Why do my posts have to be approved by a moderator? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Community Forums > WF Site Help & Support

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11
Why do my posts have to be approved by a moderator?

I'll be honest, there are a couple forum members that have lost my business to ebay because a moderator had to approve my post in for sale ads- YJ frame in NY and other YJ parts.
It is silly that I sometimes have to use my brothers account to post because he has been on here longer even though he doesn't have many posts.

Sahara4x4 is offline  
Old 12-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
In a trailer in the woods

WF Supporting Member
 
Barrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Greater downtown Brownsville,Kentucky
Posts: 42,600
Send a message via AIM to Barrie Send a message via Yahoo to Barrie
All you need are 15 post to use the classifieds. I don't see your problem, could you explain a little more.

__________________
2006 Unlimited Soft Top


Skillfully disguised as a responsible adult


Barrie is offline  
Old 12-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
yjkid95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Great Lakes, Illinios.
Posts: 1,851
__________________
My Build Thread... with plenty of pics
yjkid95 is offline  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
RatherBNarizona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arizona
Posts: 12,284
If you are trying to post in the classifieds it is because you need at least 15 posts in order to make a thread in our classified section. (What Barrie said)
RatherBNarizona is offline  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: somewhere....
Posts: 11,188
all u need to do is get 15 posts its not hard.
redjeeper is offline  
Old 12-23-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11
Thats silly! Didn't know I needed a specific post count to post in the classifieds, including the WTB section. I keep getting denied access to certain pages or postings.
Sahara4x4 is offline  
Old 12-23-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,496
11 more to go till your home free. So what type of jeep you got?
knnphillips is offline  
Old 12-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
KBR97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara4x4 View Post
Thats silly! Didn't know I needed a specific post count to post in the classifieds, including the WTB section. I keep getting denied access to certain pages or postings.
Im pretty sure its setup like that so spammers, trolls, and scams are persuaded away from the site. 15 posts is not hard to get but I'm sure hackers and spammers would rather not waste the time.

Introduce yourself, make a couple posts, you'll have 15 before you even realize.
KBR97 is offline  
Old 12-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #9
that's what she said

WF Supporting Member
 
jgano23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: \m/-_-\m/
Posts: 16,482
Send a message via AIM to jgano23 Send a message via Yahoo to jgano23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBR97 View Post
Im pretty sure its setup like that so spammers, trolls, and scams are persuaded away from the site. 15 posts is not hard to get but I'm sure hackers and spammers would rather not waste the time.

Introduce yourself, make a couple posts, you'll have 15 before you even realize.
exactly. we have this policy to protect our members. it deters scammers from posting fake ads and stealing money. plus it weeds out spammers. this is an internet forum, not craigslist. we offer the classified section as a courtesy to our members, so that they can offer their stuff to a specific demographic. by requiring members to have a minimum of 15 posts, it prevents people of taking advantage of "free" advertising space, that is not fair to the staff or other members. getting 15 posts is not difficult, you'll get there in no time .
jgano23 is offline  
Old 12-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #10
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11
I hate to have to say it, but I only come on the Jeep forums for the classifieds as it is easier to find older parts as opposed to ebay. I made a couple posts I kind of know the answer to in the YJ section to speed up my post so I can actually do a WTB in the classifieds.

I have a '95 YJ Sahara I am on here looking for 32RH automatic parts for a conversion. I had another username years ago, but I forgot the password so I just made a new account- don't think I had 15 posts on that one either.
Sahara4x4 is offline  
Old 12-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #11
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgano23 View Post
exactly. we have this policy to protect our members. it deters scammers from posting fake ads and stealing money. plus it weeds out spammers. this is an internet forum, not craigslist. we offer the classified section as a courtesy to our members, so that they can offer their stuff to a specific demographic. by requiring members to have a minimum of 15 posts, it prevents people of taking advantage of "free" advertising space, that is not fair to the staff or other members. getting 15 posts is not difficult, you'll get there in no time .
As with every forum I am on- I would pay a fee to belong if the classifieds are free. Another forum I am on daily does not have free classifieds and that is perfectly fine with me and I constantly buy and sell parts on it for the required listing fee. With older cars, parts are harder to find and it is places like here that have someone who has that part.
I could make 15 posts in 5 minutes and then take advantage of people in the classifieds so I don't see your logic in that- no offense. Oh well, been scavenging parts off ebay since I have no access yet lol.
Sahara4x4 is offline  
Old 12-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #12
Jeeponator

WF Supporting Member
 
Michigunman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 1,382
The classified's are here to benefit forum members. You clearly have no interest in participating in the forum, you just want to take advantage of the classified's. You come here with your "Lame" sign and complain about the rules yet expect to benefit from the classifieds. I don't think anyone here will be disappointed about "losing" your business to ebay.
__________________
Michigunman

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Michigunman is offline  
Old 12-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara4x4 View Post
As with every forum I am on- I would pay a fee to belong if the classifieds are free. Another forum I am on daily does not have free classifieds and that is perfectly fine with me and I constantly buy and sell parts on it for the required listing fee. With older cars, parts are harder to find and it is places like here that have someone who has that part.
I could make 15 posts in 5 minutes and then take advantage of people in the classifieds so I don't see your logic in that- no offense. Oh well, been scavenging parts off ebay since I have no access yet lol.
Really? You seem to be a prime example of how well it works. If you, as someone who legitimately wants to take advantage of the classifieds section, are unwilling to take the time to make 15 posts...it seems it would do wonders keeping out those uncommitted...

Anyway, as jgano23 said...its a courtesy...not an advertisement site.
Bubba68CS is offline  
Old 12-25-2010, 09:23 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
j33p3rz cr33p3rz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Franklin,Indiana
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara4x4 View Post
I hate to have to say it, but I only come on the Jeep forums for the classifieds as it is easier to find older parts as opposed to ebay. I made a couple posts I kind of know the answer to in the YJ section to speed up my post so I can actually do a WTB in the classifieds.

I have a '95 YJ Sahara I am on here looking for 32RH automatic parts for a conversion. I had another username years ago, but I forgot the password so I just made a new account- don't think I had 15 posts on that one either.
There is also a link there where you login says forgot password and it will email ya the pass
__________________
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)
j33p3rz cr33p3rz is offline  
Old 12-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #15
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33p3rz cr33p3rz View Post
There is also a link there where you login says forgot password and it will email ya the pass
I don't have that email addy anymore, it was with a different internet provider.

Anyhow, enough with the bickering. I understand where you all are coming from with the classifieds if I was selling, but someone in the WTB section clearly cannot take advantage of someone if they are buying a part. I think I made it clear I am not one to post alot and there is nothing wrong with that. I do not want to sell a thing here, just have the ability to buy parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba68CS View Post
Really? You seem to be a prime example of how well it works. If you, as someone who legitimately wants to take advantage of the classifieds section, are unwilling to take the time to make 15 posts...it seems it would do wonders keeping out those uncommitted...

Anyway, as jgano23 said...its a courtesy...not an advertisement site.
Obviously you cannot read. I am here looking to buy parts, not sell anything so that is not exactly taking advantage of anything. I am sure I am not the only one who comes on a vehicle exclusive forum to have the ability to purchase parts not available at an autoparts store or can't find a that vehicle in the JY and not really have the desire to post a picture of how their car looks freshly washed or how I hate that it gets dark so early in the winter.
I will thank you for allowing me to get another post so I can use the WTB section where I will be allowed to send some of my money to a forum member and who knows, it may be you that has what I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigunman View Post
The classified's are here to benefit forum members. You clearly have no interest in participating in the forum, you just want to take advantage of the classified's. You come here with your "Lame" sign and complain about the rules yet expect to benefit from the classifieds. I don't think anyone here will be disappointed about "losing" your business to ebay.
I didn't know I needed 15 posts, that is all. After I got that answer I kind of let it be and went on from there. I didn't whine, say that is the retardest thing I have ever heard of- I just voiced my opinion that I would have thought the WTB section would not need a specific post count to use.
If you have a part I need and don't want to sell it to me, no problem. If not, you probably will not see my post in the WTB section soon.

PS this section is for questions or issues with the site, so settle down!!! I don't remember having an issue with my old account but it has been a couple years. I got an answer but I have some ocean front property in Montana if anyone is interested in buying it

PS Merry Christmas... post #15.
I apologize for being a post whore in this thread but now I can get access to the parts of the forum I need to. And if anyone missed it, I made a thread yesterday in the new members section, so maybe you all will understand I am just another regular Jeeper and have no intention of taking advantage of people on here. Just another long time owner doing his part to keep the Jeep on the road and of course off the road.
Sahara4x4 is offline  
Old 12-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara4x4 View Post
Obviously you cannot read. I am here looking to buy parts, not sell anything so that is not exactly taking advantage of anything. I am sure I am not the only one who comes on a vehicle exclusive forum to have the ability to purchase parts not available at an autoparts store or can't find a that vehicle in the JY and not really have the desire to post a picture of how their car looks freshly washed or how I hate that it gets dark so early in the winter.
I will thank you for allowing me to get another post so I can use the WTB section where I will be allowed to send some of my money to a forum member and who knows, it may be you that has what I need.
Awwww...so naive.

I read what you said perfectly. I've seen plenty of scams looking to purchase parts...I don't care to go find them, but here is an example of a 'want ad' that is a scam I was able to find with a 10 second google search:

Tutors targeted in want-ad scam » Most Wanted » Evening News and Tribune

One more post and you should be good to go. Edit: or not.
Bubba68CS is offline  
Old 12-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #17
Drives by Braille

WF Supporting Member
 
AzTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: For-8-Oh!
Posts: 13,631
The OP got his answer. End of thread.

AzTJ is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Number of Posts Per Page" not working Jason D WF Site Help & Support 5 12-06-2010 08:08 PM
All Newbies (under 50 posts) PLEASE READ!!! ccain WF New Member Check In 0 11-08-2009 01:10 AM



Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC