Daystar 4" Lift kit? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-03-2014, 12:08 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
DROJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 58
Images: 1
Daystar 4" Lift kit?

Is anyone here running this? i just picked up my jeep two weeks ago and I'm trying to lift and throw some nice size tires on there but I'm on a budget being a full time student

Anyone know anyone with this product? any problems? concerns i should have?

heres the link to it also!
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Imag.../124551-lg.jpg
Attached Images
 

__________________
_______
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-}
()_)()_)--o-)_)
DROJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 12:13 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
DROJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 58
Images: 1
i also stumbled across this 2"3/4 one also.


http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Imag...4/95334-lg.jpg
Attached Images
 

__________________
_______
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-}
()_)()_)--o-)_)
DROJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 12:45 AM   #3
Supporting Member Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Daniel_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arizoner
Posts: 2,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROJK View Post
Is anyone here running this? i just picked up my jeep two weeks ago and I'm trying to lift and throw some nice size tires on there but I'm on a budget being a full time student

Anyone know anyone with this product? any problems? concerns i should have?

heres the link to it also!
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Imag.../124551-lg.jpg
It is just a 3" budget boost and a 1" body lift. At 4" total you can fit 37" tires easily. I wouldn't want a 3" spacer lift. It does nothing to address other suspension components at that height, which it should. Those Daystar shocks aren't any good either. If you are on a budget check out the Ranch 2" sport lift with RS9000XL shocks. Great kit and can fit 35's. I may be able to get you a better price.

-Dan
__________________
-Dan, Owner
RockRaider4x4 - PM me for a quote
Free shipping on most items
Suspension package deals available
Daniel_M is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 12:49 AM   #4
Supporting Member Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Daniel_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arizoner
Posts: 2,406
Rancho RS66109BR9 - Rancho 2" Sport System with RS9000XL Shocks for 07-14 JeepĀ® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

Here is the kit I am talking about. Personally I would go with a 1.5"-2.5" suspension or budget boost. Not a budget boost body lift combo.

-Dan
__________________
-Dan, Owner
RockRaider4x4 - PM me for a quote
Free shipping on most items
Suspension package deals available
Daniel_M is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 12:57 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
DROJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 58
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_M View Post
It is just a 3" budget boost and a 1" body lift. At 4" total you can fit 37" tires easily. I wouldn't want a 3" spacer lift. It does nothing to address other suspension components at that height, which it should. Those Daystar shocks aren't any good either. If you are on a budget check out the Ranch 2" sport lift with RS9000XL shocks. Great kit and can fit 35's. I may be able to get you a better price.

-Dan
If i can fit the 35"s that would be great! I'm interested!
__________________
_______
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-}
()_)()_)--o-)_)
DROJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 01:02 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
DROJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 58
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_M View Post
Rancho RS66109BR9 - Rancho 2" Sport System with RS9000XL Shocks for 07-14 JeepĀ® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

Here is the kit I am talking about. Personally I would go with a 1.5"-2.5" suspension or budget boost. Not a budget boost body lift combo.

-Dan
Do i have to address other suspension components at the 2.5''?
__________________
_______
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-}
()_)()_)--o-)_)
DROJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 01:04 AM   #7
Supporting Member Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Daniel_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arizoner
Posts: 2,406
Not typically. What year is your JK? 2012+ may want exhaust spacers like these
Synergy Suspension 2012+ Jeep JK Exhaust Spacer Kit - RockRaider Off-road

-Dan
__________________
-Dan, Owner
RockRaider4x4 - PM me for a quote
Free shipping on most items
Suspension package deals available
Daniel_M is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 01:09 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
DROJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 58
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_M View Post
Not typically. What year is your JK? 2012+ may want exhaust spacers like these
Synergy Suspension 2012+ Jeep JK Exhaust Spacer Kit - RockRaider Off-road

-Dan
its a 14'
__________________
_______
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-}
()_)()_)--o-)_)
DROJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 05:43 AM   #9
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,338
that's a lot of rubber. Way to much height and too lift using all spacer/BL. That's crazy.
Plus I think cam bolts are used for caster

Take a look at the link in my sig. Hopefully helps in your Decision. Also read the caster thread linked.
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
spinlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 37.9° N, 121.7° W
Posts: 4,185
KJeeper is right on the money, read his posting!

The body lift portion of the kit will only affect the looks but the 3" suspension portion of the lift is a poor choice. It will undoubtedly like your Jeep a full 3" inches but with a lot of negative ramifications. Ride, handling and stress on suspension, steering and driveline joints will be all be affected. A quality 2.5" lift kit will effectively provide 3" in many cases.

4" is considered a fairly big lift on a Jeep. The bigger the lift the better the quality of the lift kit should be.

__________________
"A man has got to know his limitations."
H. Callahan
spinlock is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC