2
Upgraded axles: +1
Upgraded transfer case: +1
Each chrome accessory currently shiny: -1
Each neon accessory: -2
Fire extinguishers: +1
Block and Tackle, anchors, etc: +2
Ropes, straps, tow chains: +1
Tow Hooks: +1
Nerf Bars/Rock Rails, used and scarred: +2
Nerf Bars, shiny, no scars: -1
Heavy duty bash/skid plates: +1
Other protective plating (diamond plate, etc): +2 if scarred, -2 if unscarred
Extra fuel tanks/oversize fuel tanks: +1
External Gear Carrying Rack: +1
Multi disc-CD Player: -1
More than one subwoofer: -1 each
First Aid Kit: +1
Backpack, food, emergency gear (just in case): +2
On-board air compressor: +1
On-board Welder: +2
Girly, shiny chrome center caps: -1
Krylon home-made paint job: +1 (for realizing it's just going to happen again)
Blackout Headlight Covers: -1
Any little flippy interior vanity mirrors: -1
Children in vehicle: +1/each (for proper training/indoctrination), +2 if muddy, an immediate correction if not belted in.
EARNED trip stickers/badges/etc: +1/each
Unearned stickers/badges/etc: -2/each
Stickers advertising for other than 4wd-related businesses: -2 (except No Fear: -5)
MSC 1 vehicle in corporate lot sharing with neighbor vehicles: +1 per vehicle decorated
Correct mental attitude, seen or proven: +3
Windshield down: +1 (+2 if raining/snowing)
Bugs left on face/teeth as evidence of recent windshield down driving: +1 (+2 if more than a week old)
CB radio or other communication tool (for emergency only): +1
Hi-Lift Jack: +2
Flexible caulking to fill leaks and body damage: +2
Dogs as passengers, properly secured: +1 (sharing the joy of Jeeping)
Bringing a new Jeeper into the Family: +5
Extra Lighting, used for night-wheeling, not pastel or neon colored: +1/ea
Homemade roll bar pads: +1
Duct Tape currently in use: +1 per yard
Duct Tape Reserve: +1 per roll
Top on and windows up, warm day: -2
Grenade Hood Ornament: +1
P.A. - used to harass drivers of lesser vehicles: +1
Storage boxes from solid steel or ammo cans: +1
Waving while fighting the older Jeeps' natural urge to wander: +1
Plastic headlight covers/accessories: -1
Bra (on a Jeep - how could you??): -1
Snorkel Gear (functional): +2

A Tire Battle Scars:

Mashed hood, top, etc., obviously from roll-over: +3
Holes above glove box where passenger ripped grab-bar out: +3
Heavily gouged rocker panels: +2
Bloody seats: +2
V-bent front bumper from being pulled out of that REALLY bad one: +2
Scarred sides from those mis-judged rocks: +1
Any small parking lot dent/scratch still identifiable: -1
Other accessories bent, folded, mangled or mutilated: +1, EXCEPT:
See above, but said item is owned by your spouse: +2
No scars whatsoever: -3 (Unless Pre-CJ restored, then: +3)
New body due to rust only: -5 (unless a rescue, see discussion below)
New body due to damage: Previous damage points carry over (see discussion below)
Fire Damage (bubbled paint, singed seats, etc): +2
Limbs, Shrubs, etc attached well enough to remain at highway speed: +1/each
Any rescue in the Jeep's past requiring the use of snowmobiles: +1
Any rescue in the Jeep's past requiring the use of boats: +2
Any rescue in the Jeep's past requiring the use of tracked vehicles: +2
Scars on the driver - MUST be Jeep-related, may require proof: +1
Each Jeep Rescue performed: +1

this guide stolen from The Jeep Wave
lee indy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
that's what she said

WF Supporting Member
 
jgano23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: \m/-_-\m/
Posts: 16,482
Send a message via AIM to jgano23 Send a message via Yahoo to jgano23
i'm not attacking you lee, but i have seen this before and i think it is the most ridiculous thing in the world. jeeps are not about "one upping" the next guy, it is about a common love for the vehicle. my philosophy is if you see a jeep wave!!!
jgano23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
Commercial Member JeepsOnTrails

WF Supporting Member
 
lee indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 4,944
i agree with you completely. i just thought it was funny. actually its sad cause i went threw and used my truck as a guide. (i havent picked up my new jeep yet) and my wifes liberty. (ive owned 8 jeeps in my life and am on a breif hiatius from them till i return from the desert, only bought a truck to haul stuff on the ranch)

and my truck. with just some bigger tires(not much bigger) just being prepared incase something happens my truck scored a 23 the wifes liberty 9.
lee indy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2009, 03:20 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Independence, MO
Posts: 49
I have to say whoever wrote that list is way too underutilized at their jobs... Around here you cant get a wave from XJ, ZJ, WJ, WK, KJ, XK, and about 50% of JK owners. unless they obviously off road, as in a muddy or lifted variation of the above. then again you gotta watch the Yuppie New Jeep Crowd that lifts and accessorizes to the extreme and realizes they have a piece of machinery that now costs more than a Mercedes, and in turn never takes it off road...

ANYHOW I'm the white YJ waving like a crazed idot at every wrangler that passes...
peace & love
bryandhispup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2009, 03:24 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Levinoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jeffersontown
Posts: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryandhispup View Post

ANYHOW I'm the white YJ waving like a crazed idot at every wrangler that passes...
peace & love
Yup that is pretty much me but in a White TJ.
__________________

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
Levinoss is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2009, 06:18 AM   #8
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
N39-W120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Eastern VA
Posts: 2,020
Send a message via AIM to N39-W120 Send a message via Skype™ to N39-W120
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee indy View Post
First, the Jeep Waving Hierarchy (JWH):
Category A Pre-CJ: 30
Category B Pre-AMC CJ: 27
Category C Other CJ: 25
Category D Commando: 20
Category E YJ 16
Category F TJ 15
Category G Cherokee, Wagoneer: 10
Category H All other Jeeps: 5
Category I All other 4WD vehicles EXCEPT yuppie Explorers: 0
Category J All other vehicles 0


The Modifying Sub-Categories (MSCs):
(What you do with it)
MSC Guidelines:

1. MSCs must be considered during all Jeep encounters, and wave patterns must be adjusted accordingly.

2. MSC 5 is the median - the accepted norm.

3. MSCs from 1 through 4 will increase score as listed.

4. MSCs 6 and 7 will decrease score as listed.

MSC 1: Top off; vehicle, driver, and all occupants covered with mud: +30
MSC 2: Top partially off; vehicle and some occupants covered with Mud: +20
MSC 3: Top on; vehicle covered with mud: +10
MSC 4: Top off during snow, sleet, hail, or heavy rain: +5
MSC 5: Somewhat dirty: 0
MSC 6: Obviously recently washed, but immediately re-muddied a little: -10
MSC 7: Clean, dry, unscratched, untested: -30


Equipment Adjustments
(What you build)

Consideration must be given to the current mechanical condition of the vehicle, including all modifications for trailworthiness, comfort, appearance, and spouse-appeasal. These are known as Equipment Adjustments (EAs). EAs are a complicated category, and often difficult to appraise under certain conditions (passing head-to-head at 60 mph, when covered with mud, etc) but must be used to modify score when feasible. If a vehicle is so covered with mud that you are unable to ascertain any of the EAs, you MUST assume that the EAs, when combined with the MSC 1 adjustment, would place the vehicle in a higher scoring position than any non-MSC 1 Jeep, and immediately initiate the wave. Otherwise, EAs will adjust score as follows:


A Tire Engine:

Stock, Pre-CJ, Working Condition: +2
Stock, 8-cyl: +2
Stock, 6-cyl: +1
Stock, 4-cyl: 0
Replaced, 8-cyl: +3
Replaced, 6-cyl (replacing 4-cyl): +2
Replaced, 6-cyl (replacing 6-cyl): 0
Replaced, 6-cyl (replacing 8-cyl): -1
Replaced, 4-cyl: -1

A Tire Drivetrain Modifications:

Improved internal mechanical parts (crank/cam/etc): +2 each
Upgraded Transmission: NV4500 or Turbo400: +3, All others: +2
Upgraded Transfer Case: +2
Improved exterior mechanical parts (headers/manifolds/pumps/filters/etc): +1 each
Stone stock in a pre-1970 vehicle: +3 (for nostalgia and historical analysis)
All Comfort enhancements removed for more power: +2

A Tire Tires:

Stock or unremarkable: 0
Original Tires on Pre-CJ: +2
Slightly oversized (up to 31"): +1
Over 31, with other appropriate mods: +2
Any size, currently covered with mud: +2
Working tires > 31" with original donut spare: -2
Low-profile: -10

A Tire Suspension:

Stock, Pre-CJ: +2 if driver can still walk after an hour in the saddle
Body lift: +1/inch
Suspension lift: +2/inch
Spring-Over Lift: +3
High-quality shocks: +2
Lowered: -20

A Tire Other accessories/conditions:

Winch, heavy-duty, obviously used: +2
Winch, heavy-duty, use unclear: +1
Other winch, obviously used: +1
Little, chrome-covered, toy winch: -1
Lockers: +2
Upgraded axles: +1
Upgraded transfer case: +1
Each chrome accessory currently shiny: -1
Each neon accessory: -2
Fire extinguishers: +1
Block and Tackle, anchors, etc: +2
Ropes, straps, tow chains: +1
Tow Hooks: +1
Nerf Bars/Rock Rails, used and scarred: +2
Nerf Bars, shiny, no scars: -1
Heavy duty bash/skid plates: +1
Other protective plating (diamond plate, etc): +2 if scarred, -2 if unscarred
Extra fuel tanks/oversize fuel tanks: +1
External Gear Carrying Rack: +1
Multi disc-CD Player: -1
More than one subwoofer: -1 each
First Aid Kit: +1
Backpack, food, emergency gear (just in case): +2
On-board air compressor: +1
On-board Welder: +2
Girly, shiny chrome center caps: -1
Krylon home-made paint job: +1 (for realizing it's just going to happen again)
Blackout Headlight Covers: -1
Any little flippy interior vanity mirrors: -1
Children in vehicle: +1/each (for proper training/indoctrination), +2 if muddy, an immediate correction if not belted in.
EARNED trip stickers/badges/etc: +1/each
Unearned stickers/badges/etc: -2/each
Stickers advertising for other than 4wd-related businesses: -2 (except No Fear: -5)
MSC 1 vehicle in corporate lot sharing with neighbor vehicles: +1 per vehicle decorated
Correct mental attitude, seen or proven: +3
Windshield down: +1 (+2 if raining/snowing)
Bugs left on face/teeth as evidence of recent windshield down driving: +1 (+2 if more than a week old)
CB radio or other communication tool (for emergency only): +1
Hi-Lift Jack: +2
Flexible caulking to fill leaks and body damage: +2
Dogs as passengers, properly secured: +1 (sharing the joy of Jeeping)
Bringing a new Jeeper into the Family: +5
Extra Lighting, used for night-wheeling, not pastel or neon colored: +1/ea
Homemade roll bar pads: +1
Duct Tape currently in use: +1 per yard
Duct Tape Reserve: +1 per roll
Top on and windows up, warm day: -2
Grenade Hood Ornament: +1
P.A. - used to harass drivers of lesser vehicles: +1
Storage boxes from solid steel or ammo cans: +1
Waving while fighting the older Jeeps' natural urge to wander: +1
Plastic headlight covers/accessories: -1
Bra (on a Jeep - how could you??): -1
Snorkel Gear (functional): +2

A Tire Battle Scars:

Mashed hood, top, etc., obviously from roll-over: +3
Holes above glove box where passenger ripped grab-bar out: +3
Heavily gouged rocker panels: +2
Bloody seats: +2
V-bent front bumper from being pulled out of that REALLY bad one: +2
Scarred sides from those mis-judged rocks: +1
Any small parking lot dent/scratch still identifiable: -1
Other accessories bent, folded, mangled or mutilated: +1, EXCEPT:
See above, but said item is owned by your spouse: +2
No scars whatsoever: -3 (Unless Pre-CJ restored, then: +3)
New body due to rust only: -5 (unless a rescue, see discussion below)
New body due to damage: Previous damage points carry over (see discussion below)
Fire Damage (bubbled paint, singed seats, etc): +2
Limbs, Shrubs, etc attached well enough to remain at highway speed: +1/each
Any rescue in the Jeep's past requiring the use of snowmobiles: +1
Any rescue in the Jeep's past requiring the use of boats: +2
Any rescue in the Jeep's past requiring the use of tracked vehicles: +2
Scars on the driver - MUST be Jeep-related, may require proof: +1
Each Jeep Rescue performed: +1

this guide stolen from The Jeep Wave

There are more rules involved here than trying to get laid on a saturday night
__________________
Daily Driver 2010 Ford Fusion
Weekend Toy: 2008 Rubicon...
Expensive Toy: 1983 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!
N39-W120 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Jeepzcb09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: springfield,OH
Posts: 714
is it just me or are the JK driver a little stuck up? Ive been snubed to many times but the good ol' YJ's CJ's and TJ's wave thats all that counts! I dont really care for the JK's anyway
__________________
1998 Tj Sport: Rough Country,MetalCloak,GoodYear,Alpine,Crager,AtoZ

Check out my band:AfterTatse2010.webs
Jeepzcb09 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Levinoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jeffersontown
Posts: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepzcb09 View Post
is it just me or are the JK driver a little stuck up? Ive been snubed to many times but the good ol' YJ's CJ's and TJ's wave thats all that counts! I dont really care for the JK's anyway
The JK is still too new and not enough of real Jeepers (there are real jeepers driving JK's but not enough) have switched from the previous models for the wave to get around I think. I have started to run into more waving JK's but unless they wave I don't bother because most of the time they are yuppies with the top off, windows up with the AC on in the 70s.....

It was prolly the same way with TJ's and YJ's when they first came out to. I was actually nubbed by a lifted CJ in town of all places the other day. (I live in a small town) I threw up my hand well in advanced and he gave me the "F*CK* you look that just felt horrible. He had the doors and top off and just continued to give me the most sour of sour looks as I drove past. I put my hand down before we passed each other because I knew there was going to be no wave. I was right and he stared at me all the way past me. I wanted to give him the finger but oh well....

JK's will come around just gotta wait for it. I always have the hand cocked for a CJ because they deserve some serious respect. Not like those silly square eyed monsters!
__________________

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
Levinoss is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
InfernoGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Newburgh IN
Posts: 11,419
I wave to every Jeep I see, yesterday I was 0-10........ Oh well, on to wave again another day!...
__________________

Dirty Mudder column covers|

'01 Wrangler Sport, Sienna Pearl Mine
'07 Rubicon 2D, Flame Red His
'11 Wrangler Sport 4D, Black Ours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Not every girl, is a Jeep girl. We're a special breed.
InfernoGirl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #12
after birthday glow
 
morphious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1,963
Images: 1
Quote:
There are more rules involved here than trying to get laid on a saturday night
their are rules to that since when
__________________
some say why i say
its a jeep thing u wouldn't understand
morphious is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-22-2009, 07:14 AM   #13
Newb
 
tudiepaduie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Manchester, CT
Posts: 10
If anyone is in CT, I'll be the one like crazy at ya!!! Keep on doing the wave and get the snobs feeling like they are missing something. That will change their tune. We have an awesome thing going here!
__________________

Jack is my dog, Jane is my Jeep!
tudiepaduie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #14
Newb
 
Crueltiming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mesa, Az
Posts: 5
This is a pretty funny topic....funny in that I didnt know there are "wave protocols". I had always told my wife.."When you see a yellow jeep, make sure you wave(ours is yellow, obviously) and yellow jeepers always wave back. Some red ones do..but the yellows are the most friendly". I was just kidding with her...but, after a few weeks, it seemed to be true!! Yellow jeepers always waved back.
Thanx for chuckle
Crueltiming
Crueltiming is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #15
that's what she said

WF Supporting Member
 
jgano23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: \m/-_-\m/
Posts: 16,482
Send a message via AIM to jgano23 Send a message via Yahoo to jgano23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crueltiming View Post
This is a pretty funny topic....funny in that I didnt know there are "wave protocols". I had always told my wife.."When you see a yellow jeep, make sure you wave(ours is yellow, obviously) and yellow jeepers always wave back. Some red ones do..but the yellows are the most friendly". I was just kidding with her...but, after a few weeks, it seemed to be true!! Yellow jeepers always waved back.
Thanx for chuckle
Crueltiming
there's no protocol, just wave. at least that's my philosophy.
jgano23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #16
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 21,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryandhispup View Post
Around here you cant get a wave from XJ, ZJ, WJ, WK, KJ, XK,
Those vehicles are not part of the wave culture.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #17
that's what she said

WF Supporting Member
 
jgano23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: \m/-_-\m/
Posts: 16,482
Send a message via AIM to jgano23 Send a message via Yahoo to jgano23
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
Those vehicles are not part of the wave culture.
they are not, but i usually try to wave to a lifted or modded one. you can usually tell which guys know the "wave." if you see this you can rest assure that you will get a wave back:

jgano23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
whitebomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
Those vehicles are not part of the wave culture.
Yep. Never get a wave in the XJ but almost always with the JK
__________________
'14 Cherokee Latitude, V6 4x4, Silver
'09 Wrangler Unlimited X, Red
'00 Cherokee Sport, Blue - gone but not forgotten
'90/'91 4dr Montero's - gone but not forgotten

Impulse eliminates planning ... that's a good thing
whitebomber is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2009, 09:02 PM   #19
after birthday glow
 
morphious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1,963
Images: 1
i feel bad i wave at all the jeepers but i lately have been getting waves from other vehicles and i usually don't notice till its to late this happen else were too
__________________
some say why i say
its a jeep thing u wouldn't understand
morphious is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
inzgary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 249
Send a message via AIM to inzgary
If I'm not in my Jeep, a thumbs up to other Jeepers on the road.
__________________
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
'96 XJ 4.0L, AW4, lots of miles, project Jeep.
'08 JK 3.8L, NSG370, ragtop, daily driver.
inzgary is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
APBAinMaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maine, the way life should be
Posts: 82
Send a message via AIM to APBAinMaine Send a message via Yahoo to APBAinMaine
How 'bout honorable mention for discovering the wave organically? The night I got my TJ, I was driving around with a big, stupid smile, completely in love with it (as I am each time I drive it). I was so elated I waved to every other TJ/CJ that I saw. Naturally, they were waving back. My wife was getting embarrassed and said, "Stop it!" I said, "It's not me, it's the Jeep! Watch, I won't wave to the next one." Like clockwork, they waved and I returned it. She laughed and I've done it ever since. It was two days later when my co-worker, married to a long-time Jeep enthusiast, asked, "Do you do the wave?" I looked quizzically and told her my story, and she filled me in on "the wave." First I'd heard of it -- true story.

APBAinMaine is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do i have to acknowledge... #12 General Jeep Discussion 103 04-12-2014 10:18 AM
The Jeep Wave Saint101 General Jeep Discussion 115 05-06-2011 06:45 PM
Jeep Wave Franken-Thread hmenker General Jeep Discussion 189 07-18-2008 10:09 AM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.



Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC