waverlybob 99.4% ebay seller - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Tech Forums > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 663
waverlybob 99.4% ebay seller

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience buying on ebay from waverlybob 99.4% ??. I just bought two items and tried to e-mail this person on Monday, haven't heard back. I know, I know......it's ebay.

NVRDLMO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
05GT-O.C.D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,415
No, but why does the name "waverlybob" sound so familiar???

__________________
When my time comes, mix my ashes with gunpowder encased in brass, point me towards murderer's and pedophile's and let me fly.

(: ˇ ɹǝʌo ǝɯ 11oɹ ...sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
05GT-O.C.D. is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
jpdocdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: beach park, il
Posts: 8,162
Images: 7
whats he sell?
__________________
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president."
http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data...re_cowbell.gif
jpdocdave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 663
His ebay store is called, BOB'S JEEP PARTS. It sez he's from NE but I don't know just how far NE or his lat-long.
NVRDLMO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Levinoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jeffersontown
Posts: 5,539
Did you already pay him? I'd start the process of getting my money back if you did.
__________________

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
Levinoss is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 663
The deal is........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinoss View Post
Did you already pay him? I'd start the process of getting my money back if you did.
Well that's why I e-mailed him. I "won" two auctions. One was a pair of new Bestop half doors for, get this....$51.00. The other was for a new P E safari top, 35 bucks! He sez in the auction that if you don't have the "no drill header" he will sell you one for an additional 20 bucks so I e-mailed him to say please add that and send me an invoice. Well, after two days I just decided to pay for the two items I "won".

You really can't start any action against a seller for two weeks. I was just curious if any of you have dealt with them or know them.
NVRDLMO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Jiffydarren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 530
Send a message via AIM to Jiffydarren
If it sounds too good to be true....
__________________
Losing hours at work? Taxes up on your paycheck? Having trouble finding a doctor? Your kids trashy?

You voted for it... Stop complaining.
Jiffydarren is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2009, 10:15 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 663
Finally got a reply. They say the items shipped yesterday. No tracking number, just that they shipped. I love/hate ebay.
NVRDLMO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
csamn2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Peterson AFB CO
Posts: 1,911
Send a message via AIM to csamn2007
this always makes me laugh.


__________________
2000 Wrangler Sport
2 in Procomp SL 1 in BL
33 in Procomp MTs
csamn2007 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2009, 07:15 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
MCDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 2,356
I bought a Bestop LJ Safari top from him very recently. It came in, the box was marked "warranty", and it had a defect above the passenger door where the outer layer wasn't sewn in at the edge. This was about 6" long. I replied back through ebay (all communication went through them), and he said he'd get me another one out. The next one that came in was a Rugged Ridge TJ bikini top (may have been safari, can't remember), brand new in the correct box. I contacted him again and, at first, he offered to just refund the money. I told him I didn't want a refund, I wanted the top because I'd gotten such a good deal on it ($56). He then sent me the correct top, brand new, in the correct box. Said the 2nd top was a shipping mistake from his supplier. He also told me to just keep all the tops due to the hassle.

Communication wasn't bad and I wound up with the right product at a great price. I'd buy from him again...I've bought from worse. One other thing I noticed: so far, he hasn't given me any feedback, even though I gave it to him.

And yes, I do have a brand new top I can sell at a cheap price...
MCDavis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
mrcarcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Midland/Odessa, TX
Posts: 3,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDavis View Post

And yes, I do have a brand new top I can sell at a cheap price...
PM sent
mrcarcrazy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2009, 03:06 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
G-Pur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lowell, MA
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRDLMO View Post
His ebay store is called, BOB'S JEEP PARTS. It sez he's from NE but I don't know just how far NE or his lat-long.
Waverly is in Massachusettes, about 15 miles outside of Boston.
__________________
Check us out at NorthShoreJeeps.com

G-Pur is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Pur View Post
Waverly is in Massachusettes, about 15 miles outside of Boston.
Ut-oh, I'm a Raiders fan....

tuck rule......TUCK RULE !
NVRDLMO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDavis View Post
I bought a Bestop LJ Safari top from him very recently. It came in, the box was marked "warranty", and it had a defect above the passenger door where the outer layer wasn't sewn in at the edge. This was about 6" long. I replied back through ebay (all communication went through them), and he said he'd get me another one out. The next one that came in was a Rugged Ridge TJ bikini top (may have been safari, can't remember), brand new in the correct box. I contacted him again and, at first, he offered to just refund the money. I told him I didn't want a refund, I wanted the top because I'd gotten such a good deal on it ($56). He then sent me the correct top, brand new, in the correct box. Said the 2nd top was a shipping mistake from his supplier. He also told me to just keep all the tops due to the hassle.

Communication wasn't bad and I wound up with the right product at a great price. I'd buy from him again...I've bought from worse. One other thing I noticed: so far, he hasn't given me any feedback, even though I gave it to him.

And yes, I do have a brand new top I can sell at a cheap price...
His ad for the safari top said if you don't have the "no drill header" he'll throw one in for another $20.00. I don't have one so after I "won" it, I e-mailed him to add in the header and send an invoice. No reply, so I e-mailed him from the other item I "won" and still no reply. Finally I just payed for the item I "won" and after a few days I e-mailed to ask when they would be shipped. They answered that e-mail. I would call this "poor" communication. I can't wait to see what condition it arrives in.
NVRDLMO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
MCDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRDLMO View Post
His ad for the safari top said if you don't have the "no drill header" he'll throw one in for another $20.00. I don't have one so after I "won" it, I e-mailed him to add in the header and send an invoice. No reply, so I e-mailed him from the other item I "won" and still no reply. Finally I just payed for the item I "won" and after a few days I e-mailed to ask when they would be shipped. They answered that e-mail. I would call this "poor" communication. I can't wait to see what condition it arrives in.
I agree that's poor communication. I was just saying that he's not as bad as some I've bought from before.

It's ebay...it's a crapshoot.
MCDavis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDavis View Post
I agree that's poor communication. I was just saying that he's not as bad as some I've bought from before.

It's ebay...it's a crapshoot.
I'll drink to that !
NVRDLMO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 663
I received the half doors yesterday, they are new and in perfect condition. I also received the bestop header which I didn't order or pay for. I didn't receive the safari top so I e-mailed him again. His reply said that it is on it's way also.
NVRDLMO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 663
Hey guess what? Bob came through ! Bestop half doors, Pavement ends safari top and Bestop header all for $119 with shipping !!
NVRDLMO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
csamn2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Peterson AFB CO
Posts: 1,911
Send a message via AIM to csamn2007
Good to hear!

__________________
2000 Wrangler Sport
2 in Procomp SL 1 in BL
33 in Procomp MTs
csamn2007 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Funny eBay Joke Gone Wrong. AzTJ Off-Topic 2 02-20-2009 11:28 PM
Ebay Help! Rubigoddess Off-Topic 7 02-24-2008 10:20 PM
beware of ebay mrbigjeep General Jeep Discussion 9 01-25-2007 03:41 PM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC