Barricade Bumper? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
Newb
 
domococh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 6
Barricade Bumper?

I'm looking at this bumper, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. It's a lot less expensive than everything else I've seen, so would that be a reflection of the quality? I'm new to all this so don't beat me too bad

Barricade Heavy Duty Rock Crawler Wrangler Front Bumper J20850 (07-14 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping

domococh is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
ESP
Jeeper
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,463
If you like it, go for it. Bumpers are bumpers at the end of the day with the only real differences beside personal taste being approach angle, weight, and intended use.

__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
the Kolector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 2,565
Many of us have it, including me. There's a couple more posts that have pics and better info, I'm on my phone or I'd link them for you. My opinion? I love it! Great quality, built in light tabs on the bull bar and built in winch plate. Can't beat it for the price and, though similar to the eBay bumper, you get the amazing support from XTRYAN and ExtremeTerrain!!
__________________
You Are The Result of 3.8 Billion Years of Evolutionary Success. Act Like It.
the Kolector is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3
That bumper looks pretty nice. I would do some more additional research before really commuting to a bumper. Check out other sites such as autoeverything.com craigslist, etc. also keep in mind the attended use. IE: using it for winch systems or lights.
Jeep guy13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2014, 09:40 AM   #5
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Kolector View Post
Many of us have it, including me. There's a couple more posts that have pics and better info, I'm on my phone or I'd link them for you. My opinion? I love it! Great quality, built in light tabs on the bull bar and built in winch plate. Can't beat it for the price and, though similar to the eBay bumper, you get the amazing support from XTRYAN and ExtremeTerrain!!
Thanks for the support Kolector!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domococh View Post
I'm looking at this bumper, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. It's a lot less expensive than everything else I've seen, so would that be a reflection of the quality? I'm new to all this so don't beat me too bad

Barricade Heavy Duty Rock Crawler Wrangler Front Bumper J20850 (07-14 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping
I think you'll be really happy with the Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper on your rig. Check out the reviews and the customer submitted pictures on the site. There is a lot of good information for you on there. If you do decide to go with that bumper, PM me for a deal! And of course, let me know if you have any questions at all.

-Ryan
__________________
Ryan H. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
MacGyverDXS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTRyan View Post
Thanks for the support Kolector!



I think you'll be really happy with the Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper on your rig. Check out the reviews and the customer submitted pictures on the site. There is a lot of good information for you on there. If you do decide to go with that bumper, PM me for a deal! And of course, let me know if you have any questions at all.

-Ryan
Hey XTRyan, just looked on your site and it shows out of stock...any idea when it will be back in stock?
__________________
Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment. --Mark Twain
MacGyverDXS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
SPEC-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 39
I'm also looking into this bumper but its been out of stock mostly the entire year. Just waiting for it to be back up.
SPEC-V is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
MacGyverDXS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEC-V View Post
I'm also looking into this bumper but its been out of stock mostly the entire year. Just waiting for it to be back up.
Well, that's disappointing. Can't buy what isn't available. I'm not the patient type....if it's been out of stock that long there is probably a bunch of back orders and it's gonna be "out of stock" even when they get some.

Oh well, there are lots of other options out there....though few with as nice a price point.
__________________
Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment. --Mark Twain
MacGyverDXS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #9
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyverDXS View Post
Hey XTRyan, just looked on your site and it shows out of stock...any idea when it will be back in stock?
I hope to have them within the week. It could take a little longer to get the new inventory in the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEC-V View Post
I'm also looking into this bumper but its been out of stock mostly the entire year. Just waiting for it to be back up.
Sorry it's been so long! We're working on getting these back and keeping them in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyverDXS View Post
Well, that's disappointing. Can't buy what isn't available. I'm not the patient type....if it's been out of stock that long there is probably a bunch of back orders and it's gonna be "out of stock" even when they get some.

Oh well, there are lots of other options out there....though few with as nice a price point.
The good news is, the shipment we're getting from Barricade will more than cover the back orders and leaves us with plenty on hand for new orders. Hang in there and we'll have them up on the site soon!

-Ryan
__________________
Ryan H. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2014, 11:22 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
MacGyverDXS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTRyan View Post
I hope to have them within the week. It could take a little longer to get the new inventory in the system.



Sorry it's been so long! We're working on getting these back and keeping them in stock.



The good news is, the shipment we're getting from Barricade will more than cover the back orders and leaves us with plenty on hand for new orders. Hang in there and we'll have them up on the site soon!

-Ryan
Thanks Ryan, I'll wait for a bit cause I really like the looks of this bumper. Right now I'm saving up for a winch and new bumper....once I've got the money burning a hole in my pocket I'm gonna be ready to buy. Hopefully you'll have some in stock when I'm ready
__________________
Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment. --Mark Twain
MacGyverDXS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 10:50 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Milliken, CO
Posts: 54
Just got mine today - thanks Ryan! It is pretty stout. The welds are a little sloppy, but not weak and the fairlead mount was bent just a little, but fixed with a good whack. No instructions included, so off to the internet!
mlebwill is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-22-2014, 06:53 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
MacGyverDXS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 33
Argh....it never fails...when I have the money Extreme Terrain is out of them.
__________________
Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment. --Mark Twain
MacGyverDXS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Jeepsk8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: N Central Texas
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyverDXS View Post
Argh....it never fails...when I have the money Extreme Terrain is out of them.
Don't worry. They still don't have the one I want in stock.
Jeepsk8 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-22-2014, 09:35 PM   #14
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
the Kolector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 2,565
Go ahead and place you order while you have the funds, as long as its the one you REALLY want and dont mind waiting for it.
__________________
You Are The Result of 3.8 Billion Years of Evolutionary Success. Act Like It.
the Kolector is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-22-2014, 10:04 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
jasmyers1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 18
I have the barricade rear bumper that looks identical to the Smittybilt xrc with tire carrier. One word of advice is that unlike the smittybilt the handle assembly is not milled billet aluminum like smittybilt. It is a pot metal cast handle. If you do not push in the handle it will brake. My buddy has the smittybilt that you just turn the handle and did the same with mine. The plunger assembly that you push to turn shattered apart on mine. You can see after the damage it is a weak point of failure. Contacting the manufacturer for a replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-87227068.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1231042  
jasmyers1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 127
I have this same bumper. It was back ordered last month when I purchased and arrived sooner than anticipated. Quick install. Looks good and quality appears good.
aharper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2014, 12:11 PM   #17
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyverDXS View Post
Argh....it never fails...when I have the money Extreme Terrain is out of them.
I hate that that is the case! I'm hoping to have another shipment in at the end of the week. Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsk8 View Post
Don't worry. They still don't have the one I want in stock.
I assume you're talking about the one with the LEDs. We were really excited to bring it in and it was every bit as popular as we'd hoped it would be. Unfortunately that meant the stock went fast and Barricade is playing catch-up getting us more. Sorry for the delay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmyers1 View Post
I have the barricade rear bumper that looks identical to the Smittybilt xrc with tire carrier. One word of advice is that unlike the smittybilt the handle assembly is not milled billet aluminum like smittybilt. It is a pot metal cast handle. If you do not push in the handle it will brake. My buddy has the smittybilt that you just turn the handle and did the same with mine. The plunger assembly that you push to turn shattered apart on mine. You can see after the damage it is a weak point of failure. Contacting the manufacturer for a replacement.
I'm sorry that you had a problem with your handle! We haven't seen that happening on a lot of bumpers. That being said we stand behind every product that we sell 100%. Even if it means sending you a whole new bumper, I'll do whatever it takes to make this right. On top of the Warranty that Barricade offers we'll get you taken care of without question.

Shoot me a PM and we'll talk about how you want to proceed! The same goes for anyone who has any issues with any products we offer. I'm always here to help.

-Ryan

__________________
Ryan H. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC