Just a heads up about some impending changes to signatures. We have always had some rules about signatures but not spent much enforcing them. Recently we've seen some really large signatures and others with images hosted off site where the image is commercial in nature or totally disgusting and so would like to remind folks about our signature standards:
Signature Standards: Signatures are setup in your profile. They will appear at the bottom of every post you make.
- Signatures must be kept to a maximum of six lines (including blank lines) and contain no more than two links (no commercial links permitted). Participants may not post affiliate links.
- Signature may not include email addresses or prompts to contact or a sales pitch.
- Signatures cannot contain lewd, vulgar or offensive material and we reserve the right to alter or remove your signature and or it's contents at any time without explanation.
- Signatures must follow our forums posting standards and only one line may be bolded.
- Signatures may contain one image not to exceed 468 x 60 pixels.
It's important to note that we aren't actually changing the guidelines for signatures - just asking folks to comply with the existing limits. Thanks in advance for patient with any inconvenience.
Moving forward you will not be able to hot link to an image for your signature, but instead will have to upload images in your profile. Existing images that have been linked to or embedded with image tags will be purged from the system. If you need help setting up a new sig or loading a new image, please let a moderator know and we'll try to help.
Here are some examples of sig images to give you ideas about formatting.