yeti coolers - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > General Jeep Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
jeepwelder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 74
yeti coolers

Anyone have a yeti cooler?

jeepwelder is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
beaureed445's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 471
Yes.

beaureed445 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
jwann01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 327
Yes, and they are worth it. I also have a Pelican cooler, which is also a great cooler at about half the price of the Yeti. But, it is a heavy cooler.
__________________
Life, Liberty and the pursuit of anyone that threatens it!
jwann01 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
jeepwelder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 74
Got a yeti 65
jeepwelder is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
183Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The center of Kansas
Posts: 287
What makes them so special? Ive been interested in them, but haven't been able to bite the bullet yet.
__________________
1992 Jeep YJ 4.0/AW4/ATLAS
60's on 40s
183Beast is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 26
Yep, 65 qt.
August West is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #7
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jeepers29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Posts: 3,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by 183Beast View Post
What makes them so special? Ive been interested in them, but haven't been able to bite the bullet yet.
Their price tag!
jeepers29 is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Conroe, Texas
Posts: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers29 View Post
Their price tag!
X2. And they are heavy. You get one full of beer and ice and you will have hell loading it by yourself. Not to mention every thief will have their eyes on it. I think its a tough cooler, but the cons out weigh the pros IMOHO
__________________
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Rubi513 is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Perkolater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 55
I have a 65 and a 35. What makes them special? Durability and the fact that they will keep ice for DAYS. I don't mean a lot of water with some ice on day 3, I mean ICE with some water, even in the middle of summer in Florida. They are expensive but worth it.
Perkolater is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Conroe, Texas
Posts: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkolater View Post
I have a 65 and a 35. What makes them special? Durability and the fact that they will keep ice for DAYS. I don't mean a lot of water with some ice on day 3, I mean ICE with some water, even in the middle of summer in Florida. They are expensive but worth it.
You can get 20 lbs. of ice for .99 cents around here.

This also depends on how you use the cooler. If you are using it as a drink cooler where people are going to be in it all the time, the difference is minimal.
__________________
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Rubi513 is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #11
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Barmanvarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 5,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
You can get 20 lbs. of ice for .99 cents around here. This also depends on how you use the cooler. If you are using it as a drink cooler where people are going to be in it all the time, the difference is minimal.
Don't know about your neck of the woods but around here we don't yet have ice machines installed out in the middle of nowhere where we ride and camp.
__________________
-Brian
2012 Cherry Red JK
TF 2.5 Coils w/ Billstein 5100 Shocks
17x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloys
315/70/17 GY Duratracs
4:56 Gears - LSD in Rear w/ Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
TF HD Diff Covers
Barmanvarn is online now   Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Conroe, Texas
Posts: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmanvarn View Post
Don't know about your neck of the woods but around here we don't yet have ice machines installed out in the middle of nowhere where we ride and camp.
LOL! No, me either. But that is my point. If you are using the cooler like 99% of all people do. Where you are in it several times a day, a Yeti will not miraculously hold ice much better than a normal cooler. If you are not in the cooler, then yes it will hold ice better, but not 300 bucks better.
__________________
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Rubi513 is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #13
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Barmanvarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 5,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
LOL! No, me either. But that is my point. If you are using the cooler like 99% of all people do. Where you are in it several times a day, a Yeti will not miraculously hold ice much better than a normal cooler. If you are not in the cooler, then yes it will hold ice better, but not 300 bucks better.
Had to poke at ya. LOL

I do agree with you on the above.

I'm getting one soon. It's purpose is for extended camping/offroad trips where access to ice isn't possible.

__________________
-Brian
2012 Cherry Red JK
TF 2.5 Coils w/ Billstein 5100 Shocks
17x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloys
315/70/17 GY Duratracs
4:56 Gears - LSD in Rear w/ Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
TF HD Diff Covers
Barmanvarn is online now   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC