What I did to my Jeep today - Page 454 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #13591
Jeeper
 
MattD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE PA
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiser View Post
Looks great! I'm getting Monstaliner. They sent me a sample it's really rubbery and smooth. A dark blue. It's going to be a big project for me anyway.
Yep. Once you get into the prep work you may be asking yourself, Why the f*** did I start this?

However, when your done, you're going to love it. I found no difference in the noise level without the carpet. I just bought some good floor mats today and even washed it at the car wash. Pulled the rubber plugs (bought 4 off eBay to replace steel plugs) and hit the inside just to see it get wet. LOL

It was worth the sweat.

If you want my experience you can see some of my advice in my THREAD (Post #36). Might save you some heartache and aggravation. Also, take note of the tranny tunnel. You have to go all the way to the shifter on the passenger side or some of the tranny cover will be exposed after you replace the center console.

MattD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #13592
Jeeper
 
Hellraiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB Canada
Posts: 2,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattD

Yep. Once you get into the prep work you may be asking yourself, Why the f*** did I start this?

However, when your done, you're going to love it. I found no difference in the noise level without the carpet. I just bought some good floor mats today and even washed it at the car wash. Pulled the rubber plugs (bought 4 off eBay to replace steel plugs) and hit the inside just to see it get wet. LOL

It was worth the sweat.

If you want my experience you can see some of my advice in my THREAD (Post #36). Might save you some heartache and aggravation. Also, take note of the tranny tunnel. You have to go all the way to the shifter on the passenger side or some of the tranny cover will be exposed after you replace the center console.
Some great advice and ive checked out thread. Looks great! Ya I might have feelings of dread half way through. Lol.

__________________
Dirty Deeds ... Done With Jeeps!
Hellraiser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #13593
Jeeper
 
Hellraiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB Canada
Posts: 2,798
Took off TAPOUT decals. Came with the Jeep. Don't like anything tapout lol. Looks kind of naked now. Woo woo lol.
__________________
Dirty Deeds ... Done With Jeeps!
Hellraiser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-12-2011, 11:05 PM   #13594
Jeeper
 
2003x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 964
Installed DDM 6000K 55W HID head lights, and a Scan Gauge II.
__________________
HP D30, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, 4" RC Long Arm, 1" BL, 35" Toyo MT's.
My Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...-build-944608/
2003x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #13595
Jeeper
 
Hellraiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB Canada
Posts: 2,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003x
Installed DDM 6000K 55W HID head lights, and a Scan Gauge II.
Why can't you just put in a new bulb in stock headlights? Sigh. Lol
__________________
Dirty Deeds ... Done With Jeeps!
Hellraiser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 12:44 AM   #13596
Jeeper
 
amagrecki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 17
Put in my currie track bar, jks discos, and put in some new coils that were free

And replaced my head light I destroyed
amagrecki is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 01:02 AM   #13597
Jeeper
 
Big_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 122
New license plate came today!

time for some MUDN!

Big_B is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 02:03 AM   #13598
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiser

Why can't you just put in a new bulb in stock headlights? Sigh. Lol
That was sarcasm right?
__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 02:14 AM   #13599
Jeeper
 
Hellraiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB Canada
Posts: 2,798
Yes tis true.
__________________
Dirty Deeds ... Done With Jeeps!
Hellraiser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 02:19 AM   #13600
Nerf gun assassin

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
distortedtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: yep right there.
Posts: 21,266
Send a message via Yahoo to distortedtj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiser
Yes tis true.
I just change the bulb in mine.
distortedtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 02:29 AM   #13601
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
The new ones I'm ordering I can just change the bulb in
__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 02:52 AM   #13602
Jeeper
 
Hellraiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB Canada
Posts: 2,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedtj

I just change the bulb in mine.
I have decided to just go with my blinding light of my new IPAA lights on my bullbar and call it a day. I think that's enough light for me. I need a new windshield my golfball sizes stone chip is spreading.
__________________
Dirty Deeds ... Done With Jeeps!
Hellraiser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #13603
Jeeper
 
wwch99tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Felton Delaware
Posts: 4,711
Removed the milk jugs and ordered mopar end caps. I think it looks beefier without em
wwch99tj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 08:36 AM   #13604
Jeeper
 
Bigbluetj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: florida, very hot
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj
Removed the milk jugs and ordered mopar end caps. I think it looks beefier without em
Looks better!!!!
Bigbluetj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #13605
Jeeper
 
wwch99tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Felton Delaware
Posts: 4,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluetj

Looks better!!!!
Thanks!!
wwch99tj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 08:42 AM   #13606
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,537
I didn't do squat.
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #13607
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD
I just get a new Jeep.
Pics ??
__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #13608
WINNAR!!!!!!
 
MR.CLIFFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: THE PROVING GROUNDS
Posts: 6,537
It makes more sense when I quote it. Like this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedtj View Post
I just change the bulb in mine.
I just get a new Jeep.
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #13609
Jeeper
 
billy_YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mebane, NC
Posts: 922
Changed the front/rear differential fluids & transmission fluid.

May be putting the hard top on in a few for the BIG RALEIGH PAGE RD RIDE, depending on this rain.
__________________

-Billy
Project Woody
'87 Grand Wagoneer "Woody"
'94 Wrangler YJ "Blue"
billy_YJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #13610
Jeeper
 
billy_YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mebane, NC
Posts: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_B View Post
New license plate came today!

time for some MUDN!

Sweet plate design. I didn't know we had those design options here in NC.
__________________

-Billy
Project Woody
'87 Grand Wagoneer "Woody"
'94 Wrangler YJ "Blue"
billy_YJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #13611
Jeeper
 
LilYeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Florida U.S.A
Posts: 2,590
Oil change, Installed Eagle Eye driving lights on the bumper, did some rust removal between the frame and the tranny skid plate, removed the inside rear fender covers, took out all the carpet and touched up the liner inside the Jeep.
__________________

Random Guy: "Is there anywhere that thing cant go?"
Me: "Yea, past a gas station..."

Build thread: My Lil' Yeller Jeep, Paracord Grab handles ~ how to make your own
Keep on Jeepin on!
LilYeller is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #13612
Jeeper
 
blkrubi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clayton NC
Posts: 23,696
Put soft top and doors back on because it's raining and I'm about to take some kids to the movies, if it was just my kid, his butt would get wet!
__________________
I can only please one person a day and today is not your day and tomorrow is not looking good either!



CHRIS
blkrubi88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #13613
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
kfdjason7620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kenly, NC
Posts: 3,962
I found some flex today on my wife's commander while taking my 3 boys fishing, first time I ever seen mud on the tires! 4wd even engaged! I just hope this rain washes the mud off em before she gets home!! LOL
kfdjason7620 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #13614
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfdjason7620
I found some flex today on my wife's commander while taking my 3 boys fishing, first time I ever seen mud on the tires! 4wd even engaged! I just hope this rain washes the mud off em before she gets home!! LOL
Pics? I wanna take the commander wheeling so bad.
__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #13615
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
kfdjason7620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kenly, NC
Posts: 3,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaufman_95

Pics? I wanna take the commander wheeling so bad.
Dam, I didn't think of taking pics, maybe next time, we had to cross a pond drain/overflow ditch and the sliders beside the spare tire met the ground for the first time!!! But I love it more since I leveled the front end!! I just can't talk her into the brush guard..
kfdjason7620 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #13616
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfdjason7620

Dam, I didn't think of taking pics, maybe next time, we had to cross a pond drain/overflow ditch and the sliders beside the spare tire met the ground for the first time!!! But I love it more since I leveled the front end!! I just can't talk her into the brush guard..
Were getting a brush guard for the xk. I'm trying to convince the powers that be that it needs a 2 inch lift and some aggressive a/t it's due for new tires and I'm gonna get 31 Goodyear avengers which are what my Tj has and I just wheeled Moab with
__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #13617
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
kfdjason7620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kenly, NC
Posts: 3,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaufman_95

Were getting a brush guard for the xk. I'm trying to convince the powers that be that it needs a 2 inch lift and some aggressive a/t it's due for new tires and I'm gonna get 31 Goodyear avengers which are what my Tj has and I just wheeled Moab with
Sounds good, the leveling kit or "attitude adjuster" as its called is enough for me, but with 60k on original tires, that's what I'm sticking with, and $138 per tire is sweeeeeeet!
kfdjason7620 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #13618
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfdjason7620

Sounds good, the leveling kit or "attitude adjuster" as its called is enough for me, but with 60k on original tires, that's what I'm sticking with, and $138 per tire is sweeeeeeet!
Ive got around 70k on stock tires. The Goodyears are $180 a tire
__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #13619
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
kfdjason7620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kenly, NC
Posts: 3,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaufman_95

Ive got around 70k on stock tires. The Goodyears are $180 a tire
$180?? Wow, I got em quoted at discount tire for $138, but didn't want to pay shipping so I called my local 3rd generation small town tire shop and asked if he could get em for anywhere near that price, I was expecting more, 1hr later he called me back and said he could get em for exact same price. That was a month ago, haven't put em on yet
kfdjason7620 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #13620
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfdjason7620

$180?? Wow, I got em quoted at discount tire for $138, but didn't want to pay shipping so I called my local 3rd generation small town tire shop and asked if he could get em for anywhere near that price, I was expecting more, 1hr later he called me back and said he could get em for exact same price. That was a month ago, haven't put em on yet
For Goodyear wrangler avengers?? That was the cheapest price I got out of eight local tire places

__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just got my first jeep today! an 88yj now i have some ?s simplyfishin YJ General Discussion Forum 9 08-05-2011 09:01 AM
Biggest Jeep Freek Contest!!!! txoutdoorx4 Classifieds Archive 6 02-21-2011 10:48 AM
what have you done to your jeep today MMata77 YJ General Discussion Forum 24 12-07-2010 09:02 AM
Parts Vanimal00000 TJ General Discussion Forum 6 01-28-2010 08:06 AM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC