What I did to my Jeep today - Page 13 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Tech Forums > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #361
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
Andy, are you not going to run the bolts up thru the frame at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD
I still have to cut the holes for the stock mounting locations for 12 bolts total.

It is in the post. I don't believe that 6 bolts will be very sturdy. This will help keep the skid from bending. Not that it isn't going to be bullet proof once I weld the 3.5"x3/8" piece on the edges. There are certain areas I believe you should over build. And this is one of them. I bent my RE skid 3 kinds from leftways. LOL!

MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #362
Jack Lives Here!!!

WF Supporting Member
 
1BLKJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD View Post
It is in the post. I don't believe that 6 bolts will be very sturdy. This will help keep the skid from bending. Not that it isn't going to be bullet proof once I weld the 3.5"x3/8" piece on the edges. There are certain areas I believe you should over build. And this is one of them. I bent my RE skid 3 kinds from leftways. LOL!
Yup, guess I didn't see that. I was hopin so. I know you Kansas boys don't really have any rocks to climb, but I knew you would bend the shit out of that thing if you didn't brace it up more.

__________________
Thanks,
Jack Hickman

President - Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
Vice-President - ASA4WDC
Arizona Rock Rats
1BLKJP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 09:14 PM   #363
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
Yup, guess I didn't see that. I was hopin so. I know you Kansas boys don't really have any rocks to climb, but I knew you would bend the shit out of that thing if you didn't brace it up more.
Of course, I will take some pics to show the finished product. I should have it completed tomorrow hopefully. It will be some beef once I'm finished with it

Plus,

I don't know what you are talking about with the whole rocks thing. They are just spread out all over the state!! LOL

This is in the back yard of the DPG shop. Not many can say they have this!



MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 09:22 PM   #364
Drives by Braille

WF Supporting Member
 
AzTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: For-8-Oh!
Posts: 13,621
those arn't rocks, thats rubble!
AzTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #365
Jack Lives Here!!!

WF Supporting Member
 
1BLKJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,764
Nice "little" rock pile Andy. Is that all you got? I know you aren't spending all that time and money to build your rig just so you can run around and play on a few slabs?

However I'd say that we can match and obliterate your little playground out here. Look any direction and we can find rocks bigger than DPG's shop.
__________________
Thanks,
Jack Hickman

President - Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
Vice-President - ASA4WDC
Arizona Rock Rats
1BLKJP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 09:26 PM   #366
Jeeper
 
amerijeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mississippi.
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTJ View Post
those arn't rocks, thats rubble!

You gotta be careful of the rod iron. It's just another obstacle.
__________________
To all who serve, Thank You.
amerijeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 10:05 PM   #367
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
Nice "little" rock pile Andy. Is that all you got? I know you aren't spending all that time and money to build your rig just so you can run around and play on a few slabs?

However I'd say that we can match and obliterate your little playground out here. Look any direction and we can find rocks bigger than DPG's shop.
is it 100 yards from your shop?
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 10:07 PM   #368
Extremely Humble

WF Lifetime Member
 
Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Midland Texas
Posts: 11,549
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
Nice "little" rock pile Andy. Is that all you got?
It looks like a mountain range to me considering where I'm from.
__________________

|
|

03 Rubicon | 36" Iroks | Chromo D44's w/Rear Spool | 5.5" RK LA | 5.13s | Armored Head to Toe
Scout is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 10:10 PM   #369
Jack Lives Here!!!

WF Supporting Member
 
1BLKJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD View Post
is it 100 yards from your shop?
Nope, I don't have a shop of my own. Do you?
__________________
Thanks,
Jack Hickman

President - Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
Vice-President - ASA4WDC
Arizona Rock Rats
1BLKJP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 10:11 PM   #370
Extremely Humble

WF Lifetime Member
 
Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Midland Texas
Posts: 11,549
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
Nope, I don't have a shop of my own. Do you?
Uhhh.... I think he does?!?!
__________________

|
|

03 Rubicon | 36" Iroks | Chromo D44's w/Rear Spool | 5.5" RK LA | 5.13s | Armored Head to Toe
Scout is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 10:12 PM   #371
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,530
anyone willing can come give one of our hill climbs a run. Granted it isn't JV and it isn't Clayton it is plenty enough to scratch the itch so we don't have to drive 3 hours in any direction. I think that is the biggest reason we don't go so far to go wheelin. We wheel, if someone breaks we fix it and they are back wheelin again in usually under an hour. We BBQ and have a great time. Then get to sleep in our own beds that night.
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 10:12 PM   #372
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
Nope, I don't have a shop of my own. Do you?
Yep.
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 10:18 PM   #373
Jack Lives Here!!!

WF Supporting Member
 
1BLKJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD View Post
anyone willing can come give one of our hill climbs a run. Granted it isn't JV and it isn't Clayton it is plenty enough to scratch the itch so we don't have to drive 3 hours in any direction. I think that is the biggest reason we don't go so far to go wheelin. We wheel, if someone breaks we fix it and they are back wheelin again in usually under an hour. We BBQ and have a great time. Then get to sleep in our own beds that night.
Well you got us beat there, Closest 4.5 to 5 rated trails are a whole 35 minutes from us in any direction.
__________________
Thanks,
Jack Hickman

President - Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
Vice-President - ASA4WDC
Arizona Rock Rats
1BLKJP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 10:21 PM   #374
Drives by Braille

WF Supporting Member
 
AzTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: For-8-Oh!
Posts: 13,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
However I'd say that we can match and obliterate your little playground out here. Look any direction and we can find rocks bigger than DPG's shop.
You mean like these?

AzTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 10:22 PM   #375
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,530
This guy is Aaron.



Aaron tried one specific hill climb that nobody has concurred. Aaron is well known on POR for his ability to walk hard obstacles. He didn't make it.

At the end of the day when I finish work on my rig I really can't tell you why I'm building my jeep anymore. I seem to have lost that motivation.
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #376
Jack Lives Here!!!

WF Supporting Member
 
1BLKJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD View Post
At the end of the day when I finish work on my rig I really can't tell you why I'm building my jeep anymore. I seem to have lost that motivation.

I hear ya man. That happens to the best of us. Have you had any luck coming up with those few remaining parts you've been waiting on?
__________________
Thanks,
Jack Hickman

President - Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
Vice-President - ASA4WDC
Arizona Rock Rats
1BLKJP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 10:25 PM   #377
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTJ View Post
You mean like these?

we didn't build the proving grounds so nobody could play. My wife can go out back and still have fun. We have some harder stuff for the bigger boys(and smaller boys with no brains) and enough that a stocker could still enjoy some stuff.

Nature didn't give us wheelin in Kansas. An end loader, back hoe, and a bull dozer did. Which isn't cheap no matter where you go in the USofA
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 10:27 PM   #378
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
I hear ya man. That happens to the best of us. Have you had any luck coming up with those few remaining parts you've been waiting on?
absolutely not. I think the best part is my post saying I got all of it and everyone seeing exactly whose parts they are. It is so bad that most of my family even asks.

Lets just say, I have a beautiful dana 60 geared and locked just sitting in the shop. And it isn't under my jeep.
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 10:30 PM   #379
Jack Lives Here!!!

WF Supporting Member
 
1BLKJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD View Post
Lets just say, I have a beautiful dana 60 geared and locked just sitting in the shop. And it isn't under my jeep.
That is definitely the suck of it all my friend.
__________________
Thanks,
Jack Hickman

President - Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
Vice-President - ASA4WDC
Arizona Rock Rats
1BLKJP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 10:30 PM   #380
Drives by Braille

WF Supporting Member
 
AzTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: For-8-Oh!
Posts: 13,621
I never said it wouldn't be fun
AzTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2007, 10:31 PM   #381
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
That is definitely the suck of it all my friend.
Very discouraging. I have certain highly visible obligations I would like to meet come April/May
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-26-2007, 12:44 AM   #382
Jack Lives Here!!!

WF Supporting Member
 
1BLKJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD View Post
Very discouraging. I have certain highly visible obligations I would like to meet come April/May
Andy are you still waiting for the tri-link bracket from BTF?
__________________
Thanks,
Jack Hickman

President - Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
Vice-President - ASA4WDC
Arizona Rock Rats
1BLKJP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-26-2007, 08:42 AM   #383
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,530
yea. It is the whole front truss with ram mount. If I had the ability to cut and bend half inch plate I would have done it myself. The ram mount is really the part that I'm after cause it works in conjunction with my hi steer arms.
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-26-2007, 10:33 AM   #384
Jeeper
 
Odd is he's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 668
Send a message via AIM to Odd is he
I clean the heavy wet snow of my jeep today.... thats all.
__________________
Currently not a Jeep owner.

Taking a break from the "jeep thing"
Odd is he is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-26-2007, 12:13 PM   #385
Jack Lives Here!!!

WF Supporting Member
 
1BLKJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD View Post
yea. It is the whole front truss with ram mount. If I had the ability to cut and bend half inch plate I would have done it myself. The ram mount is really the part that I'm after cause it works in conjunction with my hi steer arms.
Yeah, that will definitely hemm you up. You aren't the first or the tenth that I've heard slllllllloooooooooooooowwwwww things about them lately.
__________________
Thanks,
Jack Hickman

President - Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
Vice-President - ASA4WDC
Arizona Rock Rats
1BLKJP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #386
Jeeper
 
lost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ɹǝʌo dılɟ Miami,FL
Posts: 2,165
my friend got sick of how dirty my jeep was on the inside so she helped me clean it. No more mud on the tach and now me and my passengers dont get muddy from just sitting in it!
__________________
74'cj5: 360v8, d30, d44, 32"BFG a/t's
73'cj5: 258, d30, d44
00'tj:242
lost is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-27-2007, 08:04 PM   #387
Jack Lives Here!!!

WF Supporting Member
 
1BLKJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
my friend got sick of how dirty my jeep was on the inside so she helped me clean it. No more mud on the tach and now me and my passengers dont get muddy from just sitting in it!
Bro, you need to hook up with that one. Any girl that will help a guy clean out his mudstuck rig is worth keeping around.
__________________
Thanks,
Jack Hickman

President - Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
Vice-President - ASA4WDC
Arizona Rock Rats
1BLKJP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-27-2007, 08:37 PM   #388
coilovers are damn flexy
 
bluvikng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
Bro, you need to hook up with that one. Any girl that will help a guy clean out his mudstuck rig is worth keeping around.
\

Amen, to that Bro............
bluvikng is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-27-2007, 10:11 PM   #389
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,530


MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #390
Extremely Humble

WF Lifetime Member
 
Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Midland Texas
Posts: 11,549
Images: 12
Tube steps?


__________________

|
|

03 Rubicon | 36" Iroks | Chromo D44's w/Rear Spool | 5.5" RK LA | 5.13s | Armored Head to Toe
Scout is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just got my first jeep today! an 88yj now i have some ?s simplyfishin YJ General Discussion Forum 9 08-05-2011 09:01 AM
Biggest Jeep Freek Contest!!!! txoutdoorx4 Classifieds Archive 6 02-21-2011 10:48 AM
what have you done to your jeep today MMata77 YJ General Discussion Forum 24 12-07-2010 09:02 AM
Parts Vanimal00000 TJ General Discussion Forum 6 01-28-2010 08:06 AM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC